BB Global (English) > Play this game a lot of different ways

Play this game a lot of different ways

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278000.11 in reply to 278000.9
Date: 3/19/2016 9:14:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Still don't get how you think training is king?? Have a look at any d2 team upwards in BB and I bet you no more than 2 of their starting five are homegrown players...

The rest will have been bought either fully trained or nearly fully trained. So how is training king?

This Post:
278000.13 in reply to 278000.12
Date: 3/19/2016 12:31:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you, Sentinel.

Hrudey, get with the thread or zip it, eh? If we went so far off topic our posts would be deleted, so try to set a good example, eh? Is that what GM's or LA's are supposed to do, set a good example? Now how about knocking that chip off your shoulder and contributing a constructive suggestion for an improvement to BB.

the BB economy / transfer prices are this way because the BB staff is intentionally doing that, as part of a plan to make it so that the only way to do anything in this game is to train. I point out links to BB-Marin's actual words on the topic, which as you are well aware, were that they were trying to make sure training is valued as well because the old paradigm was that players were cheaply and freely available
Yes, we are all aware of Marin's spin on it and those of us who play the game are aware of what it did to the economy. Bringing that up again in this thread was off topic. So again, get with the thread or zip it. Thank you.

Constructive ideas on how to make it more possible to play the game different ways ... so far we have:

1. Make the transfer list viable at all levels.
2. Make older players' skills drop more slowly.
3. Make the draft relevant.
4. Use a cookie cutter inside team (whatever that is. Need some concrete suggestions on how to do this).
5. Use a heavy shotblocking focused team.
6. Use an outside shooting team (which you would develop … how?)

Last edited by Mike Franks at 3/19/2016 12:38:20 PM

This Post:
278000.17 in reply to 278000.16
Date: 3/19/2016 2:08:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you again, Sentinel. Very un-constructive and off topic, much like the example that Hrudey has set.

It is interesting to me that here on a constructive thread, seeking ways to improve the game, that people are unable to participate constructively. Have the GM's so poisoned the forums that even when I do a constructive thread people just troll me?

Let's get constructive here, folks.

This Post:
278000.18 in reply to 278000.17
Date: 3/19/2016 4:08:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Bring me some bricks and cement please...

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it.
This Post:
278000.19 in reply to 278000.13
Date: 3/19/2016 4:33:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, we are all aware of Marin's spin on it and those of us who play the game are aware of what it did to the economy.

What did *IT* do to the economy? Very little. Supply and demand and the amount of money in the game can move mountains; a very small amount of change in the small amount of players available in free agency is like trying to stop a runaway train by farting on it. You continue to claim that the prices in the game move at the whim of BB-Marin, and every time you say it and I call you out on it, you either ignore it or now, hilariously, claim that it's off topic. How about if you don't want a topic discussed, don't discuss it

This Post:
278000.20 in reply to 278000.17
Date: 3/19/2016 4:53:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you again, Sentinel. Very un-constructive and off topic, much like the example that Hrudey has set.

It is interesting to me that here on a constructive thread, seeking ways to improve the game, that people are unable to participate constructively. Have the GM's so poisoned the forums that even when I do a constructive thread people just troll me?

You know what? Why don't you answer BrazilianBlur, who asks a very concrete and substantive question?
Still don't get how you think training is king?? Have a look at any d2 team upwards in BB and I bet you no more than 2 of their starting five are homegrown players...

The rest will have been bought either fully trained or nearly fully trained. So how is training king?

Why not address the vast majority of my long post, which discussed how a team in the USA did just what you're claiming is not possible, building a team and succeeding not through training, but through judicious use of the transfer market and being a generally good manager? It's especially amusing since your list of 'constructive' suggestions so far, six items long, was half pulled from that.

Why, if you're so interested in "constructive" discussion, do you specifically go out of your way to spit my name out of your mouth?

ANSWER: Because you don't want constructive discussion. You want to sound off on what you don't like and you want people to talk about how much they agree with you and your ideas. And when you don't get that in this thread, or the other threads you post in, you'll just keep on fishing.

I suggest again you look into Valhallla! as a template of a team that didn't focus on training but still succeeded. If he were still here, I suggest he'd be able to walk you through it in detail, but sadly I think even that wouldn't matter. I also suggest you actually consider the radical notion that you might learn more if you looked at statements other than enthusiastic genuflection as opportunities to see different perspectives, rather than an elaborate conspiracy to discredit you.

This Post:
278000.21 in reply to 278000.17
Date: 3/19/2016 5:15:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Mike,
I think the reason you're finding all of these responses to be off-topic is that most people posting are disagreeing with the very nature of the topic. Since there are already many ways to play the game, asking for "Constructive ideas on how to make it more possible to play the game different ways" ends up just being a vehicle for you to bring up all your arguments that you've been bringing up consistently for quite some time.

Then, when you're argued wth, you claim that those disagreeing with are either poisoning, tainting, or staining the game with their opinion. Or you'll make an analogy about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, which actually, if this was the Titanic, it would have made several trips back and forth across the Atlantic while you've been claiming it had already sunk. In actuality, user trends have leveled off recently, so if you want to rearrange them deck chairs, please do so to enjoy watching a game of shuffleboard or perhaps stare off at the beautiful ocean horizon, but this ship isn't sinking. Sure, it's not riding as high as it once did, but it is far faaaar from going under.

As a manager who plays two VERY different strategies with his two teams in terms of development (A steady build while both training and using the transfer wire with my US team, and a 100% homegrown Utopia team) and then plays various offensive sets throughout every season, and has had success with almost all of them, I can say confidently that there certainly already are many ways to play the game.

To honor your intent for this post, though, because I do believe that improving the game experience for all is a good idea, I will give a couple ideas as to your list:

Constructive ideas on how to make it more possible to play the game different ways:
1. Join user groups where you can learn from more experienced users/mentors about how to best utilize the talent you have on your team.
2. Solve the strange substitution issues with all but SFDC, so they can actually all be used as part of game strategy. (I know this is a tough one that may be too embedded in the code to fix, but still, it could provide some added wrinkles to game play)

Advertisement