BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.118 in reply to 129389.113
Date: 1/28/2010 11:47:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Why would you say its a problem only for the big countries? Its absolutely valid issue for the medium sized communities as well and your problem there is not that he is from Japan and you from Italy but the fact that he is D1 team and you are D2 team.

Back on the topic. The only solution offered so far is that either people in big communities should get their revenue increased dramatically or the revenue of the users in small/medium countries should be decreased by a similar margin. Neither of these would be viable. You can not mess much with the total revenue without creating huge problems.

Considering the inflation we get and does not seem to decline, the only possible significant income adjustment in to decrease the average D1 revenue on a global scale. Before you go ahead and bash this idea give it a thought. It would be devastating if the total revenue(anywhere) is increased. That would lead to further inflation and further imbalance. I understand the idea is flawed in many ways. It would certainly not make life easier for the D1 teams in highly competitive countries. But on the other hand it should reduce the gap between D1 and D2 anywhere in the world.

In any case, if your league is highly competitive and you have plenty of teams that can push you to the limit nothing is really going to make life any easier for you. If you get significantly higher revenue we are going to have everybody crushed by Spanish or Italian D3 teams on the transfer market. You can argue that we are witnessing the opposite thing right now but the last thing I can say about (for ex.) Italian or Spanish leagues is that they are falling behind. Actually the way I see them is highly competitive and advanced in every level from D1 to D4.

This Post:
129389.119 in reply to 129389.118
Date: 1/28/2010 11:51:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Very well said. Exactly what i am trying to say.

This Post:
129389.120 in reply to 129389.118
Date: 1/28/2010 12:00:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Considering the inflation we get and does not seem to decline, the only possible significant income adjustment in to decrease the average D1 revenue on a global scale. Before you go ahead and bash this idea give it a thought. It would be devastating if the total revenue(anywhere) is increased. That would lead to further inflation and further imbalance. I understand the idea is flawed in many ways. It would certainly not make life easier for the D1 teams in highly competitive countries. But on the other hand it should reduce the gap between D1 and D2 anywhere in the world.

sign

This Post:
129389.121 in reply to 129389.117
Date: 1/28/2010 12:01:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, im sorry i've read some opinions and this is just too funny. My message is not dedicated to the Cyprus manager, but i will say you that you really dont know nothing about the BB communities. Its not necessary you answer me, you just have written more than 10-15 messages and all of them are full of ignorance(with all my respects for you)

Im not going to talk about the B3, is not a prestige cup and to be honest i dont really care since its not balanced, well in Spain no-one cares about B3(only Leyen and we all know his opinion hehe)

What matters here and im asking to the community what is supposed that managers from divisions II-III-IV or V have to do with our economy. Since season 5 im in one of the most balanced III in Spain, where the level is really hard, but i dindt have problems with my economy since it was all ok, the transfer list wasnt that expensive and the staff members werent also that expensive, also my incomes were just OK.

Now what i see is that if you are a manager from a big country you are discriminated in this game. Now im on -80.000k and my economy week is between -10k to -15k and sometimes i get +1 - +5k per week. Also as Jonidas i had to throw the cup because i have 8 players which is not enough to play the spanish cup even if i had 10 the level is really high. So im trying to dont go bankrupt and the other problem is that when i try to hire a new coach( I have a level 6 coach which i hired him about 1,5 season ago for 120k and his salary was just 42k). Now i see he is over 68k and the transfer list of the coachs is really expensive, i dont mind buying a level 5 coach but my incomes arent that good, so i will have to sell 1 rookie which means i lose potential on my training and this means i lose potential on my team and when you are on a balanced league only training gives you the chance to improve.

Ah and im forgetting to talk about the arena... To be honest with the economy being like this its impossible i can invest on my arena(its not little but it isnt that big) so if i wanna invest on my arena i would have to sell one of my key players, buy a new rookie and with the other money invest on the arena...

The main problem here is that some teams(managers from II-III-IV on big communities) havent really huge incomes. It pisses me off every time im beaten on the transfer list or on the transfer staff from managers who are in small countrys and since season 7-8, but they have the luck that their incomes are just better and better than mines. I got a lot of experience in this game and the economy its never been worst than its now. Im not the only one from Spain or Itally for example complaining about that...

If the BB's wanna have rich managers and poors managers like ''the american society'' its not fair. We should do a balanced model where we all can have more or less the same chances.(wow that sounds me a bit of Obama's speech haha)

This Post:
129389.122 in reply to 129389.121
Date: 1/28/2010 12:13:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that having lvl 6 trainer is your choice. Asigratitos (one of the best teams in BB has lvl5). I always have 4. His salary is 20k. If you buy one of them your income will increase significant. And not i have good experience from the Greek community (since Cyprus forums are dead, we are using that as our forum).

