BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
130835.122 in reply to 130835.115
Date: 2/9/2010 3:14:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Iv'e tried that but I'm chasing flags, so only one of these ads is interesting, most of the times. And this one ad doesn't change with every refresh. It sometimes comes up longer than half an hour. Same with transfer ads in "manage my team": right now it shows a guy who's transfer deadline is at 10.33 and I bet he will be there till 10.33...

Last edited by LA-Karangula at 2/9/2010 3:19:24 AM

This Post:
130835.123 in reply to 130835.122
Date: 2/9/2010 3:54:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My suggestion is this: on the transfer list page have a link to ads. This link would be a list of single line ads made by managers that would follow this template:
name idlink age potential position salary notes

for example
Buzz R. Beater 000000 18 star center $3251 terrible player with low inside scoring. great for your team
Ima Gudplayer 000001 23 MVP PG $75345 marvelous JS Stupendous OD

This page would access only players listed for less money than the searching manager had available.

Same with scrimmage ads. On the scrimmages page a link to a list of single line ads made by managers looking for scrimmages following this template:

country flag icon team name division and league notes

USA Hoosiers div. VII league 123 looking for away scrimmage
ENG Lobsterbacks div. II league 22 Oi!

Moderation could be very easy. Any offensive remarks in an ad results in a lifetime ban from using them again.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
130835.124 in reply to 130835.123
Date: 2/9/2010 4:41:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Create a separate forum with transfer ads; Let advertisers pay for transfer ads(in BB money). Rules not followed are fined in BB money. Fines are given in a progressive matter.

Last edited by GM-Rijswijker at 2/9/2010 4:41:22 AM

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
130835.125 in reply to 130835.116
Date: 2/9/2010 5:21:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I mentioned in another post, in this case it would have to be GMs. Whenever we add somebody as a GM, we are giving them the power to make decisions that affect anybody in the game. A large and rapid jump in the number of people we give that power to might solve this particular problem, but would also lead to all sorts of nasty side effects. We try very hard to ensure that cheating cases will end in the same result regardless of which GMs are handling them. It's hard enough to do with a fairly small number of GMs who get supervision and even some training when they're new. A sudden, large jump in the number of GMs would likely make that impossible.

I think this is the first time I ever hear something similar ;)
The more they are the worse they do.. it's funny to hear that, basically I think that if you say that you don't trust in their work or you don't trust in what they can do working all together, awful.

If you are unhappy with what you're getting as a supporter, then of course that's your decision. One of the things we have to accept as developers is that we will not be able to please everybody, no matter how hard we try. I hope we are able to do enough that most people are happy with us, but I have no illusions that everybody will be. It's just impossible with this many people, just like I'd like to respond individually to every one of the 75 people who BB-mail me each day and I cannot.

sorry, but here you're missing the point. I've said I won't renew my supporter not because I don't like supporter's features, indeed I really like them. I'm tired of seeing last minute changes without warning users, I'm tired of BBGlobal which is more likely nazism's censorship caused by some of those strutting GMs and Mods who think to be a sort of godhead, I'm tired of not see a constructive discussion. That's why I don't think I will renew my supporter. It's a problem of communication.

sorry if I bump this point but you did not answer to what I consider the most important think regarding your activity:

Your decision is to close ads and scrimmages threads? reduce forum's activity --> reduce users' time online --> reduce users' involvement --> reduce users --> reduce site advertisement --> reduce money.

I'd like to know what you think about this. I think is pretty important for you and for your business to get the most users you can get and to sell the most supporters you can, and aslo optimize their time online watching advertisement.
I think you don't have to underestimate this point.

This Post:
130835.126 in reply to 130835.125
Date: 2/9/2010 6:30:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm tired of BBGlobal which is more likely nazism's censorship caused by some of those strutting GMs and Mods who think to be a sort of godhead
Ideology has nothing to do with it. That there are cultural differences in what is considered acceptible manner of speaking (writing) is true and something we try to understand. To a certain degree. Choosing your words wisely, avoiding wild accusations and offensive words, can make the difference of censorship and not. Because you don't agree on a given subject does not give you the right to attack users that disagree or GM's/Mods that arrest you for crossing the line. If you think some GM/Mod are abusing their rights, the procedure is to file a complaint to appeals@buzzerbeater.com explaining the situation (with links to forum posts, spam report mail etc).

