New daytrading rules (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.105 in reply to 264414.104
Date: 10/30/2014 4:19:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Player Acquisition Restrictions

The first restriction makes sure new teams cannot buy nor sell players during their first couple of days. Fresh managers sometimes make some rash decisions which can haunt them later on, when they get to know the game better and get a better feel for it's economy.

This Post:
264414.106 in reply to 264414.105
Date: 10/30/2014 5:35:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Player Acquisition Restrictions

The first restriction makes sure new teams cannot buy nor sell players during their first couple of days. Fresh managers sometimes make some rash decisions which can haunt them later on, when they get to know the game better and get a better feel for it's economy.

For the first couple of days. This is hardly any restriction of consequence and has nothing to do with training (which is what I thought you meant by: 1". new players aren't allowed to buy what they haven't trained. that the rule , I think you have heard of it.").

This Post:
264414.107 in reply to 264414.11
Date: 11/1/2014 6:36:36 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe a little bit out of this topic ... just wondering, in case that I want to fire a 19 years old MVP player, will he become retired directly or become a free agent for others to bid?

Even their salaries are cheap, but I would consider of firing the players if he becomes free agent for others to grab him. They are sitting on the bench, and receive zero training minutes so far.

This Post:
264414.110 in reply to 264414.106
Date: 11/2/2014 2:26:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A player cant buy a player from a higher top league , nor a good exp player to start. Don't focus on the 1st few words. focus on the whole statement. They haven't trained anything therefor they cannot buy a good player. only a player of certain caliber. thus you cannot buy players you haven't trained . The salary part of the players is just a cop out to enforce the rule in my opinion.

So yes you have heard of it..

This Post:
264414.111 in reply to 264414.110
Date: 11/2/2014 5:17:23 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
A player cant buy a player from a higher top league

Not true.

nor a good exp player to start.

Not true.

They haven't trained anything therefor they cannot buy a good player

Anyone in any division can buy good players for THAT division. D5 teams don't need D1 players. And training has nothing to do with it. Nothing. Nada. Zip. However you want to put it.

The salary part of the players is just a cop out to enforce the rule in my opinion.

Opinions aren't facts.

This Post:
264414.112 in reply to 264414.110
Date: 11/3/2014 9:23:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A player cant buy a player from a higher top league , nor a good exp player to start. Don't focus on the 1st few words. focus on the whole statement. They haven't trained anything therefor they cannot buy a good player. only a player of certain caliber. thus you cannot buy players you haven't trained . The salary part of the players is just a cop out to enforce the rule in my opinion.

So yes you have heard of it..

Just for curiosity, I looked at the world rank of a team that was created this weekend, and saw that they were approximately in the 25000s in world rank (and still wouldn't be able to purchase players because of the timeout). I then did a search on the TL and found that they'd be able, with that world rank, to buy players even as high as 60,000 in salary.

Now, to put that in perspective, I have a team in Utopia that's been pretty much spending money on arena expansions and training slowly, that's been in the playoffs both seasons and is currently undefeated (but probably again second to third best in my conference). My salaries for the entire team are only just over 55k. And remember that Utopia is more competitive than the typical bot V league in the USA by far.

So, I guess the point is, why does a new team need to be able to buy players with salaries more than 60k? I'm not sure I even had a 60k player before I got to II (I forget what one of my player's salary was before the JR salary adjustment, but I think he was 58k when I bought him).

To be perfectly clear, then, you can buy any player you want, with the following exceptions:
1. If you have a team in utopia in addition to your primary team, you can't buy a player who played for the other team.
2. If the player has a weekly salary higher than your world rank allows you to purchase (something more than 60k for brand new teams).
3. If you don't have the money to win the transfer auction.

Those are the conditions that will not let you bid on a player. There are of course the regular rules regarding the transfer list regarding overbids/cheating/etc that are still in effect, of course.

This Post:
264414.113 in reply to 264414.112
Date: 11/3/2014 6:34:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
60k a week not what you pay for him in the end its a bidding system to it. So you spend more money than 60k A week per player to attain them in the market.

you cant buy anything you want anymore, that is false. If that is case then why the restrictions. You saying the restriction is amyth. It is not. exempt tax is not myth. new player wont beable to buy nbba player. its fact they cant get those player price be dammed.

This Post:
264414.115 in reply to 264414.113
Date: 11/3/2014 11:20:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
60k a week not what you pay for him in the end its a bidding system to it. So you spend more money than 60k A week per player to attain them in the market.

you cant buy anything you want anymore, that is false. If that is case then why the restrictions. You saying the restriction is amyth. It is not. exempt tax is not myth. new player wont beable to buy nbba player. its fact they cant get those player price be dammed.

New players should not be able to buy NBBA salaried players because they don't have the economic infrastructure to afford their salaries. I know you're a big supporter of the apparently silent masses of new players yearning for the ability to bankrupt their teams before they've even had their first draft, but believe it or not BB did let people bid on anyone before and people actually did have their teams destroyed and it shockingly was not a good experience for those users.

Advertisement