Suggestions > Auto Bid

Auto Bid

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129635.11 in reply to 129635.10
Date: 3/19/2010 1:24:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This doesn't advantage supporters (if it was a supporter only feature) any more than any other supporter feature. I think it should be supporter only feature. It would make a lot more people want to be a supporter, and that is a great thing.

This Post:
129635.12 in reply to 129635.11
Date: 3/19/2010 1:26:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
for me it is a big advantage, and also very frustrating to bid against it(which also is a reason why it should be for all or no one)

This Post:
129635.13 in reply to 129635.12
Date: 3/19/2010 1:28:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why is it a big advantage? Because non-supporters would need to be online to bid? If they were that unhappy, pay 1 dollar a week and get the feature. Why is it frustrating to bid against? I said every 2 minutes, because then you wouldn't know who you were bidding against. It doesn't have to be 2 minutes exactly, make it a random time between straight away and 2 minutes.

This Post:
129635.14 in reply to 129635.13
Date: 3/19/2010 2:29:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whats up Naker? I have really liked a few of your suggestions but am not a fan of this one.

My opinion is that an 'auto bid' will do a few things that negativly impact the transfer market. First thing I could see happening is that prices would continue to be driven up. Lets say there was a player that had an estimated value of 100K. Managers would set there auto bid to bid up to 115-125K, but over time they would find that others are continuing to set the auto level a few thousand dollars higher. Thus eventually people would realize that the only way to make the auto bid work is to set your limit higher than anyone else is willing to pay...sound simple but it takes the stratagy out of the transfer market. The transfer market is a competition between the people onliine at the given time, but opening this up to the entire community would be a disaster. Imagine a player the quality of Wendon on the TL for 1 million dollars, imagine how many people would have there auto bids set on him. Maybe 10,000 users after one player, that seems like a situation that will help the rich and cripple the weaker teams.

My second issue would be exactly that...stratagy. I personally really enjoy the live bidding and would be disappointed to see it changed. Having the ability to try and out last or out pay an opponent on the TL is part of what makes BB enjoyable. There are plenty of different bidding stratagies that would be immediatly thrown out, and lessen the managerial skills required to be a top team. As much as it can be frusterating to miss out on quality players due to end times I am not interested in setting my 'auto bid' to do my dirty work.

My best suggestion for players that have there bids end when you are not available is to, set your original bid at what you can afford or want to pay. If someone out bids you, nothing is lost. Essentially the value you enter into the auto bid should just be what you bid of the top.

One more quick question, how would a tie be determined. Lets say that 10 people have there top bid set at 1 million. Who gets the player???

Last edited by Mod-beanerz at 3/19/2010 2:33:27 PM

This Post:
129635.15 in reply to 129635.14
Date: 3/19/2010 2:37:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey man,
Sorry you didn't like the suggestion! :P You said that "the only way to make auto bid work is to set your limit higher than anyone else is willing to pay". How is that different to not having auto bid, the only way you can get a player is by paying more than anyone else is willing to pay.

I agree that it would remove some strategy, but in another sense it wouldn't because people would pay the maximum amount they are willing for a player. If I think a player is worth 1 mil, and you think he is worth 900k, then why does it matter if there is an auto bid or not? At the end of the day, I'm going to pay up to 1 mil for it, and you are going to stop at 900k.

The reason I suggested it, was because there are a lot of players (such as players in Australia, where the timezone is different) that aren't able to be awake for the times when there are a lot of good players available (the time when the site is busiest), and so I thought this would allow these users to use the auto bid feature. I understand that they could just go out there and bid the most they are willing to pay, but if you are happy with them going out and bidding the maximum they want, why not allow them to use this auto bid feature?

I'm not sure how a tie would be determined. Perhaps it would simply be a matter of whichever server bids first. What would happen in the game (without the auto bid) if 10 people wanted to bid 1 million? The answer is that whoever manages to bid first (get through the server first) will be the bid that counts. And if, no one is willing to pay more than that then so be it.

This Post:
129635.17 in reply to 129635.13
Date: 3/19/2010 2:43:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Because non-supporters would need to be online to bid?

wxactly, because thats like the live games. You could trade easily in giving some bids on players in advance, and if you know your opponent is not online won't forget a bid etc. this would frustrate me also if i bid manually especially if it bid with tiem strategies.

This Post:
129635.18 in reply to 129635.17
Date: 3/19/2010 2:45:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ah okay, well then make it for everyone :P Would that make it a more appealing suggestion? :P

Having it just for supporters would make a lot more people become supporter( I think) so it would be better for the game in the long run.

This Post:
129635.19 in reply to 129635.15
Date: 3/19/2010 2:46:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You said that "the only way to make auto bid work is to set your limit higher than anyone else is willing to pay". How is that different to not having auto bid, the only way you can get a player is by paying more than anyone else is willing to pay.

The big difference is that auto bid will allow the entire community to bid on players. As I mentioned can you imagine 10,000+ users trying tho purchase the same player. The way the current system is it allows bidders to compete against only the online users, therefor leveling the playing field.

As a relatively new player I see the value in being able to shop for deals. With an auto bid those deals become almost non exsistent. Players will go thru and search for HOF players that are 18-19 and set there auto bid, making it impossible for newish players to steal one of these players in a late night auction. A TL deal is something that has substantial value imo and should not be taken away.

Last edited by Mod-beanerz at 3/19/2010 2:47:56 PM

This Post:
129635.20 in reply to 129635.18
Date: 3/19/2010 2:46:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Having it just for supporters would make a lot more people become supporter( I think) so it would be better for the game in the long run.

and lot of non supporters leave, real advantages for money are normally a killr for online games

This Post:
129635.21 in reply to 129635.19
Date: 3/19/2010 2:53:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why is allowing the entire community to bid on players a bad thing? Do you mean that it stops people with more money just buying any player they want because they have more money? If so, it doesn't really, it just makes it harder because it means they have to stay awake to do it.

I understand shopping for deals. But an auto bid doesn't stop that. Players that use autobid on a player, could just as easily bid the value they set in autobid on that player, in which case it makes no difference.

Advertisement