So again its choices and we not your problem. Its more like bad team planning than anything. If you save 100k per week means 1.2M more in a season. Not bad at all i think

This Post:
129389.123 in reply to 129389.121
Date: 1/28/2010 12:14:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
"If the BB's wanna have rich managers and poors managers like ''the american society'' its not fair. We should do a balanced model where we all can have more or less the same chances.(wow that sounds me a bit of Obama's speech haha)"

I am curious. Are you considering yourself to be rich or poor? Considering that wealth is not just your weekly net income or your cash reserves but more importantly its your total assets(arena, players, staff), do you think that you are poor compared to D3 managers from other countries? Many D3 teams in medium sized countries can afford lvl6 coach and stay competitive?

I am saying this again. The problem is not the country. The problem is the significant gap between divisions. And considering the fact that you are not in the B3 at the moment, your competition are the other teams in your country and especially the other teams in your league. Those guys face similar conditions as you and essentially your problems are their problems. And that my friend is the BB version of balance.

This Post:
129389.124 in reply to 129389.113
Date: 1/28/2010 12:25:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you telling me that if you're relegated from the EPL to League 1 (in real life Football) that your ticket receipts and TV and other revenue wont collapse?

I actually find that the only advantage of being in a small country is in the national tournament. Right now my team is competing for the national championship, and if I was in America or Italy or France, I'd still be in the early rounds.

Even one season ago, I couldn't compete with the top teams in my country because I was late to join the party...now I am in line with the top teams because of the increased revenue. It helps with the balance of power in the BBB tourney too. Otherwise the world's best teams would only be in Germany, France, Italy and America (or whatever the top 4 countries are) and that would take a lot of fun out of it.

If I win today's game (down 64-63 at halftime, 6 team fouls...5 on my starting center...) I will be in the BBB next season and while I'll probably get creamed in the 1st round, I'll at least have something else to play for. Once you dominate your country, it's on to the world...and it's only fair that we can compete with Ice Storm BC or Chicago Bulls at some point if we're smart enough managers.

This Post:
129389.125 in reply to 129389.118
Date: 1/28/2010 12:40:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Why would you say its a problem only for the big countries? Its absolutely valid issue for the medium sized communities as well and your problem there is not that he is from Japan and you from Italy but the fact that he is D1 team and you are D2 team.

Have you read my post?
This is my first season in 2° division, before my transfer balance was + $ 5 896 175, respect to $ -11 393 856 of Sharman Globetrotters and we have equal Arena (20000k).

The problem is that in the past we played vs. good team and we paid some money for a competitive roster, instead in Japan there was numerous BOT.
The problem is that after a defeat we had an attendance -25/30%, instead in Japan vs. a BOT was difficult to lose.

In Italy or Spain exist this problem since 3-4° season, in your country it's more recent. This is the difference ;)

This Post:
129389.126 in reply to 129389.121
Date: 1/28/2010 12:40:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Now i see he is over 68k and the transfer list of the coachs is really expensive, i dont mind buying a level 5 coach but my incomes arent that good, so i will have to sell 1 rookie which means i lose potential on my training and this means i lose potential on my team and when you are on a balanced league only training gives you the chance to improve.

Just an aside, I find that most managers are not keeping their high level trainers long enough. To replace your 68k salary level 6 trainer with a 17k salary one should cost about 1.5 million, otherwise you are making money from the transaction.

Now, the question should be more like: how many teams can afford a 68K salary trainer? Obviously you are one of them, so you are doing quite well. I doubt that there are many division III teams in Canada who could do it.

PS Level 6+ trainers are really only interesting for people training U21 and NT players. Otherwise, it is a money losing proposition. A level 4 or 5 trainer does pretty much the same thing, the 1 extra pop per year is really not worth the expense.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.127 in reply to 129389.118
Date: 1/28/2010 12:47:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Back on the topic. The only solution offered so far is that either people in big communities should get their revenue increased dramatically

I guess what I proposed did not qualify as a solution. ;-)

I guess people do not want more international competition, they just want more money to kick ass in their country. It does not make sense to me but I guess that is the way it goes.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.128 in reply to 129389.127
Date: 1/28/2010 12:51:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I am sorry that I kinda ignored your idea but it seemed just a bit radical.

Advertisement