Suggestions > Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
67212.107 in reply to 67212.105
Date: 1/7/2009 12:34:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

This topic is moving in the direction that every spot has to have 1 spot training in every skill available in this game. <- if SF get's single spot training and whiners win then it will eventually come to the previously explained outcome (read before the arrow).

I understand,but i dont'agree with you
If a player could make a pop in Id in three wekks and in OD in another three weeks,with the new training he make 2 pops,one in Id and one in Od in six weeks,rand there are not so great advantages also because i could train only two players,so this training regime it's only a way to make possible(not to make this as THE PERFECT CHOISE)to play for a SF in his role,rather in a long run it is a disadvantage because with this system however i had to have good trainees in both departments,so my team will growing faster
And you continue to say that with 3 spot training is possible to train a player...
This it's not right and not good...

This Post:
67212.108 in reply to 67212.105
Date: 1/7/2009 1:26:42 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
as a former SF trainer i think the problem is NOT playing the SF as SG/PF. they have the skills to be ok in the role
the real problem is you also have to play your SG/PF as SF

as now i stopped training SF because i got promoted from IV to III
i shifted to a PF/C training regime because in III putting my players out of role would mean automatically relegation

This Post:
67212.109 in reply to 67212.73
Date: 1/7/2009 1:53:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And just about what percentage of time did Pippen or Lebron spend at center to work on their inside defense skills? Little to none, really? Huh, must have had a high level trainer to 3 position train them up so fast.

Because in reality big man coach or other specailist would take them aside in practice to show them things and let them learn it properly in practices. Unlike in BB in reality you don't need to play it out much in games to improve. In reality you either have it or not ypu can't tech some things. In BB you have a choice to train player in anything you want and he will improve (sooner or later if not really old), you can't do that in reality right? You can make point forward like Diaw is from anybody in this game - it is just not rentable in some cases. You can't teach that feel for the game to anybody in reality.

There are no real practices in the game so you have to simulate it by giving a playing time at realted positions. Otherwise you would have to add hidden attributes to players or let anybody learn everything at the same rated with ease. Current system is maybe strange but it is challenging and works.

This Post:
67212.110 in reply to 67212.97
Date: 1/7/2009 2:07:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Buzzerbeater needs to have cheerleaders that affect the morale of the team at home games and for the squads that cost more (of course we'll be bidding on them) they will sometimes even travel with the team for help with enthusiasm on the road.

It is already implemetned - check PR manager specialities. Who do you think hires all that good-looking girls? It is called Crowd Involvement.

This Post:
67212.111 in reply to 67212.106
Date: 1/7/2009 2:15:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just think look at it this way - if you want to improve a player in some skill neeeded in game for example teach Gerald Wallace to shoot treys better or Adam Morrison to rebound, you would focus on that in practices. It could result in slight damge in other things as the player is trying to do it right and can be confused a bit in the beginning. In BB where we can't adjust line up to mismatch etc. this damage is represented by a need of playing the player on a different position - let say in reality the player plays at the same spot but he is concentrating on differetn things in a game - those who is learning, those in which is trained.

And teams where a lot of learning occurs tend to play worse at first - check Larry Brown's teams in their very first months.

This Post:
67212.112 in reply to 67212.111
Date: 1/7/2009 2:28:27 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Larry Brown isn't trying to teach a PG how to rebound like a C. He's trying to teach a PG to play like how he wants his PG to play, not to play out of position.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
67212.113 in reply to 67212.112
Date: 1/7/2009 2:35:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He is trying to teach all players how to play efficiently in the system. PG is just very important part of it. But that discussion would be off topic. Trust me, I'm va Bobcats' fan.

Message deleted

To: Coco
This Post:
67212.115 in reply to 67212.106
Date: 1/7/2009 3:04:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, +1, as they say. I'm more of a forwards trainer than a pure SF trainer but that suggestion of yours is one I can see the benefit of and agree with.

Mind you, I'd also like to see two-position OD pressure training for wingmen* and have one-position** passing training for any position.

*If I can train OS or wingmen, why the flip not OD?

**Why on earth not, you seriously telling me learning how to pass is position-dependent???

To: Coco
This Post:
67212.116 in reply to 67212.106
Date: 1/7/2009 3:43:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Contrary to some people say, it is upsetting for a current SF trainers to see the training become easier. Brianjames said that current SF trainers will have better players to start with, so they don't stand to lose from the proposed change: well, not if those players are 23 and maxed out (think Ismael Grubbs here).

The game can't progress (or, some would prefer change) cause it might poorly effect some players. Fair enough. I don't think it makes BB any better for the future, but that's just me.

Based on that, I think it's ironic that some of those taking this opinion are telling others to adapt.

Last edited by brian at 1/7/2009 3:45:47 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
67212.117 in reply to 67212.116
Date: 1/7/2009 3:46:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmmm, but you are suggesting penalising the players that looked at the situation and thought long-term and are only now due to be rewarded.

Advertisement