This Post:
264414.102 in reply to 264414.100
Date: 10/28/2014 9:14:48 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
1. new players aren't allowed to buy what they haven't trained. that the rule , I think you have heard of it.

I've heard of a rule that stops every team buying players with salaries they can't afford. Is that the one you mean?

2 I say fine beyond a 15 players roster because this would give the manager le- way to sell players and train players to get better. A team should not be a auction house or Qvc if you will. Its no point in having 50-100 player run through a team in a season and 90% of those players never played a game. Limit how many player can come through team to 20. they sell up 10 a season. Which is more than fair. anything beyond 15 players on roster. fine them.

Its more than fair and effective. what excuse do they have to selling 40-100 players in a season. 10 players should get it done.

I agree about it being wrong to trade 40-100 players. I just think if we have a limit you just stop people going beyond it, rather than fine them if they do. So if the limit is 15 (which was your choice) just don't let them make a 16th sale.

3. 8 player to start the team by default, the BB draft will bring 3 more which is 11. which give them the choice to buy 1 good player if they want to . It help minutes, training, more revenue. It not about winning to start it about training /building. remember.?? Its a marathon, not a mad dash.

What about teams who start just after the draft. Its three months till they get the extra three players. And my point about playing three games was about training and game shape rather than winning. I didn't even mention winning games. Completely agree about it being a marathon though.

4. you misunderstood. a financial advisor help a new manager learn the game the 1st season 9 such build arena and training. or If your in debt in stead of quit consult the financial advisor option and it will help make the right choices for your ball club . Thus no reason to quit.

Your still running your team ,its just finance help. No matter how good your are , your going to need help on BB.

I can understand the need for a lot of people needing financial help. I've no idea how you could ever program it, since none of us ever agree on the way teams should be run.

This Post:
264414.103 in reply to 264414.102
Date: 10/29/2014 2:56:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
4. its not hard to program beyond language barriers at all ,A lot of the fact are written in the forum nothing more than copy paste.

Investing in profitable players. Its not hard to find that information on the forums, they will have to get in depth with numbers like how much money does player 1 bring in and etc. this would be deep stuff at same time, it help team train and bring up players. because it managers game and stuff like that is needed to know..

Its not hard to copy and paste what already been said and numbers that already in the game. Make them understand finances, for example build arena rather than anything else to start. Once a manager learn his finances everything else will fall into place. Show him what he can make., in both cases.

It nothing more than the forums of good information, my mind set is you don't want the new managers coming to forum looking for help from mistakes. Your bring the forums help to them before they make any to start . You help them in their time of need. The forums is filled mis information and some things no information. In the same breath there's a lot good strong healthy information as well

Little notes in the personal mail box in a red color or green color. Hey look. FA. build arena 1st. It should make you 500K more profit this season f you do. Build to these numbers sets.

FA : hey again. the player your trying to buy is to expensive ,you lose money with him long term , also drown in debt. I have found 3 good younger player ( A, B. C) with good skill for you to bid on or buy.. Build them like this( sets and weeks of training) and you'll see more revenue.

I don't think that would be hard to program..

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 10/29/2014 2:59:15 PM

This Post:
264414.104 in reply to 264414.100
Date: 10/29/2014 3:35:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. new players aren't allowed to buy what they haven't trained. that the rule , I think you have heard of it.

Could you quote the specific rule from the game manual so we can discuss this on equal footing?

This Post:
264414.105 in reply to 264414.104
Date: 10/30/2014 4:19:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Player Acquisition Restrictions

The first restriction makes sure new teams cannot buy nor sell players during their first couple of days. Fresh managers sometimes make some rash decisions which can haunt them later on, when they get to know the game better and get a better feel for it's economy.

This Post:
264414.106 in reply to 264414.105
Date: 10/30/2014 5:35:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Player Acquisition Restrictions

The first restriction makes sure new teams cannot buy nor sell players during their first couple of days. Fresh managers sometimes make some rash decisions which can haunt them later on, when they get to know the game better and get a better feel for it's economy.

For the first couple of days. This is hardly any restriction of consequence and has nothing to do with training (which is what I thought you meant by: 1". new players aren't allowed to buy what they haven't trained. that the rule , I think you have heard of it.").

This Post:
264414.107 in reply to 264414.11
Date: 11/1/2014 6:36:36 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe a little bit out of this topic ... just wondering, in case that I want to fire a 19 years old MVP player, will he become retired directly or become a free agent for others to bid?

Even their salaries are cheap, but I would consider of firing the players if he becomes free agent for others to grab him. They are sitting on the bench, and receive zero training minutes so far.

This Post:
264414.110 in reply to 264414.106
Date: 11/2/2014 2:26:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A player cant buy a player from a higher top league , nor a good exp player to start. Don't focus on the 1st few words. focus on the whole statement. They haven't trained anything therefor they cannot buy a good player. only a player of certain caliber. thus you cannot buy players you haven't trained . The salary part of the players is just a cop out to enforce the rule in my opinion.

So yes you have heard of it..

This Post:
264414.111 in reply to 264414.110
Date: 11/2/2014 5:17:23 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
A player cant buy a player from a higher top league

Not true.

nor a good exp player to start.

Not true.

They haven't trained anything therefor they cannot buy a good player

Anyone in any division can buy good players for THAT division. D5 teams don't need D1 players. And training has nothing to do with it. Nothing. Nada. Zip. However you want to put it.

The salary part of the players is just a cop out to enforce the rule in my opinion.

Opinions aren't facts.

This Post:
264414.112 in reply to 264414.110
Date: 11/3/2014 9:23:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A player cant buy a player from a higher top league , nor a good exp player to start. Don't focus on the 1st few words. focus on the whole statement. They haven't trained anything therefor they cannot buy a good player. only a player of certain caliber. thus you cannot buy players you haven't trained . The salary part of the players is just a cop out to enforce the rule in my opinion.

So yes you have heard of it..

Just for curiosity, I looked at the world rank of a team that was created this weekend, and saw that they were approximately in the 25000s in world rank (and still wouldn't be able to purchase players because of the timeout). I then did a search on the TL and found that they'd be able, with that world rank, to buy players even as high as 60,000 in salary.

Now, to put that in perspective, I have a team in Utopia that's been pretty much spending money on arena expansions and training slowly, that's been in the playoffs both seasons and is currently undefeated (but probably again second to third best in my conference). My salaries for the entire team are only just over 55k. And remember that Utopia is more competitive than the typical bot V league in the USA by far.

So, I guess the point is, why does a new team need to be able to buy players with salaries more than 60k? I'm not sure I even had a 60k player before I got to II (I forget what one of my player's salary was before the JR salary adjustment, but I think he was 58k when I bought him).

To be perfectly clear, then, you can buy any player you want, with the following exceptions:
1. If you have a team in utopia in addition to your primary team, you can't buy a player who played for the other team.
2. If the player has a weekly salary higher than your world rank allows you to purchase (something more than 60k for brand new teams).
3. If you don't have the money to win the transfer auction.

Those are the conditions that will not let you bid on a player. There are of course the regular rules regarding the transfer list regarding overbids/cheating/etc that are still in effect, of course.

Advertisement