BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.12 in reply to 152075.11
Date: 7/19/2010 6:56:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In my opinion,there are three main questions on the economy,all connected among them

1-Best teams can't afford the best players...but not only the "farm players",they'can't afford a starting line-up with all 150k players,if they want to have a positive wekly balance(without cup and BBB,for sure)

2-The prices of the players with higher salaries,also if they aren't at the "farm levels",falls down,especially for the centers,so who have spend many time to train them,will have few money for their sacrifices,also in terms of results in all the competitions,and consequentely economical sacrifices.And with a chain reaction,falls down drammatically also the prices of all the playes,so every team is knocked by this situation

3-In many lower leagues,the level of incomes are too low for the competitivity reached by the leagues;if you see a II/III division of the greatest countries in BB,you can see that they have to afford great expenses not to win the league,but only to REMAIN in the league,and don't lose much money from a relegation in a lower division,where you are not sure to rise up again quickly...and theoretically these teams should buy the players of high level on the market,the players who aren't at the top level but are close to them,so diminuishing the money available on the market

There could be a solution,and it would be to reward the competitivity of the various leagues and of the various teams of the various leagues,in a greater way than with the TV contract(and merchandising) system...If you want to reach an economic balance,you can't give different possibilities to all the users,often penalizing the most skilled players that have less money to improve their teams and to fight in their countries...the weakest leagues quickly would be spurred to do better and better,so rising the incomes and the level of competitivity of their leagues...and more competitive is a league,lesser are the chances for a team to win all the games,so there wll not happen a risk of a never-ending rise of the incomes...

This Post:
152075.13 in reply to 152075.11
Date: 7/19/2010 7:15:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So that's my mumbo jumbo responce.

You miss my point on the transfer ranges entirely.
The market has matured because the userbase has matured. The average manager knows more about the skill-sets than 5 seasons ago, and more often than not knows exactly what he wants to go shopping for and because of the supply knows he can wait to pick up the player of his choice in most instances.

The key difference and level we haven't reached yet (and maybe we'll never get there) is new teams rarely train the ultimate player - with survival or advancement more a priority, their training decisions are to create players in the short term that can immediately impact (not saying everyone) and the quality of the trainees they start with even if trained perfectly still wont reach the requirements of most Div 1 teams so with this in mind, money doesnt flow freely.

IF we had more money then the truly best players in the market would fetch the really big $$ and the reward for training properly could be witnessed by everyone and in turn maybe have a knock on effect to the market. How many SG's dont have enough passing? How many big men don't have enough handling? If the established teams educate the training clubs by rewarding them with much more cash for training more efficiently this will improve the economy from the grass-roots. The current players not attracting the interest of anyone, still won't and should discourage other users from falling into the trap to train similar players - the flipside is in my opinion obvious - create the perfect player get paid significantly more and at this time thats just not happening.

Wages are partly to blame and if the BB's want to keep the same level players at the same prices the only logical thing to do is slow down training speed (which I imagine won't be met favourably) - so what else? Back to injecting (within reason) more money into the system. If you dont want it at the top of the tree no problem, but then it wont filter down to the bottom. If you want to pump into the bottom then there will be a lot more wastage and no guarantee that the prices we see today will differ much at all.

Your admiral surveying of the TL is nothing until you pull the trigger and own/sell the players you are watching. You don't know whether the players that are being bought are short/long term acquisitions, being bought because there are no alternatives that are better or because the user doesnt spend much time online and therefore has to buy when he sees someone. It's like saying you are a lifeguard but aren't prepared to jump into the water.

This Post:
152075.14 in reply to 152075.12
Date: 7/19/2010 11:57:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. Who said you should afford 5x150k players. If you can't afford them, then get 5x100k players. That's why there are many different tactics, someone get's 2x200k players and use the rest of the cap on other players. Some get 5x100k players. You have to find the pearls. Evenly trained 100k player is better than badly trained 150k player, so it's about getting the best players while playing less salary.
2. Once again you should be training for your own team and sell the trainees when there is still market for them. Obviously if you sell them at 200k salary, they are really not that useful for most teams in BB.
3. We need BB's view on this part, as neither of us have the actual data about promotions, relegations throughout BB countrys. Even if you have to pay a lot of salarys while being in div II-III, you are still at the same level your direct opponents are, right?
I don't exactly understand what you mean by the best players being penalized? If you add money in any system, let's say Italy for example all of your opponents would still get the same amount. Perhaps inserting income only to II-III-IV etc, but is it such a big cap now that noone who promotes can stay put at the highest div?

This Post:
152075.15 in reply to 152075.14
Date: 7/20/2010 2:06:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see a bit difrence in that point. First of all, the point isnt to play with your players, it is to win it all. I think the best players should get sold for highiest price. And Im not asking for more money. Its already I think too big difference between I and II leagues. Im asking for some posibilities for lower div. I like this game in general, but I am afraid, that we can soon have players only in I and II divisions. and from user count they are minority and the game should be fun also in III and IV and V div, because most of those guys have more of the entusiasm and they could really be the guys paying for this game.

