297296.13 in reply to 297296.12
Date: 11/27/2018 7:04:39 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
@ khenry:
Other GMs may disagree with me on that point, but I think some communication is better than no communication. Again, especially for rules that are not about money transfer or multi-accounting where abusing it is not a big damage to other teams.

In order to avoid confusion, all GMs should either follow the rules or not. If one or more allow grey areas then this could lead to users such as myself seeing an excuse to discuss GM decisions in the past, with which they may have disagreed. I won't though; I'll follow the rules, even though I disagree with them.

If you, Perpete, would like to make a suggestion that the rule in question be altered, I would wholeheartedly support this. Otherwise, it should be followed by all.

This Post:
297296.16 in reply to 297296.13
Date: 11/28/2018 8:34:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
@ khenry:
Other GMs may disagree with me on that point, but I think some communication is better than no communication. Again, especially for rules that are not about money transfer or multi-accounting where abusing it is not a big damage to other teams.

In order to avoid confusion, all GMs should either follow the rules or not. If one or more allow grey areas then this could lead to users such as myself seeing an excuse to discuss GM decisions in the past, with which they may have disagreed. I won't though; I'll follow the rules, even though I disagree with them.

If you, Perpete, would like to make a suggestion that the rule in question be altered, I would wholeheartedly support this. Otherwise, it should be followed by all.

I could agree with you, but I'd have to ban myself, and maybe Perpete too, and I suppose everyone in this thread. I'd be no big loss, and I'm sure he'd be no big loss either, but ... wait, is there a downside? Hmm.

My personal rule is that I really don't want to discuss specific cases in public. I'll bend over backward to try to discuss it with someone who is actually involved in private if they have questions, and sometimes it's necessary to make reminders of the rules that are obviously in response to specific actions, but I know my laundry smells like my dogs' farts and so I try to not air anyone else's on general principle.

This Post:
297296.17 in reply to 297296.16
Date: 11/29/2018 11:38:10 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Your humour as always is appreciated, though it doesn't really add anything to what's been said.

Its interesting to find myself on the side of a rule which offends me, and the GMs being against it. That being the case why don't you three GMs do something useful and actually press for it to be changed, so that those of us who get bans or other punishments are not actually prevented from ever mentioning it, even as a joke.

I've always wanted to be able to tell everyone I got a forum ban for the words "No, it isn't."