BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.111 in reply to 129389.110
Date: 1/28/2010 10:01:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
All your partners of your league are in the same position. In this moment you have to deal with them

So, would you say that Buzzerbeater is just playing against our "partners of our leagues"? Because this would be totally out of debate.

Actually yes!. BBB is really small part of the game. The other part is the national teams, that bigger countries have a clear advantage (more quality players from the draft, more chances for farm teams, way more active community to help the newbies etc.)

Are we??? then how you call it when you go and buy players or staff? Do you play just against your partners of league? As I said before, this is totally out of debate.

What you are missing here is the fact that those amounts of money that we can spend almost going to the bigger countries for the simple reason that they have way more players to offer. Its not coincidence that the 3 players that i pay more than 2M to buy there nationalities are German/Canadian/French. (Large communities). I wanted to buy local players, but guess what? None was on the market as good as i wanted. That means of course less merchandise revue for my team, compared with a team that can easily have 12 domestic players.

Here it seems that major communities are the richest ones, because everybody gives millions for those players. Then, how can it be that minor community teams are far richer with far less effort than me (ironic).

Last edited by Pappa Flaah at 1/28/2010 10:02:38 AM

This Post:
129389.112 in reply to 129389.109
Date: 1/28/2010 10:35:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, you are right.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
129389.113 in reply to 129389.1
Date: 1/28/2010 10:53:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Funny thread, but in Italy we speak about this problem since 2° or 3° season :)

An example:

Italian Serie A (this is my first season in II)
Costantinopolis
Transfer Balance: + $ 5 896 175
Player Salaries: $ 405 251
Typical Weekly Net Income: $ -68 064

Nippon JBBL
Sharman Globetrotters
Transfer Balance: $ -11 393 856
Player Salaries: $ 846 859
Typical Weekly Net Income: ..... :D

Another problem: when a team is relegated the economy is destroyed, because his "Ticket Holders" are halved (4000 before, after 1900), like the "attendance" in Arena ($500 000 before, after $250 000)..
This is a problem in competitive country like Italy or Spain

This Post:
129389.114 in reply to 129389.96
Date: 1/28/2010 10:59:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what? I have lost bids to teams from Italy and Spain and the USA. Give me a break. I hate the fact that 90% of the players I would like to buy have auctions that end at 3am my time, but I am not going to blame geography. Maybe you ought to go for a player who costs 1.5 million so that you can engage in a bidding war if need be. Or at least know that if you are bidding your whole wad there is a good chance you will be outbid.

So what??
Aye, I'll repeat it again.
You do know those bids you lose with teams from a major community is because the money they would have come as a result of macro-competition, right?

And again. Now, the "so-what-case" I have. The money I have comes also from the major competition against my major community. And I tried to give an example of what always happen. I decide to make a market movement (selecting objetives). If I'm lucky, I would have signed this (overpaid) player for 2,6. If your "market movement" goes wrong (now, I would have to select other player, not the ideal one) I may have to say goodbye to my aspirations.
What I try to let you know is how different one team gets the money through time or by geography.

i got always overbid from III and iv leagues spains and italians, who pay unreasonable high sum fpor player they don't really need ;)

And in the end all your league mates have face the same competion, so i don't see that they rip off the competition.

This Post:
129389.115 in reply to 129389.112
Date: 1/28/2010 11:01:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is easy if you use statistics. To be in III in Spain you have to be the best between 20 teams, so 336 managers in Spain are as able or more than lots of players playing B3 from small countries. Even more, to be in I in Spain you have to be the best out of 400 users, so any of the I division managers in Spain have demonstrated much more ability to manage their team than the most part of the players in B3.

Last edited by macarronet at 1/28/2010 11:03:17 AM

To: MOS
This Post:
129389.116 in reply to 129389.98
Date: 1/28/2010 11:01:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

And, Jonidas, maybe you ought to build a few more courtside and box seats. You have sold them out for about 10 games in a row. One of the first things I read in the rules back in season three was that when you start selling out your seats, it's time to add more. And, while putting players on the TL might lower one part of your fan survey it raises another ( " doing everything he can..." ) so that argument is not only ridiculous, it is wrong.

It's easy to say this when you have more money than you need for beeing competitive in your league (you have an amazing -$21 000 000 in transfer history) . Jonidas is a great manager (he is now playing for his 4th promotion, so he knows who this works). If you are in a league with hard competition, if you want to upgrade your arena you have to sell a big player and then you won't be competitive.

Building arenas early was pretty important in the past, so you will be still keep fluid so maybe one step back to get the necessary econonic would be a good move - the team cost he had ar edefinately payable in a competive second league.

