Suggestions > Some chemistry please!

Some chemistry please!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
154256.11 in reply to 154256.10
Date: 8/16/2010 2:48:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perhaps it could be based on the results of the games. If these players together win or lose some tight games, their cooperation level can be increased. If they lose badly, is natural that they will fight with each other who did most mistakes. Easy winning strikes also can decrease that level, because they get lazy and lack the motivation.

So after several games you could see on players profile which player he prefer most and which he actually unlike. So at the beginning of the season these things could be reseted and after a while, some results, they can start to show things like that. Point is that you will not see everything, just most pronounced relationships.

Last edited by aigidios at 8/16/2010 2:49:37 PM

This Post:
154256.13 in reply to 154256.12
Date: 8/16/2010 3:31:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think that this is necessary. I like hidden character, so your player faul more. Current character aspects of the game create better dilema for you, because you have to find out what it is about first, if you can do that. But something like that in team chemistry would mean that there would be another aspect which eliminates value of the player (besides potential) and I think that we dont need another aspect like this.

This Post:
154256.15 in reply to 154256.14
Date: 8/16/2010 4:42:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Comon people, please read the old suggestions. There has been a suggestion about different characters (even colors that would match etc.). With the characters you also create another thing that influences transfer price. Thus creating another "hidden" attribute that you might be unlucky with while drafting a player.
I'm glad BB-s have not gone into inserting something just for the sake of having it. Chemistry would seriously revamp the game and this is not certainly needed atm. Unless someone is able to suggest something that has not been suggested in the various chemistry suggestion threads, I think this thread will just die out.

This Post:
154256.16 in reply to 154256.10
Date: 8/16/2010 5:42:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're right, I was thinking about it in rather simplistic terms. There is no guarantee that chemistry will be built in keeping a poor group together, but on the other hand, if you are constantly buying and selling players you are not giving chemistry a chance at all. So, keeping players together would be a necessary if not sufficient condition.

Your point about inactivity also makes sense, that is certainly not ideal for an online game. Any chemistry factor would have to be rather complicated then. Personally though I just like the idea of my players 'growing as a team'. To me basketball is a game that feeds off of emotion a lot more than a sport like football. And strange things happen as a result. The Suns last season, for example. Or the Lakers' game 7 win over the Celtics. Intangible and irrational factors seem to play a significant role in the game, and I would love it if those factors were somehow brought into play. But implementing it and getting the balance right would obviously be tremendously difficult.

I like what some others have suggested about incorporating player personalities though - again, it might be tough to implement, but it would certainly add a lot to the game. Who knows, it might just be something we'd all enjoy if players appeared more humanized rather than a collection of bits.