Suggestions > [Official] Auto Bid System [Official]

[Official] Auto Bid System [Official]

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318174.101 in reply to 318174.99
Date: 2/15/2023 4:50:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, either some people are very selfish or someone needs to explain how this works.
How's this supposed to avoid the bidding wars.
Are all human players going to be replaced by the auto-bid or something?
I can't wait to see human players bidding against bots in those long bidding wars and shaking my head but please let me know if I'm seeing it wrong.

We need an example.

Player A auto-bids an historic players for 1M
Current price at (let's say) 50k (it's young and new and so on).

Player B bids for 52k
Auto-bid from Player A 54/55k

Player C bids for 60k
Auto-bid from Player A 62/63k

Etc, etc, etc.

Is this a fair example?
Will the poor human souls, at least, know that they will have to reach 1M and choose not to waste their time or bid over it?
Or do the developers don't even know?
Thanks in advance!

This Post:
318174.102 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 4:51:54 AM
Klappse Episode 23
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the idea of testing this with Staff first to identify how much it affects the market.

This Post:
318174.103 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 5:02:28 AM
This is dangerous territory - the big question is how will you interpret the results of the voting.
Let's say 55% yes 45% no, you can read it in a way saying that the majority wants it so let's implement, or you can say that almost half of the community is against it, so we should not change it...

I personally voted no, because I believe we do not have enough details to make a well informed decision here.
There could be so many consequences on the market, which we do not understand yet, that it would be careless to just do it - and I am saying this despite the fact that I am usually pro change.

Imagine those who were like:
Random manager: oh autobid, awesome, let's vote yes (without thinking about potential consequences)
A few month later the same manager: oh BB messed up the market, prices went up, I can't buy any of the players I would want... fix this!

This Post:
318174.104 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 6:19:24 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
i haven't bought a single player in the last 2 years so it's not a super hot topic for me, but i remember the good old times when you had to fight to buy just anybody (man, when they released the first free agent batch it was such a fun moment)

overall, i think most people are getting worried about nothing

no, this won't make it impossible for lower level managers to buy cheap players
if you can find cheap players today, nothing will change significantly assuming the autobid system will keep the 1 player limit listed by CM-Alonso

yes, this will speed up auctions for 2 reasons
1) the bot will raise your offer immediately instead of taking 1 to 3 minutes
2) the bot will raise the price of a player even before the auction deadline (at least i guess), which is usually the best way to keep the auction short past the deadline

overall it's a non necessity, but i'm fine with its implementation WITH STRONG LIMITATIONS. we don't need the return of ballfuhrer or whatever its name was

EDIT: i also think this may actually lower prices. i usually go into an auction thinking "i won't spend more than X", then i keep raising until the price gets a LOT higher. with the autobid i'll just stick to X

Last edited by mark_lenders at 2/15/2023 6:44:41 AM

This Post:
318174.105 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 6:38:05 AM
El Lobo-Lu Jujeño
LNA
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't like the idea, as other users said you can already make a big splash offer for the player that you want if you have a meeting, or go to sleep. Then you are gonna to think if during the meeting if you get your player. I remember on my holidays without internet during the day that I made the offer in the breakfast and when I came back I was happy (or not).

So, this option will benefit strongers teams because as a team on growing I look for bargains, then wait that nobody offer in the last 3 frenetical minutes and maybe then I can say "I get a great players for less that I thought". This tool will remove something (bargains for lower teams) that is very useful and also maybe the online users will go down. Now with the app is easy to set an alarm (the app itself has the option) and do a simple click to offer in the bus for example.

So I think that It's a no because we lose something to be better team and with less effort better teams will have better players; it's a great lose for maybe a little gain (sleep? pay attention in a job meeting? but I was already thinking my tactic of today's game in BB in that meeting hahaha!)

Obviously I recognize little benefits, like don't get up 3 AM but you'll have the half of the market waiting for you when the half of the world is sleeping; specially in one kind type player that you need for your team.

