New daytrading rules (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.119 in reply to 264414.18
Date: 11/7/2014 1:11:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This would end day-trading immediately.

But there is no will and no need to stop day-trading.

Actually there is. I signed up for a basketball sim, not a day-trading exercise. I am quite certain that in this respect I am in the vast majority. Good for the new rules.

And we don't need auto-bid.

This Post:
264414.121 in reply to 264414.120
Date: 11/7/2014 5:06:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm in total agreement. Better reasoned post that most of us who agree with this could come up with.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 11/7/2014 5:07:49 AM

This Post:
264414.122 in reply to 264414.119
Date: 11/7/2014 5:55:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This would end day-trading immediately.

But there is no will and no need to stop day-trading.

Actually there is. I signed up for a basketball sim, not a day-trading exercise. I am quite certain that in this respect I am in the vast majority. Good for the new rules.

And we don't need auto-bid.

I don't need auto-bid and you don't need auto-bid - but just imagine that you lived in Japan/New Zealand and that would change your mind.

Coming back to the day trading - If you think that this is purely a basketball sim, than you are wrong. Similar games are always to very large extend economical games. You cannot win only by using magic tactics - you have to earn money to afford good players.

I am not enthusiastic about day trading (you can check my transfer history) - but it needs to be allowed (and BB has even an achievement to earn in that matter). There is no will and need to stop/eradicate/remove day trading - there was a need to decrease it's profitability - now it's less profitable and that's ok.

This Post:
264414.123 in reply to 264414.122
Date: 11/7/2014 10:44:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is no will and need to stop/eradicate/remove day trading - there was a need to decrease it's profitability - now it's less profitable and that's ok.
People contend that this change affects everyone trying to improve his/her team, not just the daytraders though. Any reason why they are wrong and the current system is better than using the old 20%-3% haircut and apply a progressive tax on the profits?

I have no opinion of my own on the subject. I doubt I will ever get to 10+ players exchanged in a season.

This Post:
264414.124 in reply to 264414.123
Date: 11/7/2014 8:00:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
People like to make money, its a big part of this game if you like it or not.

it's not just the top tier teams that do this, a lot of lower to middle division teams also do it.

They start changing things people like about this game and more people are going to quit playing it.

I don't know if this will protect new players. Some people will put players up for higher prices to make for the higher fees.

But, the main thing i don't like about this change is the lack of flexibility it gives me.

if the offense i am running is not working in my league and i want to change to a different offense, i am going to have to sell players at big losses (which i hate doing) and then buy the right players.

If i buy a good pg now and a month later i find a great pg its going to be harder to change out pg now.

If i buy i player and keep him for 2 or 3 months and train him and then resell him. I should not have to pay high fees since i am already paying at least $150,000 a year on a trainer.

From the day trading i have seen from top tier teams, it seems there buying and reselling 18 and 19 year old players.
So maybe thats the area that needs to be fixed.

To: vdog
This Post:
264414.125 in reply to 264414.124
Date: 11/7/2014 8:10:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if the offense i am running is not working in my league and i want to change to a different offense, i am going to have to sell players at big losses (which i hate doing) and then buy the right players.

If i buy a good pg now and a month later i find a great pg its going to be harder to change out pg now.

If i buy i player and keep him for 2 or 3 months and train him and then resell him. I should not have to pay high fees since i am already paying at least $150,000 a year on a trainer.

From the day trading i have seen from top tier teams, it seems there buying and reselling 18 and 19 year old players.
So maybe thats the area that needs to be fixed.

I think (note: my opinion) is that the 18/19 yo thing is definitely a problem. More to the point, people who buy people at low prices and then re-list them continually at an inflated price until someone bites is (again, my opinion) detrimental to the game.

I would like to see people not be able to list players above the price they paid for them until they've had them for a full season, and only able to list at 1k for the first month. Or something like that, though. If someone truly is skilled enough to buy players below their true worth, they can still make money, while those who are fleecing people by inflating starting prices should be crimped.

This Post:
264414.126 in reply to 264414.92
Date: 11/7/2014 11:37:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lastly if your going babysit new managers and manger alike. add a" financial advisor "option.. The 1st season its auto-matic.. This cpu helping advisor does arena for the new team, sets the budgets. tell you which players are a good and bad. he will redirect the sale or out right stop the sale say look at these prospects. telling the manager they don't have budget within good reasoning to afford such player. It keep players from bankrupt.

It should be function for new ball clubs and ball clubs in money trouble.

A financial advisor would be an interesting addition to staff, along with doctor, trainer and PR manager. One problem I see with that, though, is that the implementation would probably be every bit as erratic as their attempts to portray a possible range within which a player on the transfer list may sell. And if they do it too well it may reveal stuff about how the engine works that they don't want revealed. Interesting idea, though.

This Post:
264414.127 in reply to 264414.120
Date: 11/8/2014 8:46:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

But I am not totally dismissive of day-trading if the context is right. I think this new system mainly punishes teams for being active in improving their team all season through the transfer list. Anyone who sees an upgrade to their team available in the market should not be discouraged to make their team better. Overextension tax, the previous transfer tax, and gameshape penalties have already done something to minimize rent-a-player(s) to some extent but no one can completely prevent any team from doing so. The way to tackle day-trading, although we know there will continue to be people still resorting to this, is, I still believe, by taxing the profits -- side by side with the previous player tax system. This also protects a team's draft picks value (as they were not the subject of flipping).

This is well written. There is nothing wrong in trading up as new players come on the market. The current system penalizes this and rewards those who spend more and buy the best player in the first place. But this is expensive and therefore promotes tanking to build up that cash balance.

Last edited by Jay_m at 11/8/2014 8:49:10 AM

This Post:
264414.129 in reply to 264414.128
Date: 11/8/2014 7:50:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Me personally I have no merit feeling toward aut0- bidding and the likes. I feel a certain number of players should be able to come through to a team in a season after that you can only make so many moves.

Making 30-60 sells in a season is just a team slave auction house nothing more or less. I don't think auto bidding is the curetp all, it still fall down to deep wallets rather than being online to use your wallet. If they clean it up so its fair.. maybe it can be supporter option to use.

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 11/8/2014 7:52:57 PM

Advertisement