This Post:
282669.124 in reply to 282669.118
Date: 12/10/2016 8:09:21 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
How is a salary increase that hits everyone the same decreasing the dominance of LI teams?

The question is that I don't think this is true. LI teams have more guards with high IS, and LI teams have more PFs with high OD playing as SF, SG and even PG.
So globally LI teams have more players affected.
But in the end, the dominance of LI teams will still depend on users. Anyone can still build a winner LI team, but now you should pay more for it.

This Post:
282669.125 in reply to 282669.122
Date: 12/10/2016 8:19:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you are just denying obvious evidence.
lol no you just want to pass opinions as facts and provided 'evidence' with limited context once again

Take any 31-33 yo
Take only the 33yo. It should be abundantly clear players can receive training at 30 and 31, although it's not much. Most of the players who are in a guard formula despite having high IS would need to get to 11 potential to get capped, therefore most of them respond to training.

And of course the changes are not only for IS, but it is the main component of the salary increase.
That's a reasonable statement, but it's not what was discussed here. The discussion was about LI guards impact to which you replied with examples claiming it was between 5% and 8.8% clearly qualifying your selection based on IS.

The change appears to have an impact on other secondaries (most likely at least RB) on guards not just IS as you don't get a discernible pattern based on IS for players with similar but different IS, especially in the 6-8 bracket. Note that I'm not saying they increased the contribution of RB or ID, it might well be that they decreased it, but they must have changed or some primaries must have changed.

The salary changes for 33yo guards I've checked are anywhere from -4% to +7% but it's clearly not dependent on IS alone.
And since the rest of the inside skills are usually a lot lower, it's entirely possible that the change equally affected other inside skills but you see IS as the largest contributor because you selectively picked your sample and other inside skills are not usually that high. There are no guards with 6 IS and 17 RB, so this is very difficult to check for other inside skills at the levels you checked for IS. Do you follow?

But I guess you would still deny them since you are trolling on this subject since the beginning.
Not really, I'm very confident that the updated values will be accurate as they were in the past, but you have already changed the bet from "IS is the reason" to "IS is the most important cause".

Also calling someone troll on the forums is a breach of the game manual apparently for which I received warnings before. Foto?

Stop talking about a declining 38 yo player, whom you don't know the decimals and you guess his new salary based on a formula (which never had been precise to 2-4% as you claim by the way, especially for uncommon players).
Ok. I'll be the adult here and drop Chaperon. I just want to remark that nobody has explained rationally how suddenly the estimate is off by so much even assuming Foto was completely wrong about the sub 50k statement (60.3k/56.4k*1.08-1=15.5%).

Also it's worth noting once and for all that a player like Chaperon is easier to achieve than other builds with a lot of outside power (and notably 20 or more OD). There were at least 3 HoF draftees at 6'5'' and 6'6'' last season for whom that build was achievable in training simulators. Normally I can't get to my goals in the simulators or the player caps if I test distinctly outside oriented builds for 6'0'' players...

Last edited by Lemonshine at 12/10/2016 8:25:35 AM

To: Foto
This Post:
282669.126 in reply to 282669.124
Date: 12/10/2016 8:28:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
From my S5 i had 3 players that did not get training last saison.
PG had a salary raise 90 to 93k
SF had a salary raise 109k to 116k
C had a salary raise 156k to 165k (sold)
SG and PF had training and had a 15k raise each.
So in total approximately 5% raise on all positions due to the change.

So now you are telling me either:
1. I run a LI team and thats why the raise is justified or
2. B3 LI teams had a significantly higher raise in team salary than me

From my point of view it is clearly you who is in the wrong here and i dare you to show facts to prove your point.

This Post:
282669.127 in reply to 282669.121
Date: 12/10/2016 8:41:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Season news are always very/too late - obviously that does not bother the owners, otherwise it would of changed.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282669.129 in reply to 282669.128
Date: 12/10/2016 8:56:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Season news are always very/too late - obviously that does not bother the owners, otherwise it would of changed.

But never so late....I just think is Marin's job to do this and that maybe something happened is his real life,because today he has been not logged.

Christmas shopping maybe - it does not worry me he is not online on a saturday. There are other guys that could release the info, unfortunately this does not seem to be a high priority...

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
282669.132 in reply to 282669.126
Date: 12/10/2016 9:44:47 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
There is one point you miss here. You are talking about % raise or decrease taking into account last season salaries, but this is not 100% right. Each new season, global salaries are readjusted so even without any change in any formula, a player with no training won't have the same salary as the previous season. So this 5% could have been an 8%, for example.
On the other hand, I don't know your player's skills, so I can't tell you if you are a LI team or not, but just tell me if I am wrong guessing that your SF has more IS as your PG.
I know mine though, and the ones who were inside oriented have a higher salary as expected and the ones outside oriented a lower one. You don't know their skills and I am not going to put them here, so I can't prove anything either.
Well, I can put Chaperon skills (all seem to know them), who is a player supporting my theory, but I don't know if you believe more in Marin or in BM.

Advertisement