This Post:
278082.11 in reply to 278082.10
Date: 3/29/2016 7:50:57 PM
Palestra Itália
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
S.E. Palmeiras
I prefer to keep the training as it is. I can see your reasons and they are ok, but I´m an old school, I think the training should be somewhat "challenging", as it was right in the beggining of the game.

Lowering the trainer cost will lower the inflation in the long term. More trainers > more players being trained by 5+ trainers > more pops per season > increase the offer of more good players in the market. Couple this with marketing boosts and in 2-3 seasons the economics will start to regress to old levels

This Post:
278082.12 in reply to 278082.9
Date: 3/29/2016 11:01:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know, and sorry if there was an edge to my words, that was mostly annoyance that my first post got deleted.

My point isn't that I'm bothered by it, I just think you'd have better success if you made your ideas a bit easier to read and not so easy to just write off as another Trainerman rant.

I love the fact that you care so much for the game and want to see it improved however. (y)

This Post:
278082.14 in reply to 278082.9
Date: 4/1/2016 9:20:59 AM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
these are just my opinions and you are free to ignore them.

That's like you, standing before us in a G-string and asking everyone to ignore it. At some point we have to confront you, it's just not right.

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago

This Post:
278082.16 in reply to 278082.15
Date: 4/2/2016 7:02:32 AM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
If I sunbath in my own backyard, nude even....then yes its fair to ask you not to look into my property if you don't like what you see.
You see, that's where I disagree, it's not fair at all. Even if I don't like it, I should be aloud to observe such distractions and voice my opinions in disgust. That was the point of my original post. You can't expect people to ignore you, especially when you are sunbathing nude.

In the many threads about ecnomy etc. issues had I blasted these ideas in each and eveyrone, responding here and there to people...that would have been running through the neighborhood and very hard to ignore.
Sure, I might look at you as you run by, but that's not hard to ignore. I'm okay with you running through my neighborhood as long as you keep your pants on, that's healthy; but It's when you stick around my neighborhood, running in circles on my property that it becomes a distraction I can no longer ignore.

This Post:
278082.17 in reply to 278082.13
Date: 4/2/2016 7:20:27 AM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
They just need to make the trainers and release them. L7s sell at starting salary of 100k still.

I agree. More trainers and with reasonably cheap, affordable salaries. Not only would that improve training and the overall game experience, it would have a positive impact on the economy. It's a perfect solution.

This Post:
278082.19 in reply to 278082.18
Date: 4/2/2016 4:43:17 PM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
You should try not expecting other people to give you what you want and follow your rules all the time. changes your live 100% when you stop expecting everything to follow your rules.

Ironically, that's what I'm trying to convey to you. I don't like you sunbathing nude next door and I can't ignore it; I need to confront such issues. We may disagree, but that's okay, It adds constructive criticism to the discussion.

This Post:
278082.21 in reply to 278082.19
Date: 4/3/2016 7:41:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what's your take on the FA changes?

You know there used to be people saying categorically that FA has no impact or very little impact on the TL.
Some people justify the changes in order to create even more inflation and therefore reward people training.
Others say that FA in some cases has no effect and in some others can destroy the market.
Another take is that FA should be used to regulate the transfer market (prices too high=let the free agents loose, too low = close the taps).

Ultimately we will always be faced with the problem that nobody can create a homegrown team of trained players (of reasonable level) and therefore, without the possibility of acquiring free agents, there will always be a shortage of trained players for the game as a whole. So people who don't want FA are making the conscious choice that teams should be, on average, worse across the board (how much worse depends on the turnover of teams and whether the game is growing or shrinking).

The official position by the BBs in the past was this:
As I've said a few times, the BBs read all of these threads but try not to enter into them in order not to alter the course of the debate.

I just wanted to remind everybody that we do obviously keep a very close eye on prices and that we've seen major threads both with people complaining about inflation and people complaining about having no money to pay for things in the past season. This combination would seem to suggest that the balance is reasonable at the moment, although we'll of course continue to monitor it.

We're definitely aware that transfer compare has limited utility -- one of the side effects of having so many different ways to build players is that it's often difficult to find enough close comparisons to pick the correct value. If you really want to solve this problem, get everybody in the game to invite 5 friends and the volume will be high enough that transfer compare will do a better job. :)
BB-Charles 17/08/2009
You can already see here that they had no clue about where they wanted prices to be for the game as a whole, but their decisions were driven by people campaigning one way or another.

Of course there are also other issues to consider such as how the FA policy impacts NT teams, like when Perpete had a run in with BB-Charles over a French player called Riaud. With no FA we could just forget about any micronations' NT as there is no way they would have enough players to have one.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 4/3/2016 7:45:20 AM

Advertisement