BB Global (English) > Player Position

Player Position

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
27367.11 in reply to 27367.10
Date: 5/5/2008 9:27:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why? It's not that important, but Center with better Handling will have less turnovers...

And Shot Blocking for guards is extremely helpful, at least from my experience...

This Post:
27367.13 in reply to 27367.12
Date: 5/5/2008 10:05:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sometimes, in the close games, every ball matters :) Then you would like your centers to have a good Handling...

This Post:
27367.14 in reply to 27367.12
Date: 5/7/2008 1:48:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why? It's not that important, but Center with better Handling will have less turnovers...

that could be, but you won't find a center's handling skill reflected in the player rating in the boxscore. ok, I know, you don't have to care about that, but the transfer market will care.

My impression is that player rating is contingent of the number of successes and failures in the different actions that he takes in a game. At least that's how I explain why players generally get lower ratings in TIE games than they get in normal or CT ones. So yes, from this point of view it is always better to have better skills.

As far as handling for centers is concerned, I think there are so few handling checks that having atrocious handling will barely affect the ratings. This is probably due to the fact that since the C is camping under the basket, he barely needs to move to get a good inside shot: it's something along the lines of get the ball and shoot it up. But that's of course just my experience. FWIW, my C with atrocious handling and passing has less than 1 TO per game, despite being a starter for most of the season.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
27367.15 in reply to 27367.14
Date: 5/7/2008 3:58:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My impression is that player rating is contingent of the number of successes and failures in the different actions that he takes in a game. At least that's how I explain why players generally get lower ratings in TIE games than they get in normal or CT ones. So yes, from this point of view it is always better to have better skills.

My theory is that a big part of the personal ratings are the defense. If you TIE, which influences your defense in a negative way, the rating will go down. If you play with higher enthusiasm, or CT, the personal rating will be higher because the defense is influenced in a positive way.

But I do agree that it's alway better to have better skills of course hehe.

This Post:
27367.16 in reply to 27367.15
Date: 5/7/2008 4:17:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

My theory is that a big part of the personal ratings are the defense. If you TIE, which influences your defense in a negative way, the rating will go down. If you play with higher enthusiasm, or CT, the personal rating will be higher because the defense is influenced in a positive way.

But I do agree that it's alway better to have better skills of course hehe.

This story also works in a way, I guess.

But consider this: my C routinely gets 11-12 ratings, TIE vs Normal. I TIE in the playoffs vs someone who CTs, rating is suddenly down to 8.5. Hmmm...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."