But, still a no for me.

This Post:
318174.106 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 6:46:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not sure if this is the comment box but, to me, it takes away the thrill of getting outbid for a player. I am a busy person but I turn on notifications for bidding just to put another bid. For me it is one exciting part of the game - less, if this will be implemented.
Maybe reducing the Bid time from days to just 1 day is better, but that is for me. As of now, I love how the game as is.
If there is something I want to add, maybe an offense option for Isolation and give the GMs choose who they want to use for Isolation.
Other than that, the game is solid for me.

This Post:
318174.107 in reply to 318174.106
Date: 2/15/2023 6:52:30 AM
Dodor Utd
A Grupa
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dodor Inc
Auto-bidding is a great feature. Have not read a single sensible argument against yet. As with every improvement, there is always resistence from people who like things "just the way they are". It's happening, just accept it.

This Post:
318174.108 in reply to 318174.107
Date: 2/15/2023 7:44:13 AM
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
Have you read this thread at all ?
Can you provide a sensible argument for implementing it instead of just saying "just accept it"?

This Post:
318174.109 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 7:44:44 AM
Drakula
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Voted Yes but I have some concerns on how is it going to be implemented. Meaning, I like the idea to introduce some new options and features but auction area is a very sensitive part and needs an extensive thinking about it.

Example:
- UserA sets autobid for a player on sale. Current price 100k, userA sets max of 700k.
- Autobid agent makes a bid of 100k and waits.
- UserB decides he/she wants to activate autobid and sets max 600k

What should happen then? Should those agents instantly make new bids one after another, until current offer exceeds 600k?
In that case, current price will be 600k+ in a matter of seconds/minutes.
What if those two users set some insane max amounts way bigger than player's real value? Again, current price will sky-rocket and nobody else is going to participate in the auction at all.

Based on just these two examples (and certainly there are more), it is obvious that poll/voting before knowing how the feature is going to be implemented, has no real sense.
And there are some opened questions on which limitations this feature is going to have. I'd personally like to know at least these

-- Is it going to be a deadline for autobid activation for player on sale?
I'd suggest yes, 4-6h prior to auction end
-- Is it going to be visible if there are autobids already set for a player on sale?
I'd suggest yes
-- When would the autobid agents start with their autobids and in which order/sequence?
-- Can a user deactivate autobid?
I'd suggest yes but only before the mentioned deadline (4-6h prior to auction end)
-- Will there be a commission for using autobid feature?
I'd suggest yes. Some amount deducted when setting autobid, additional amount deducted on a successful purchase.
-- Is there going to be a test area for this feature?
I'd suggest users should have a way to try it out and provide an opinion after trying it out
-- Is there be a limit to which players you can set the autobid feature on?
I'd suggest yes. For example user can choose in preferences a part of the day/night (in their teams' timezone) when the autobid feature can be set. Lets say 6h starting from a choosen time. e.g. 6h starting from 1am

Probably there are more concerns and questions that need more attention prior to starting working on this.
IMO of course

Last edited by spaciulis at 2/15/2023 7:49:22 AM

This Post:
318174.110 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 7:51:44 AM
LOS IMPLACABLES
LPBV
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tok Tok
I voted yes, but the proposal benefits good teams a lot, and as you can see this is subjective, a small team would probably disagree.
It would be more interesting to reduce the time of it

This Post:
318174.111 in reply to 318174.108
Date: 2/15/2023 8:13:04 AM
Akul Atina
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
MVV
Yes, you don't have to be an hour for a player/coach because not everyone can be at the game that long. It should look like this. Someone bids 200,000 on the player and you place the agent 500,000. Anyone else bids and stops at 400,000 because they don't want to continue and if time runs out, the one who placed the auto bid buys him for that 400,000. Up to 500,000 and so on. even 500,000 is protected by the auto bid, and if someone bids more, then of course the auto bid is no longer there, and now the one who bid on 506,000 is his bid

Advertisement