BB Global (English) > NBA FINALS!

NBA FINALS!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
279850.122 in reply to 279850.120
Date: 6/22/2016 12:26:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's a fine line between playing with help. (Or in Wolph's scenario of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant, 2 players drafted by the same team.) Between playing with help, and communicating throughout a season, and making plans to take pay cuts to play together and form a super team.

Larry Bird was not out there on a golf course (because he loves golf) with McHale and Parish when they were playing for a different team going "Guys, let's all take pay cuts and play together".

Lol, of course they weren't, cause they were already playing together. Your comparing apples to oranges. I also love how, people hold the Cav's front office moves, against Lebron. The best player they brought in to help was a 80 year old Shaq. I'm sure it would have been different if Lebron and Cavs would have continued to struggle, allowing themselves to be in the lottery, year after year. I mean, lets be fair about building a team around him, until D'wade and Bosh. He didn't get to play with another top 10 draftee, other than Luke Jackson year 2 at pick 10(who?). So the blame, your putting on him, isn't really fair. Litterly over night, he took Cleveland from Lottery to out of the Lottery. 5 years into Jordan's compain, they were still drafting as low as 8.... when they traded up to get Scotty Pippen, but yes, please hold that against Lebron too.

This Post:
279850.123 in reply to 279850.122
Date: 6/22/2016 5:06:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
When leBron was drafted they had some players that were of a decent caliber, but they did not decide to stick around.

Rickey Davis
Carlos Boozer

and while Darius Miles is and will always be a bust. LeBron made Miles look good.

What can I say. I'm more of a purist when it comes to sports. I guess this is what happens when someone of my generation tries to talk and such with people of a (presumably?) younger generation.

Course...LeBron did make the front office get rid of Delonte West. LeBron had reasons. He felt they were valid. I think in the grand scheme of how most people would handle it he did quite well.

But if you try and say LeBron has 0 impact on the front office decisions. *buzzer sound effect* nice try.

Now. this thread really should die. There's bb-mail if would like to preach to me more, without bumping a thread that should be dead and retired.

Last edited by RamenQueen at 6/22/2016 5:09:13 AM

This Post:
279850.126 in reply to 279850.125
Date: 6/23/2016 5:05:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lebron is simply the best all around player in the league. Not even close.

Put him on this year's 76er team and they would probably just miss the playoffs.