Suggestions > 4th Qrt Tactics

4th Qrt Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
124105.104 in reply to 124105.103
Date: 3/15/2010 1:42:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As usual you are not actually thinking your suggestions through. Let's say you have offence Look inside and Defence 3-2. Opponent plays Run and Gun and 1-3-1 defence. The opposing team is better than you. You have option of 0-10 run will call timeout and change tactics to run&gun + man2man. Now after that timeout your tactics are even worse. The game engine will make some small adjustments, that might be needed.
Let the game engine have something to do. We do not need to change tactics every time a starter is benched, you have 5 fouls in a quarter, there is 1 min left to play in a quarter, you just hit the FT, you have team manager wife in the stands.
Only thing we are missing is: having your starters play in WO situation for the +- push.

This Post:
124105.105 in reply to 124105.101
Date: 3/15/2010 1:51:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
such reactions makes it tough to react, why not staying with man to man and push the ball when you are undecided so that opponent have chanche to get you with the rigtht tactic instead of making surprises nearly impossible and just random.

This Post:
124105.106 in reply to 124105.105
Date: 4/6/2010 3:16:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/9918/reportmatch.aspx?r...)

Just take a look at last minute of this match and say if there's something uncommon to basketball there.

I write here my opinion: are you kidding me? No time out before last attack? Shot with 4 seconds left on the clock then score is tied? What sort of tactics is this programmed to game engine? This sucks big time!
With my fantasy I can imagine such situation in real life... this can't be true? Low experience in U21? I don't think so. If this is exactly how BBs wanted to see the game end logic then I'm really disappointed. This needs to be changed and wish this will never happen again.

This Post:
124105.107 in reply to 124105.77
Date: 4/7/2010 9:46:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've enjoyed reading this thread and debate... I'd like to ask you how you see the hot/cold streaks in this game...

Even when you have 2 evenly matched teams, when 1 goes hot they can go easily on a 15-0 or 20-2 streak..... it is for this reason I wouldnt add more mid-game tactical options + the added complexity for new comers.

I still maintain opening up the training regimes so that teams can create more varied players will lead to more challenging tactical selections (pre-match.)

This Post:
124105.108 in reply to 124105.107
Date: 4/11/2010 6:44:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've enjoyed reading this thread and debate... I'd like to ask you how you see the hot/cold streaks in this game...

Even when you have 2 evenly matched teams, when 1 goes hot they can go easily on a 15-0 or 20-2 streak..... it is for this reason I wouldnt add more mid-game tactical options + the added complexity for new comers.

I still maintain opening up the training regimes so that teams can create more varied players will lead to more challenging tactical selections (pre-match.)

Yes, you're right, I agree that 15-0 runs happen, but wouldn't it be nice if you could decide before the game, that in case of a cold streak the coach should take a time out and change tactics...And then again, as in real life basketball, it can be the right adjustment, or even make things worse. I would like to feel this thrill to have asked for the adjustments done, instead of letting the game engine just do it.

It would of ocurse make this game more complicated, but you're not forced to use this option: It can be an "advanced" setting. You should be able to choose,if you want the game engine to decide itself what to do, or to take more responsibility in the outcome of the game by deciding what should be done in which situation (before the game).

Your suggestion to create more varied players is already quite well implemented I think. you can train your players how you want, it just takes a long time until you have the player exactly how you want him to be.