I would sugest couple more posibilities:
1. reduce allstars and highier potential players. there shouldnt be a lot of legendary and best of all times players. National teams get filled with those, and its rediculous - MVP will soon be not enough. which isnt very motivaiting for players.

2. increase income in lower div and reduce income in top div. now guys comming from lower div get powned and will probably thrown back, because you cant compete in a league having 2 times lesser salaries. you simply cant. especially if its 300k and 600k

3. reduce salaries of top guys. why for example 300k salayr couldnt be the top? even in NBA max player salary is 1/3 of salry cap. do you see any clubs having 1.5M weekly income?

4. reduce salary of old guys - 30 and above

This Post:
152075.16 in reply to 152075.15
Date: 7/20/2010 2:51:45 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I think BBs didn't predict this scenario. Today I'm afraid about what will happen in the near future. Imho even if you're able to sell one player you can't stay with the money in bank cause I think BBs will do something and in this case your 3m can easily become 1,5m... The big problem in this game is that the economy seems still not well balanced, it's really hard to make a long term project if the conditions change every season

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et

To: ned
This Post:
152075.17 in reply to 152075.16
Date: 7/20/2010 2:58:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think they should hire economist or couple just to make a plan for economy (this is what was done in ht and helped a lot). throwing in FA and turning it off isnt a solution - it is cleaning consequences, but not the reason.

Message deleted

This Post:
152075.19 in reply to 152075.11
Date: 7/20/2010 4:14:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the selling prices are down then obviously the buying prices are down aswell. So you still get your moneys worth.

You make it too easy. The main problem, to me, is the balance among the other incomes/expenses. If transfer prices are very low, the importance of arena income goes up and so do the players and staff salaries.
For low division teams, training players for selling them after a couple of seasons or so is becoming a less successfull strategy (in particular for those training big men), compared for example to expanding a lot the arena since the. And since the training part is what I mainly found was an added value of BB compared to other online games... well I am not happy if that happens.

The only part I agree with you about is the top salary players. It's all well known that they don't have much market, so training them to 300k+ salaries is not the way to make money and should not be, even more when these players have 3-4 very high skills and the rest in black/blueish color.

This Post:
152075.20 in reply to 152075.15
Date: 7/20/2010 5:28:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you again. There are too many 7 or bigger potential players. No one wants to train, let's say, potential 3 players. Like in real world, there must be a proportion between superstar players and other regular players.

This Post:
152075.21 in reply to 152075.20
Date: 7/20/2010 5:36:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that top teams can afford 5x150k players in the line-up but what's the point if you don't have a bench? It's better 5x100 and 5x50k than 5x150, in my opinion.

This Post:
152075.22 in reply to 152075.14
Date: 7/20/2010 6:37:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Top teams buy the best players,often from the teams of lower division,that with the money of their sellings, will buy great players,often from the team of lower division,and so on

If you make very difficult,or destroy, the possibilities of market for a team of any level,you will significantly alter all the system,because there will be some missing point in the chain,and this system start to fail

At the time,not only the "farming players" are out of the market(and this is a good thing),but many other players with a good salary/skill rate(200k level) have low value on the market,and this situation alter the market,because a user that have to sell his trainee because he can't afford him in a low division,will have few money for the work he did,and can't try to improve his team buying some players of an higher level,so blocking also the markets of the middle-high level,that have to sell their players to buy stronger players and try to rise up in the categories

More money,means that the market cicle can restart again,and all the teams can chose their strategies with calm,without being forced by too restrictive economic situations,or trying to guess market trends to have advantages

But not all the teams are in the same situation,there are teams with a lot of money because they have few expenses to stay in a league related to the incomes they have,and if you give them a new free cash flow,they easily will try to spend it quickly,causing a phase of inflaction that will not improve the situation of anyone

So you need to give money,but not indiscriminately...the only fair criterium to give money to the various teams,is rewarding the competivity of a league,and of the various teams in a league
If you look at the Tv contracts of the first divisions all around the world,you can see they are going all towards a certain level,this is a sign that potentially no one would be penalized from a new system based on competitivity,beacuase you don't need an enormous number of teams to reach an high level in a country
But the differences are greater in the lower division,when often a II division of a country has the level comparable to the low III/high IV division of a more competitive country,with the related expenses,but with much more higher incomes,and more possibilities to play a role in the market,a GLOBAL MARKET where all the teams can buy players....but if there are teams penalized on the market,they would be unable to reach the top level,and less money would be available to EVERYONE on the market,because it is GLOBAL and if someone doesn't have money to spend,potentially anyone user in the world will miss it

The differences will exist forever,and forever there will be someone who won and many other who lost,but if everyone had the possibilities,the differences will come out from the ability to train the players and from the strategical choices made by a team,not from the different possibilities given to a team(and yet there's the draft that insert a element that creates new balances in the various leagues)

I think that reward economically in a greater way the competitivty of the various leagues,would be the right way to give everyone his possibilities,and discover really who are the best users and deserve to win

Advertisement