BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
276706.122 in reply to 276706.121
Date: 2/17/2016 11:12:49 PM
Cassville Yuck
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
How anyone doesn't agree with the above sentiment I have no idea. It's not rocket science. It really comes down to potential and skill value. I use a system when evaluating a prospect. It is based off counting backwards from 12 on all skills with time it takes to train to hit twelve as a factor. There can be major differences in 55TSP 18 year olds.

This Post:
276706.123 in reply to 276706.115
Date: 2/18/2016 1:13:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The second question i have answered a few times, but i believe i did provide good analysis as far as what the other coaches would do once i got involved midway through the campaign. The whole 'what is the other team likely to try to do' is pretty easy when you analyze their position. It's an argument of "Hey, this US team has guards and bigs with 20 IS, what am i gonna do?". They're going to do what they did against italy. In all seriousness though, some teams are playing for the finals, and some teams are run by u21 managers seeking to put themselves in a position to say "look i've done something useful". Those are the easier calls for me to be right on, because i can say "They're going to go all in with a guess of inside and a CT", and it's hard not to be right. There were two games where we probably could've made a different call, but we won the first one and lost the second one, and thats the end of that pretty much (and to be fair, we had HCA and it didn't particularly matter).

Promoting "specific builds" isn't really a way to get ahead of the curve. In some cases it's different approaches to games (the difference between a proper LP and an LI for example), in others it's about solving a depth issue by taking a slightly SF and running out a third guard to aid in ball movement and clock control. Getting ahead of the curve requires revisiting how to obtain a higher percentage buy-in amongst managers. The more people contributing more players and information, the better the team is.

This Post:
276706.124 in reply to 276706.110
Date: 2/18/2016 1:20:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know your build path enough to properly advise on what you want, and what the current NT team is looking for in future talents. I'd much rather get them to buy into OnevOne @ FW until either we've talked about the build path from the u21 to the NT, or talked about what you want out of players versus what i would want out of their first four seasons. Anything else i would really say here would be a shot in the dark and dishonest, given that i've worked extensively with 18-23 year old talents in the majority of my seasons and haven't owned a NT player yet.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
276706.132 in reply to 276706.131
Date: 2/18/2016 4:37:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I feel like our candidates are selling the USA managers kettle drums with all this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLt6I5zCjI

Watch the crack addicts EPK, they will cut you.

Last edited by tetrahydroc at 2/18/2016 4:39:18 AM

Advertisement