NBA FINALS!

Set priority
Show messages by
Message deleted
This Post:
279850.107 in reply to 279850.105
Date: 6/21/2016 9:47:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want to end the conversation, quick counter-arguing.

You are just looking to fault Curry any way you can as a way to try to elevate yourself. He played great team ball and had a bunch of great passes. You just want to nit-pick where he tried to make his own shot or where he missed a pass to try to claim he is some kind of ball-hog. Or that he can't play D or doesn't play D or something silly like that.

I am a P-town fan and a Lilliard fan..but as much as I like the guy my personal opinion of why Curry sits ahead of him (and Irving) is that he plays better defense- specifically rebounding well too. I think Irving and Lilliard are an afterthought behind Curry, Rose and Westbrook, even Chris Paul because of their defense.

I'm not changing the subject here either. You are trying to say Curry is bad defender, now changing the subject towards claiming he is a bad team player...I counter that argument with obvious facts about the guy.

On team USA you will see Westbrook play as a primary scorer out of the guard position but Curry will not. I don't think he is as elite a scorer or one-on-one player as the other team USA guards. I'd have to look at the games again but I wouldn't be surprised if they use Thompson more than Curry on offense in team USA sets. I think Klay has the better shot, and posts up better obviously.

Curry is a great team player, a great passer, a great ball handler and a great defender. Kerr is a basketball-guru of the new era. He understands basketball on every level well beyond any forum hack out to disparage people for the sake of their own amusement.

I do think the 1on1 situations with Curry may have been too much but I don't know the following- IF Kerr was calling something else but A. Curry/team went his own way or B. CLeveland read what they were trying to set up and crushed it. Or if it's what Kerr called because given personnel it was the best option available. The same thing happened with Iverson when he went to the finals. Him in Isolation was their best offense.

Lots of peopel hate on Lebron too because of many cases he has to play isolation or 1on1 for his teams over the years.

IMO the NBA is a game of chess played very well by the coaches and players and the top teams often end up going to 1on1/star players for plays that look broken/selfish because the defense read and crushed what they were trying to set up and/or because the way they matched up they didn't have the movement and skills across all 5 players to make it happened- so they kept the ball in the hands of 1-3 guys that had the best chance to get it done...

Wow... your ego is so fragile you 100% need to have the last word. Fine. Write another E-book to this for your last word.
Really, fault Curry to elevate myself? Lol. I fail to see how anything I do relating to curry on a forum, on a message board, would ever elevate myself. All i have managed to do here is lower myself to your level.
as to bolded section. I'd be happy to Nit-pick Klay Thompson, draymond Green, Barnes, Jr Smith, etc. and every single player of the 30 players between the 2 teams, as well as both head coaches, and assistant coaches. YOU are the one who is focusing entirely on Curry. Also, 3 assists to 8 turnovers in game 6 and 7 combined. Do not = "a bunch of great passes"
they equal 3 assists... 8 turnovers... and then whatever passes of his were then in turned passed again to Green to shoot his wide open - un guarded 3s.
Argue all you want. nothing you say will prove that Curry played a good playoffs compared to the regular season.

I'd quote your whole nonsense... but you used up the character limit.

This Post:
279850.109 in reply to 279850.108
Date: 6/21/2016 9:54:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
- Bumping (i.e. replying needlessly to a thread in order to promote yourself or the thread content).

- Racist or personal attacks; attacks on a specific nation or religion.

- Useless or irritating posts. This includes single syllable answers, trolling(*) and spamming.

Any other violation of the forums you'd like to Harass me by?

This Post:
279850.111 in reply to 279850.108
Date: 6/21/2016 9:58:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just prefer to draw a line and make sure we are not kidding ourselves to think these players are any less than amazing in basically all aspects of the game.

Tristan Thompson: amazing FT shooter
Steph Curry: Amazing shot blocker
JR: Smith amazing defender
Ezeli: amazing scorer
That's what you are implying.

