BB Global (English) > "Player Salaries Floor"

"Player Salaries Floor"

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
181078.109 in reply to 181078.99
Date: 4/21/2011 7:16:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem is, it's a bad strategy that made the game less fun for other teams in the league, and that's the point at which it becomes a problem.

im curious..what if i some managers have fun with rebuilding their team because competition aint a factor anymore since div I and cup is dominated by one single team..and no one will ever be able to beat this team? (41768)

(and dont get me wrong..im not jealous of teams like that..i have fun the way im playing this game)

This Post:
181078.111 in reply to 181078.110
Date: 4/22/2011 4:33:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even though I like this new PSF and it sounds reasonable, I think it is not adequate. It is a good start. I hope that limit (procentage) will not be raised. Raising the procentage would harm some teams, who don't deserve it. If you build your team effectivily you should not be "punished". Current level seems quite right.

Next step should be reducing arena incomes for teams who are not even trying to win. How anyone can get over 500k from ticket sales if team has lost last five games in a row by over 40 points. If you have promoted you will get huge income from arena for the whole season regardless of your success. I think I know this ;)

Also, how merchandise can be same than player salaries? It should also have some kind of more tight connection to player ratings or so (not necessarily to players salary).

This Post:
181078.112 in reply to 181078.108
Date: 4/22/2011 1:41:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Stajan would have to stretch himself thin in order to get the #6, and there's no guarantee of that happening. If he relegates, attendance will take a hit and he'll lose a ton of money long-term. Maybe this is the issue we should be talking about.

If an overmatched Championship side promotes into the EPL and fights hard but relegates, its fans will still show up the next season. So even if that team is unsuccessful, they'll only benefit financially from promoting for a season, as long as they attempt to win their EPL matches.

I guess I don't see how that's possible for a team spending a season in Naismith. Maybe fans should be more sympathetic when an upstart team pokes its head into the top level, even if it's nowhere near ready to stay there.

Last edited by RiseandFire at 4/22/2011 1:41:50 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
181078.114 in reply to 181078.99
Date: 4/22/2011 6:45:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

In any event, tanking in the past has been a poor strategy -- when we studied it, we found that on average it was harmful, because the rate at which teams immediately repromote was simply too low (it typically needs to be around 80% under the old numbers to be break-even, all things included, and it's just not that high).

This is infuriating.

Last edited by Stajan at 4/22/2011 6:46:09 PM

This Post:
181078.115 in reply to 181078.99
Date: 4/23/2011 3:41:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd still like to know, how does the upstart team with no chance to stick in their new league not lose fan support the following season?

Instead of preventing tanking, you should have rewarded competing. Stajan is a good example of this, but there are dozens, probably hundreds every season - the well-managed team that wins its weak league and promotes into a strong league, where their arena is too small and the players too weak, and inevitably gets relegated despite competing every game against far stronger and more established competition.

In real life promotion/relegation scenarios, fans understand the reality of these situations and stand with their team. In BB, fans deem the season a failure and doom the team to financial ruin. This is what made tanking financially feasible, of course - if you're going to take the hit, you might as well take as much money as you can with you.

I feel like this idea (preventing tankers for the good of the league) is halfway developed, and should not have been implemented until the other half (rewarding competitors and giving them a road to profitability) was complete.

This Post:
181078.116 in reply to 181078.115
Date: 4/23/2011 3:50:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this i completely agree with.

This Post:
181078.117 in reply to 181078.115
Date: 4/23/2011 6:20:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this i completely agree with.

This Post:
181078.118 in reply to 181078.115
Date: 4/23/2011 7:37:06 AM
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Stajan's rise to naismith was very quick (as someone who started at roughly the same time as him, and faced him in div2), and he may not have done some of the things he ought to have (like building a large enough arena). I think this speaks more to the fact that this change was introduced without advance notice, because it does change the strategy Stajan may have pursued. Based on the previous rules, it made sense for him to go all in to promote to be able to get some quick cash and a high draft pick and worry about the arena later, now, teams may have to promote when they are ready to compete in the higher level and have the expectation to stay up there.
That said, even with the floor, Stajan will be able to make way more money than he would in div2 if he feels he's not ready and fields a team close to the salary floor, and will also get a high draft pick... so he will still benefit from being in Naismith even considering the lower fan survey he will have if he returns to div2 next season.

Advertisement