4th Qrt Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
124105.13 in reply to 124105.12
Date: 1/6/2010 7:35:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think I misread your post.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
124105.14 in reply to 124105.13
Date: 1/8/2010 3:50:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about the following suggestion:

you can set team line ups and tactics FOR EVERY QUARTER before every game. So instead of choosing only one tactic to play with for the whole game, you can vary the tactics (and line ups) per quarter.

That would allow to play around and vary a little the pace of your offensive and defensive play.

For example:
you play run and gun in the first quarter with a full court defense, switch to patient and man to man in the second, then play low post and 1-3-1 in the third and then Princeton and 2-3 in the fourth quarter.

That would give more control to you as a manager and you have the impression being able to influence the gameplay dramatically by choosing clever tactics.

What do you think about that?

Happy New Year!

Last edited by Coach Ash at 1/8/2010 3:51:47 AM

This Post:
124105.15 in reply to 124105.14
Date: 1/8/2010 3:54:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think that will only make the lineup page overloaded, and the rating even more useless. I don't see as clever tatics, this look more like epileptics.

This Post:
124105.16 in reply to 124105.15
Date: 1/8/2010 1:09:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you mean with epileptics? what do you mean with lineup page will be overloaded? It's a question of clever design, you're not obliged to put everything next to each other.

I didn't quite get your post. I hope you really had some constructive critics in mind and didn't just want to say something ridiculous. Can you please specify your argument?

I think in a basketball manager game the MANAGING and COACHING of the team should be the most important aspect. In a real game you can make adjustments and talk to your players and change tactics DURING the game. I absolutely agree that it is not fair to people who work and have important things to do to expect them stand in front of the monitor during the game.

Therefore I think a variation of tactics per quarter before the game should be possible. You're not obliged to make use of it. Maybe for people who don't want to set a different tactic for every quarter there should be a checkbox "apply tactics to all 4 quarters". But I think it is a lttle bit like watching just robots play during 48 minutes what their coach told them before the game to play.

Last edited by Coach Ash at 1/8/2010 1:10:41 PM

This Post:
124105.17 in reply to 124105.16
Date: 1/8/2010 1:12:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And before someone says:"It does it automatically", I want to say that very often I don't want the bot to do the modifications it does, just because the developpers of this game think that or this tactics is best in this and that situation. I would like to control that myself and have more power on the outcome of the game.

Thanks.

Last edited by Coach Ash at 1/8/2010 1:13:29 PM

This Post:
124105.18 in reply to 124105.16
Date: 1/8/2010 3:13:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think in a basketball manager game the MANAGING and COACHING of the team should be the most important aspect. In a real game you can make adjustments and talk to your players and change tactics DURING the game. I absolutely agree that it is not fair to people who work and have important things to do to expect them stand in front of the monitor during the game.

but you won't make such adjustments, there the adjustment the engine make are much more realisitc, you start with a gameplan and during the game you concentrate more and more on the working plays. So if you play run and gun against a 1-3-1 Zone, you start to search the man under the basket more ... Not you are playing first quarter LI, against 3-2 and switching to Run and Gun - thats no adjustment and such behaviour would avoid adjustment from the system to the opposing game.

Also if you scout your opponent and know he play one quarter LI, one run and Gun, one Motion and one Base - how you could plan your defense on it? I could tell you how i would defend the single offense but to find the right quarter would be pure gambling for thsi i like it more like today where undecided player have to play a "normal" offense focus over a game.

What do you mean with epileptics?

totally randoms switched in gameplay

what do you mean with lineup page will be overloaded?

For tactics offensily, four tactics defensiv and to make it a bit reasonable four lineup with 15 spots - for me thats alot.

Therefore I think a variation of tactics per quarter before the game should be possible. You're not obliged to make use of it.

If my opponent switched tactics i had to react, so could you please make constructiv input ;)

This Post:
124105.19 in reply to 124105.16
Date: 1/8/2010 5:18:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can go and play Charazay for that. I do not like that option and I hope BB will never go down that road.

This Post:
124105.20 in reply to 124105.19
Date: 1/9/2010 4:00:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can go and play Charazay for that. I do not like that option and I hope BB will never go down that road.

Yes. I lasted about 1 week in Charazay, after which I got tired of setting countless lineups for each game.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
124105.21 in reply to 124105.20
Date: 1/9/2010 5:01:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well thanks, I'll go and test chrazay, too.

This Post:
124105.22 in reply to 124105.21
Date: 1/10/2010 5:29:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well, I checked charazay, and actually they don't offer anything close to what I was suggesting here. Charazay offers you to change your line up for every quarter so basically what you suggested was a waste of time for me. I was talking about having different tactics for each quarter, not different line ups.

and despite that, charazay has really boring looks. I've heard of basketsim, but there you also have just 1 tactic option for the entire game.

I would suggest, as I see that some seem to not wanting to take more responsibility for their team to have that as an "advanced tactics" option. Like that, people would be able to keep their one tactic per game setting.

I really recommend BB to put more responsibility into the hands of managers, who play this game. BB is already an excellent game, I just feel that much more is possible and especialy more experienced players would enjoy to have some more influence on the outcome of a game. Right now it seems like tactics play the least important role in this game.

Advertisement