This Post:
130835.127 in reply to 130835.121
Date: 2/9/2010 6:35:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1)The transfer thread lets you see a bunch at once however not everyone checks it, the new ads force everyone to see your players.

This is good for a seller,but if you have to buy a player,and you doesn't have so much time to being connected to the site,to be forced to open the pages of players who for example could look great in the ads(that shows only the best four skills) with marvellous in handling,driving,jump shot and passing,but is useless because he has atrocious OD and jump range.So you have to wast a lot of time to do it.And you can see in the transfer page actually only two players,if the systems shows you some useless player,you have to lost a lot of time to refresch the pages of the site,overloading the servers and causin black-out of the site.To sell a player with the actual system you need a minute,to buy it you need an age

@ GM-somdetsfinest:You wrote:
2)My suggestion is this: on the transfer list page have a link to ads. This link would be a list of single line ads made by managers that would follow this template:
name idlink age potential position salary notes

for example
Buzz R. Beater 000000 18 star center $3251 terrible player with low inside scoring. great for your team
Ima Gudplayer 000001 23 MVP PG $75345 marvelous JS Stupendous OD

This page would access only players listed for less money than the searching manager had available.

I see that as unfair, often you doesn't have immediatley the money for buying a player,but if you're intersted in one ,you can sell one of the your and find the money to buy your's market objective.But if i could see only weak player,because I have few money(and look that sometimes and in some countries it is difficult to accumulate fastl money),I could lose many occasions to buy good players on the market.

What i want to explain you(intended as all the Global users),is that we doesn't want special rules for us because"We'are bigger". We dislike only very much the new system,and try to change it.We just feel damaged because we have to accept a horrible system instead of a well-doing system(as also Bb-Charles said previously in this thread) because of others communities' moderation problems,that aren't the ours and should have to be resolved in the single communiteis,not banning to everyone to have the old system(as also users of others countries request in their national forums).

We feel also frustrated to be mocked by some user who hasn't any experience in the game and respond with arrogance when some user try to express his ideas,developed with game espereience,without giving any contribute to the discussion.Sometimes we respond badly because we're provocated by someone,I think it's human to do it :D

This Post:
130835.128 in reply to 130835.127
Date: 2/9/2010 7:29:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what your saying is you don't like the new ad system because: 1) It only shows the partial skills of the player, you would prefer if it showed the whole thing 2) that you can only see two players at once. Are these your two major issues with it or is there more?

I think the solution to your issue will come in one of two ways. Either we can all identify which qualities of the new system you guys don't like and we improve it. From the two qualities listed above one possible modification could be to make a page of advertisements as you had suggested with the skills listed out numerically like the set lineup page, simple and universally recognized. Unless we find a way to improve the new system I think BB-Edpu's idea of a global unmoderated forum will come to fruition.

This Post:
130835.129 in reply to 130835.128
Date: 2/9/2010 7:42:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The new system had also other problems,as the visibility of the ads from other users - If i wrote a post in a forum,I know that if I respect the rules,it will remain for everyone want to read that thread,also after the end of auction someone want to make me some offer with bb-mails for that player,with new system I don't know if someone will read my ad,and i know that they will disappear after the end of auction - and the too low fleximibility of the system - I should have the need to sell more players,or to show my whole team on the market for an EB o for a rebuilding of my roster,and with the actual system i can only advertise one player - for example,these are only the first that came in my mind
I knoe BBs are talking with the GMs and are trying to find a better solution maybe also developing the idea of BB-Edju,of an unmoderate thread,that I have to admit was a (not so good in the contents,but good in will) try to make a compromise

P.S. the problems are manily in the transfer system,the scrimmage system is good and can remain for me,also if the old system was easily to use,especially if you haven't any request about it and want only to organize a scrimmage(for example the flag chase)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/9/2010 8:05:05 AM

This Post:
130835.130 in reply to 130835.126
Date: 2/9/2010 11:16:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it seems to me that I've only described what continuosly happen in BBGlobal. Take a look in every single thread of complaints and changes: several messages are deleted, some rightly but some other not. I'm not saying who is doing that and I have said no names..I think I've hitten a nerve, do you have a guilty conscience?
I'm only trying to explain what I think and what I see looking for improve every part of the game, from the communication (which is fundamental) to the GE.