This Post:
279850.114 in reply to 279850.112
Date: 6/21/2016 10:09:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Now Ezeli would score about 90 points a game in Japan's pro league, but in the NBA....he is no scorer that is for sure!!

Then he should play in Japan
Curry has had some highlight blocks in his career.

So has Fat Kid A in middle-brook elementary... So have you. That does not make him Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutumbo, or Ben Wallace

JR Smith played good defense that game. He really did and has done so throughout his career, as has James Harden. Neither of those guys do it every game or play though, that is for sure!!! I think JR Smith would make the all defensive team in Japan's pro league with one hand tied behind his back the entire season.

Maybe him and Ezeli can be on the same team.

If I knew how to teach 7 footers to shoot FTs...I'd be working in the NBA. FT shooting has been an issue for bigs since Wilt. Its not a one lazy guy phenomenon....again if I knew WHY all this bigs struggle with it so much and had a solution...I'd be working for the NBA.
You teach them the same way you teach anyone. take the ball, put it in the hoop. FT distance doesn't change wheter you're 3'6 or 8'1. You're the same distance away from the hoop. shooting at the same height you shoot every other shot you shoot from. You don't grow taller, or shrink.

Also, not all bigs do struggle. Love has been quite good in his career. Nowitski wasn't bad. Peja Stojakovic, etc.

MY point for the people going to Japan sir. Is they don't play in the Japan league. They play in the NBA. Your comment there is as idiotic as me saying Nate Robinson would be the leading shot blocker in the WNBA. He doesn't play there, he won't play there, so the point is moot.

You may as well say JR Smith will retire from NBA, go to college, and then play college bball there. Pure fantasy. Pure stupid.

This Post:
279850.115 in reply to 279850.113
Date: 6/21/2016 10:17:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
sorry to double reply, but just trying to find the middle ground here.

My point is these guys abilities are relative, and maybe I misread you and that is also what you are saying, you mean in NBA context. I am just trying to say that these guys are not just trying to score or pass etc., they are trying to do it in the NBA finals, the bar is higher. If Lebron goes 1-10 in a finals game people will say he is a choker. Or if he has back spasms he is a wuss. It's just not fair. I just want people to see the context of these things and disagree.

A lot of people now come out and say also that the NBA is a joke, or GS is a joke or a fluke or a trick or not real basketball, or not team basketball, or they don't play defense, or they travel all the time etc. etc. etc.

I think you said some of those things.

These blanket statements i disagree with on principle and I like to have the opportunity to explain to people why and what they might be missing about why the NBA is real, and why the defense, team play and skills are very very real and without question not only the best in the world but the best that have ever existed to this point in history.

Fair enough I'll elaborate.

For me personally. The NBA became a joke, when HOF players Perennial All-stars, and potential legends, all started trying to create "superteams" Like Garnett, Pierce, Allen. James, Wade, Bosh. Carmello, Amare, whoever guy 3 was. Etc. etc. etc.

The NBA became a joke to me, when the best players in the league joined together to win rings. Rather than played against each other for rings.

It used to be a player only did that at the very end of their careers. Now, they do it for the duration of their careers. That makes the NBA a joke to me.

This to me puts an asterisk next to everyone who wins a ring like that. You don't think Jordan would be 6-6 in Finals, if say... Reggie Miller decided he'd take a pay cut, and Malone would take a pay cut, and Stockton would take a pay cut, and they'd form a super team.

or if Barkley took a pay cut, and Ewing took a pay cut, and Payton took a pay cut, and they played together.

etc.

THAT is when the NBA became a joke to me. Because I no longer see the NBA as 82 games + playoffs of a competition of skill in every game. I see it as: chisel these teams in stones for playoffs, period, no matter what, chisel these teams in stone for sucking, and we'll actually see basketball in the playoffs. 82 game season is just to fill owners' pockets with money. And to leech money out of fans.

The Cavaliers really played... 7 games this season. 13 if you include the Raptors series. Obviously they played more... but there was only "doubt" for those 7-13 games.

Last edited by RamenQueen at 6/21/2016 10:21:21 AM

Advertisement