BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
148738.11 in reply to 148738.10
Date: 7/1/2010 11:32:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was planning not to involve in the NT election for my own reasons but since Ekleptismenos mentioned an important topic here is my understanding on it. Trying to grow the community has shown not to be an easy task. Trying to grow our NT players and involve all the managers to train their drafts has also not been an easy task either. Our past NT coach, Steve, asked for 3 scouts to keep an eye on future draft upcoming players. How many people answered this cause? Only two. I hear everyone saying that the major cause is to grow the community and teach people to train their players. I only know two managers that kept sending email after email to other managers asking about the skill development of their players. Who are these two people? One is Ekleptismenos our U21 NT coach. Furthermore there is no such thing as people do not want to learn. If you give people the correct arguments and convince them to understand why your ideas are correct based on facts then nearly everyone will listen and follow. If we really wish to teach other managers we need to ask for their development week after week and not give them a good idea or guidence every now and then when we feel like it.
The problem about our community is that only the managers of CBBA are active and only a hand full of the other divisions.
We talk about 56 active teams but in reality the daily active ones are only about 20 to 25.
As to what the priorities of Cyprus future NT coach should be I rather not get involved in such a topic. I will let the canditades do that.

This Post:
148738.12 in reply to 148738.11
Date: 7/1/2010 1:25:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Who said that i didnt do it on the past? You know you cant teach someone who doesnt want to learn. If you want to learn, the 1st thing that you do is to ask. We tried through the chat, and it worked for some time, but now people left again. Anyway if i get elected, i am open to ideas, and any help is well come.

The NT's are not matter of one person only. On larger communities like Greece for example they are 6-7 persons involved for each NT. So if someone is willing to help, please do that.