BB Global (English) > I like the current training system

I like the current training system

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278223.12 in reply to 278223.7
Date: 4/6/2016 4:51:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is a thought- what if it cost $5 a year and you could get 100% training in any position? I bet the BBs make about 50k that year. - food for thought. Lots would quit, but the rest would pay the piper.

Hell nah. If the game was one of those super styled apps like Game of War or whatnot, this would be the perfect choice. I would probably pay the five bucks, but come on, how cheesy on behalf of the owners would that be....

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278223.14 in reply to 278223.1
Date: 4/6/2016 5:25:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I see it:

As a professional athlete you get better trough:
1. practice
2. experience
3. doping

In ballsports you play the position that is suiting your playing stlye and your physique best - unless you have a very unique skillset, that qualifies for a different position... Exceptions exist for sure...

We don't have practice in this game, the effect of experience is somewhat obscure, doping does and should not exist in this game. Experience is gained through training.

I would install a completely different training system basing on xp gained in combination with training OUTSIDE of games, that would probalby cater RPG players most, but thats a total different story.

If somebody has any connection to real world basketball it is beyond my understanding how he can actually like the current training system. Same applies for the - in my opinion - broken FT shooting in this game.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278223.16 in reply to 278223.15
Date: 4/6/2016 5:58:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am very picky about the total 0 in FT shooting and passing especially. If you are a professional you have basic skills at least. We have players that go 0-1000 on FTs and never make a single assist over a 20 year career, thats simply impossible or just a flaw in the game engine. Players with absolute zero in Rebounds grab a board every now and then...

I would have no issues if FT was untrainable at all and every player was born with a fixed skill, that guaranteed at least like 40%. If you want to be a professional basketball player you should know how to throw the ball throught the hoop.

This Post:
278223.18 in reply to 278223.17
Date: 4/6/2016 6:32:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Anyway get over it dude. I never see this abominations you constantly freak out over. Never seen them in my leagues or teams. NEver owned one. NEver drafted one. If you draft one, fire him or sell him. Out of site, out of mind.

Lucky you. Just because you don't see this flaw, it does not mean it don't exist. Wish you all the best as soon as you catch one of those...

Wasting PRECIOUS weeks on FT training is just frustrating. It's pretty simple. Maybe your pain treshold in this area is bigger than mine.

This Post:
278223.19 in reply to 278223.7
Date: 4/6/2016 6:52:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
WEll you got me in a few points there. I'll admit that.
I had to stop reading at:
then I read Bill Simmons' book of basketball in 2011

I'm not judging anyone. I'm sure Bill Simmons is as entertaining as he is biased to the core in his assessments...

This Post:
278223.20 in reply to 278223.14
Date: 4/6/2016 6:55:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I see it:

1. practice
2. experience
3. doping
Doping would be a brilliant addition to the game tbh!

This Post:
278223.21 in reply to 278223.20
Date: 4/6/2016 7:34:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I see it:

1. practice
2. experience
3. doping
Doping would be a brilliant addition to the game tbh!

I think so. We could spend some money to send player to Miami, Doha or Germany during the offseason, or let the do some "ketogenic paleo" diet. That would be really awesome.

This Post:
278223.22 in reply to 278223.1
Date: 4/6/2016 9:00:40 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the current system. Always have.

You are ok with a system that only permits you to train 3 players in a single skill at maximum training points each week? That is only 60% of a starting lineup. For a 15 man roster that leaves 80% of a roster sitting around doing nothing each week.

Can you really not see why there are just as many people who are frustrated with a system like that?

This is the only online sim game I've come across that is so restrictive on its training system. I know there are some BB's around here. Can one of them explain why such a restrictive system was devised in the first place?

Advertisement