This Post:
129389.117 in reply to 129389.113
Date: 1/28/2010 11:07:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
your problem was that in italy you amek joke, that arena over 10k don't pay off, in season II and III your country have the same econic boost like the small country have now - nearly unlimited visitor potential combined with low salary(because the skills are low). In germany we had a comparable competition, but still amking money because the Bulls and the Tall blacks, saw the oppurtunity of the arena and lot of team are getting back them.

This Post:
129389.118 in reply to 129389.113
Date: 1/28/2010 11:47:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Why would you say its a problem only for the big countries? Its absolutely valid issue for the medium sized communities as well and your problem there is not that he is from Japan and you from Italy but the fact that he is D1 team and you are D2 team.

Back on the topic. The only solution offered so far is that either people in big communities should get their revenue increased dramatically or the revenue of the users in small/medium countries should be decreased by a similar margin. Neither of these would be viable. You can not mess much with the total revenue without creating huge problems.

Considering the inflation we get and does not seem to decline, the only possible significant income adjustment in to decrease the average D1 revenue on a global scale. Before you go ahead and bash this idea give it a thought. It would be devastating if the total revenue(anywhere) is increased. That would lead to further inflation and further imbalance. I understand the idea is flawed in many ways. It would certainly not make life easier for the D1 teams in highly competitive countries. But on the other hand it should reduce the gap between D1 and D2 anywhere in the world.

In any case, if your league is highly competitive and you have plenty of teams that can push you to the limit nothing is really going to make life any easier for you. If you get significantly higher revenue we are going to have everybody crushed by Spanish or Italian D3 teams on the transfer market. You can argue that we are witnessing the opposite thing right now but the last thing I can say about (for ex.) Italian or Spanish leagues is that they are falling behind. Actually the way I see them is highly competitive and advanced in every level from D1 to D4.

This Post:
129389.119 in reply to 129389.118
Date: 1/28/2010 11:51:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Very well said. Exactly what i am trying to say.

This Post:
129389.120 in reply to 129389.118
Date: 1/28/2010 12:00:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Considering the inflation we get and does not seem to decline, the only possible significant income adjustment in to decrease the average D1 revenue on a global scale. Before you go ahead and bash this idea give it a thought. It would be devastating if the total revenue(anywhere) is increased. That would lead to further inflation and further imbalance. I understand the idea is flawed in many ways. It would certainly not make life easier for the D1 teams in highly competitive countries. But on the other hand it should reduce the gap between D1 and D2 anywhere in the world.

sign

This Post:
129389.121 in reply to 129389.117
Date: 1/28/2010 12:01:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, im sorry i've read some opinions and this is just too funny. My message is not dedicated to the Cyprus manager, but i will say you that you really dont know nothing about the BB communities. Its not necessary you answer me, you just have written more than 10-15 messages and all of them are full of ignorance(with all my respects for you)

Im not going to talk about the B3, is not a prestige cup and to be honest i dont really care since its not balanced, well in Spain no-one cares about B3(only Leyen and we all know his opinion hehe)

What matters here and im asking to the community what is supposed that managers from divisions II-III-IV or V have to do with our economy. Since season 5 im in one of the most balanced III in Spain, where the level is really hard, but i dindt have problems with my economy since it was all ok, the transfer list wasnt that expensive and the staff members werent also that expensive, also my incomes were just OK.

Now what i see is that if you are a manager from a big country you are discriminated in this game. Now im on -80.000k and my economy week is between -10k to -15k and sometimes i get +1 - +5k per week. Also as Jonidas i had to throw the cup because i have 8 players which is not enough to play the spanish cup even if i had 10 the level is really high. So im trying to dont go bankrupt and the other problem is that when i try to hire a new coach( I have a level 6 coach which i hired him about 1,5 season ago for 120k and his salary was just 42k). Now i see he is over 68k and the transfer list of the coachs is really expensive, i dont mind buying a level 5 coach but my incomes arent that good, so i will have to sell 1 rookie which means i lose potential on my training and this means i lose potential on my team and when you are on a balanced league only training gives you the chance to improve.

Ah and im forgetting to talk about the arena... To be honest with the economy being like this its impossible i can invest on my arena(its not little but it isnt that big) so if i wanna invest on my arena i would have to sell one of my key players, buy a new rookie and with the other money invest on the arena...

The main problem here is that some teams(managers from II-III-IV on big communities) havent really huge incomes. It pisses me off every time im beaten on the transfer list or on the transfer staff from managers who are in small countrys and since season 7-8, but they have the luck that their incomes are just better and better than mines. I got a lot of experience in this game and the economy its never been worst than its now. Im not the only one from Spain or Itally for example complaining about that...

If the BB's wanna have rich managers and poors managers like ''the american society'' its not fair. We should do a balanced model where we all can have more or less the same chances.(wow that sounds me a bit of Obama's speech haha)

Advertisement