Dribbling Souls
Getting value for my players isn’t a problem for me.🤷🏽‍♂️

This Post:
318174.122 in reply to 318174.118
Date: 2/15/2023 11:08:43 AM
Drakula
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:

What if those two users set some insane max amounts way bigger than player's real value? Again, current price will sky-rocket and nobody else is going to participate in the auction at all.

why would you ever set a max amount you'd consider insane?

there can be various reasons for this but let me list one at least - if userA has 20mil and userB has 2mil, then "insane" would mean differently for the two.

This Post:
318174.123 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 12:50:26 PM
Les loups du Nord
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I voted "yes" but i regret it :
When i read the comments below i agree with them -> it will give (again) an advantage to the team with lots of money. If you give more value to the vote than the comments maybe we can have a try of the new bid system for 2 month and then a new survey of "should we keep the system that way or not?"

Last edited by Cyssarcose at 2/15/2023 1:36:40 PM

This Post:
318174.124 in reply to 318174.122
Date: 2/15/2023 1:06:20 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

What if those two users set some insane max amounts way bigger than player's real value? Again, current price will sky-rocket and nobody else is going to participate in the auction at all.

why would you ever set a max amount you'd consider insane?

there can be various reasons for this but let me list one at least - if userA has 20mil and userB has 2mil, then "insane" would mean differently for the two.

i still don't see the point
if i have 20M and i want to buy a player, i'll buy it with autobid or without it

This Post:
318174.125 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 5:16:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
While it will feel easier to all of us, i fear auto-bidding will introduce a whole host of unintended consequences.

Some of them (in no particular order):
- Creating the best team will be even more about efficiency in generating funds, as opposed to smart management and transfer moves
- Timing and strategy of auction bids is a relatively important part of BB tactics. This feature would eradicate that part of the game.
- The price balance on the market would be disrupted with unpredictable consequences for some of the good BB players in the game.

Is the auction system perfect? No. I would be open to smart reasonable tweaks related to 3min rule, time of auctions etc. Even a single automated bid 1min before initially scheduled end is worth discussing. But a full blown auto-bidding system is way too dangerous IMO.

In general, i think it's better to focus on features that would actually improve the product, rather than change it in an unpredictable and possibly dangerous direction.

This Post:
318174.126 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 5:45:17 PM
Coolsville Comets
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
I am very opposed to the idea: if players are able to auto-bid, it severely lessens the chance of getting a good deal on a player. Being able to get a stronger player for a bit less than their forecasted range can be seen as a way for newer, smaller teams to catch back up, and with an auto-bid system in place, a player setting their max value means that those deals disappear and leave the “budget bidders” up a creek. If a player wants to bid up to a certain amount for a player and no further, he or she should bid that amount if he or she will not be around to see the auction’s resolution.

This Post:
318174.127 in reply to 318174.126
Date: 2/15/2023 6:15:00 PM
Panikaionios
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Great idea finally not to lose a transfer cause is out of your time zone!!!

This Post:
318174.129 in reply to 318174.128
Date: 2/16/2023 1:17:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Quiet frankly, the people against an auto-bidding system are being ridiculous.

One of the main points brought up is how newer/poorer teams would lose the ability to get good deals:
1. No they wouldn't. There are so many great players for lower division teams out there for cheap. If it's limited to one autobid at a time, there will still be plenty of steals on the market for lower division teams.
2. Players should not be going for way under their market value in the first place. Getting such a player because the player is listed at a poor time is basically taking advantage of a loophole. Complaining that a loophole is being fixed is very strange in my opinion.
3. If you are upset about newer teams being at a big disadvantage, there like 5 other ways to better help them out that are largely ignored. Go on to those threads and advocate for those things instead.

I do believe that this system will affect the stronger divisions than the lower divisions, because the amount of DI-tier players is much lower.

The obvious quality of life improvements have already been talked about ad nauseum, and is really why this thread is filled with people saying "no," while the polls show people prefer "yes" - people don't like to state the obvious. I've been playing this game for close to 7 years - the most exhausting and annoying part is always trying to find "the right player at the right price" because of how much of a time commitment it is, on some predetermined schedule. The whole idea that you HAVE to be available at some specific time is so antithetical to what buzzerbeater is - a chill game where you login about once every day or other day on your own time. The truth is, being promoted to a higher division often times is so draining and has the fun almost ruined by the fact that you know you're going to have to spend hours in total in multiple bid wars trying to get your roster up to par.

Some other thoughts on this system:

I do think that transfer prices will, on average, go up because of this change and I think that that is a great thing:
1. Higher transfer prices encourages training your own players, which I think everybody would agree is one of the most fun aspects of this game.
2. Richer teams will initially have an advantage, but it will move money from the rich around much quicker.

One of the possibly unintended consequences of this that should be mentioned is that less bidding wars means less ad-revenue from people constantly refreshing their screen. I don't know how significant it is, but it is something to take into consideration as well.

All-in-all, I understand the hesitancy to not change something if there is a sizeable portion of the userbase against it and that portion of the userbase is passionate about this, and probably log in more often than the rest of the userbase. But to me, this decision is a no-brainer. It'll retain more users by taking away an annoying aspect of the game. It'll retain users as their personal lives get busier. The people upset about not getting a player for $100k cheaper than they normally would will get over it.

This Post:
318174.130 in reply to 318174.129
Date: 2/16/2023 1:39:28 AM
Zira atletich
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Puigmirol lapislázuli
No, thanks

I Will say to my wife: give you a Kiss
And for the face she made i´ll say: maybe 2 kisses?
Well i Kiss the air (10 kisses) and give what you need/want

This Post:
318174.131 in reply to 318174.129
Date: 2/16/2023 3:21:17 AM
Dreamcatcher
A Grupa
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dreamcatcher II
One of the possibly unintended consequences of this that should be mentioned is that less bidding wars means less ad-revenue from people constantly refreshing their screen. I don't know how significant it is, but it is something to take into consideration as well.

I don't think this will be the case. We have to remember, manual bidding will still be the superior way to bid. It gives you more control over the price you pay, it allows you to increase your bid in case someone bids more than you, it increases the odds of you getting the player.

Auto-bidding will mostly be a quality of life improvement, used by managers who cannot be online at a certain time. If you really want a player though, you would still try and be online if possible.

Advertisement