My aim remotely had to do with ideologism, I'm sorry if I've hitten someone of you, but I wanted to clinch that maybe (in the right cases, not ever) you (GMs and Mods) might be more understanding.

Whatever it was a post addressed to Charles, thanks for the answer and continue to have fun with BB.

This Post:
130835.131 in reply to 130835.130
Date: 2/9/2010 8:21:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is you who has not understood. Charles' reply to you had nothing at all to do with supporter features. You even quoted his words which say absolutely nothing about supporter features. It is clear that you are just venting and arguing for the sake of being blustery. Comes off as extremely childish.
Your comments about the GM situation show that you have no experience at all with basic principles of management, which is fine, but you really think about what you berate before doing so. The developers would like to have some semblance of consistency from their GMs. This is a very difficult thing to do given the framework of a faceless pool of online personalities from which to choose. Finding a few reliable, active, capable people to do this volunteer job is difficult enough for a management team that is already pressed for time and resources. The rapid addition of a slew of new, untrained people would undoubtedly cause more problems than it would alleviate. Simply put, they are looking for quality over quantity. If you do not understand this, or continue to question its validity, that is up to you.
As for your last point. I just don't agree. At least not that it will make a major difference in your community. Has the amount of activity in the Italian forums dropped radically? Yesterday there were 32 signups in Italy. That seems like a thriving community to me.

And Steve Karenn, I put that part about the price cutoff simply as a means of filtering the list. Not necessary at all, but the current ad system on your "manage my team" page is also filtered by price. You can always go to the TL to look for players who cost more than you have. I have used the transfer ads about four times in 8 seasons, and have used the scrimmage ads once, and have always managed to buy players and get scrimmages (76 flags and counting!) so I don't really buy your "woe is me" tale of not being able to get players or scrimmages without the ads.

The one part of all of this complaint that I definitely agree with is the placement of the ads in the community section. The transfer ad link should be on the TL page and the scrimmage ad link should be on the scrimmages page. At least in my opinion.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 2/9/2010 9:54:35 PM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
130835.132 in reply to 130835.131
Date: 2/10/2010 5:59:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

And Steve Karenn, I put that part about the price cutoff simply as a means of filtering the list. Not necessary at all, but the current ad system on your "manage my team" page is also filtered by price. You can always go to the TL to look for players who cost more than you have. I have used the transfer ads about four times in 8 seasons, and have used the scrimmage ads once, and have always managed to buy players and get scrimmages (76 flags and counting!) so I don't really buy your "woe is me" tale of not being able to get players or scrimmages without the ads.

The one part of all of this complaint that I definitely agree with is the placement of the ads in the community section. The transfer ad link should be on the TL page and the scrimmage ad link should be on the scrimmages page. At least in my opinion.

You are in a different situation from a great part of the users of the world.You are a national champion in a small and few competitive country,you started from an high division,now and in the past you can win easily again your adversaries and you can have great incomes for the palaece and great sum of money to spend on the market.You need only great players,with a minimum of skills level and when you made a research on TL,you have to choose between few players.I had to fight against over 5000 user,I had to start from 5th division,with many many users which started from a level above than the mine.I can lose a game potentially every week if I fail the tactic,so my fans don't go always to the palace,and it's difficult to have many money.I had to improve my team almost only by training,and searching some ocasion to sell my players on the market with an high price and and buying with low prices,searching between a lot of players with similar levels who can really be the better for me,pehaps searching the details between guards with the same level of JS-Jr who has a slighlty better level in IS,PAs or Free throws
Transfer ads was a great way to optimize my time on the market,and was extremely easy and fast to use,why I should renounce to it or to a similar system?

Advertisement