BB Global (English) > basketball sim,

basketball sim,

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270734.117 in reply to 270734.116
Date: 6/9/2015 10:23:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It wouldn't be bad to alter the game's most prominent strategy to training if training was efficient.

Right now, if someone wants to train quality players in a short time (short time = 2 real life years) the maximum number of players he can train is 3, as there are only 3 48 minute games for 1 position training.

So, he needs to buy 7 other players during these seasons. With these prices and the lowering of FA amounts this is impossible (except he is in a micronation and always plays in top level with lots of income).

His other option is to train another 3 players when he finishes his first bunch of 3 trainees and if he's extremely lucky he can have all 6 of them playing for 1-2 seasons before the first bunch starts losing skills. He needs ~ 4 real life years. Possible but boring for people with lives.

All these IF he has adequate knowledge of training and some knowledge of tactics to know what to train and how to use it.

I'm gaining 120.000$/week in II division after I trained 3 players for 2 years. I barely manage to avoid playouts despite having one of the lowest total of salaries in my division (these are the benefits of training).

But I have to tank (because I'm tanking, I'm not competing for something) for 1,5 seasons to get 1 and only 1 player.

Sorry, but this isn't fun anymore. It's tedious and boring. There is a thin line between challenging, hard but rewarding to boring with no real payoffs and BB has crossed it a while ago.

I liked BB a lot when I started because it gave me options to develop my team. Now, this thing has changed.

Last edited by Villagkouras at 6/9/2015 10:23:48 AM

This Post:
270734.123 in reply to 270734.117
Date: 6/9/2015 1:40:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't let BB hear you.

There should be fast success and slow success on BB which mean buying to start or training to start., Some on BB don't understand that. If they do they don't care for some odd reason. For some reason they think training is free and best way to do things .. training is not free and leads no where If some never learn tactics , it pretty much a guessing game with some tactics. I will say 80% of the game only know 1-2 tactics, the others tactics none know or wouldn't know who to play and how to play it. everyone on BB fall in that 80% even Marin himself.

Every tactic has a cost point, some more expensive than others with these new taxes I don't think any one will be able to play outside to highest level in League Play, maybe on a NT level. This game is more like Mmo or rpg.. its not for everybody or faint hearted, It take too damn long to build a team and money to do that is even slower or never there. It possible though If you have the time and dedication.

BB marin and bb staff need to get with the times.. If he want people understand BB sysmatics and dwell in training and talk about tactics. Start having tourney with exclusive certain tactics. Princeton with box 1 defense// outside iso with 2-3 zone. etc etc. This would help the market with different player for tactics which it badly needs. I don't understands why he is so out of touch but so quick to throw down sum dumb tax everytime . Tourney also injects fun in to game.. It builds supporters.

He need to understand none want to wait forever for success. For example if a teen start playing a 14yrs old he will damn grown man before his team is actually successful. He will be 21 yrs old. BB staff need to put that in perspective

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 6/9/2015 1:52:55 PM

This Post:
270734.124 in reply to 270734.110
Date: 6/9/2015 3:01:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You clearly stated that you doubted such a player would fail the new criteria, you know...especially because you saw players with lower TSP and same potential getting to Free Agency. Knowing your integrity, I doubt you would go back on your words as others had clearly no problem doing, therefore I'm honestly curious how you're gonna make sense of this. :?

I sincerely doubt that this player failed the TSP. My best guess is that the owner of the team that drafted the player went bot before the draft since he played as far as I can see the same tactics/lineup since 3/21/15. But then again, the team wasn't demoted as I would have expected a bot would have been. Perhaps they went bot specifically on the date of the season turnover?
I don't think this player ended up being subject to the new free agency rules because of timing of when the team went bot, but I don't know for sure and I think this is exactly the type of situation that would be a legitimate bug report.
Hopefully we can get a clear explanation on this specific case - and since I've glanced and see an 18 yo HOF with less than 50 TSP on the TL, I presume that there's something else here.
Answer by Marin: no bug, no timing issues, everything is in order and going according to plan, which means saving young, high TSP, high potential players because we want to incentivise training. It's just that a HoF 54 TSP, potentially monster PF with 25 initial inside skills, 7 OD, 6 JR and 5 PA is simply not good enough to make the cut.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/9/2015 3:03:05 PM

This Post:
270734.125 in reply to 270734.117
Date: 6/9/2015 3:20:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you have very valid points, as usual. When I have said in the past that the problem is that the game requires too much commitment in terms of time, some of the answers were that the game must be challenging and that current asset of existing managers should be safeguarded compared to new managers joining. Great thinking in terms user retention, I must admit!

Honestly I don't buy into all this "training" rhetoric from the BBs. The easiest way to make training more profitable and to help everyone equally was to make training speed faster or rework the system to make it more accessible. Simple, easy and nobody loses. Instead they try to discourage everything else which could be an alternative to training...

This Post:
270734.126 in reply to 270734.125
Date: 6/9/2015 4:40:27 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know, I mean, prices are higher for everyone else too. Why do people think it ruining their team?

The way I see it, it just gives me an advantage. I'll just use the situation to make some profit, and let other people burn money on crappy players.

I would simply relegate this season, but fortunately, two powerhouses from my conference went bot this season(probably the same manager got banned for multiaccounting), so the conference is sooo easy. I'll figure out a plan when the next season starts, but regardless, I don't feel like my team suddenly has no future, I'll just adapt to the new situation and try to do better than others?

Advertisement