Suggestions > Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
67212.123 in reply to 67212.65
Date: 1/7/2009 5:35:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Michael Jordan can prolly play any position in basketball.

Sure, he has good post moves, yet the bulls never played him at center. I wonder why?

Two words: Luc Longley!

Oh, and to stay on topic, I don't mind training the way it is now. It's tough to build SFs, but the market rewards it accordingly.

This Post:
67212.125 in reply to 67212.2
Date: 1/7/2009 6:28:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And second, it would let us put a C/PF or PG/SG at SF for a game or two to train out of position instead of doing something more extreme, like having to play a PG at C/PF to, say, train up shot blocking or rebounding.
That's my point. If the SF training would be that omnipotent, it would damage the balance (we can argue how much balance there currently is but at least some). Especially if SF training would provide reasonable traing for outside defence and inside defense at the same time many players would choose that training not only for future SFs but for other positions too, making defenisve squads more common and thus unbalanced the game as it is now (and there are theories that defense in BB is mroe trained than offense even now reasulting in lower FG% than managers expected). The same with other attributes if they could be trained more easier for SF than now. It would inflate those skills. I don't want to see a day where whole starting five on many teams are all small forwards.

This Post:
67212.126 in reply to 67212.6
Date: 1/7/2009 6:39:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
since we have a "jumper for forwards" training option that is actually 50% IS and 50% JS, I can't see where's the problem in having a "defense for small forwards" training option that is 50% ID and 50% OD.
Because it would be used massively. And excessively maybe. Everybody sane would consider it. It would be unbelieveably easy way to make all-around players.

This Post:
67212.128 in reply to 67212.127
Date: 1/8/2009 5:53:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
if the player is 18-19 yo, otherwise the time is much longer.

vavavuma

This Post:
67212.129 in reply to 67212.125
Date: 1/8/2009 7:33:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And second, it would let us put a C/PF or PG/SG at SF for a game or two to train out of position instead of doing something more extreme, like having to play a PG at C/PF to, say, train up shot blocking or rebounding.
That's my point. If the SF training would be that omnipotent, it would damage the balance (we can argue how much balance there currently is but at least some). Especially if SF training would provide reasonable traing for outside defence and inside defense at the same time many players would choose that training not only for future SFs but for other positions too, making defenisve squads more common and thus unbalanced the game as it is now (and there are theories that defense in BB is mroe trained than offense even now reasulting in lower FG% than managers expected). The same with other attributes if they could be trained more easier for SF than now. It would inflate those skills. I don't want to see a day where whole starting five on many teams are all small forwards.

Excuse me,and what's the problem?It's better than to have players with level 16/10 in jump shot and jump range and level 3 in outside defence...

This Post:
67212.130 in reply to 67212.129
Date: 1/8/2009 8:51:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I think you know my thoughts on this subject.

But i want to see a return to faster training speeds... if you are talking about change that will effect our long term decisions then the decision to create potentials and thus capping growth on top trainees by their 23rd birthday killed off every ambitious managers domination dreams that invested in the best trainees money could buy.

You quashed the plans of creating quadruple prodigious players (after we calculate you need 18yo with at least 5/6 respecatables to do this) by implementing potentials which effectively means 'sorry we aren't going to let you grow these players beyond triple wondrous so other teams can keep pace with you and sorry you paid a massive premium for a better trainee because now even players 2 years older can grow to the same level as your guy if given a few weeks more training when your guy hits his soft cap.

Adding a few sensible training options to help create better players (more challenging opponents) surely cant be detrimental to the game. 1) They will still have the same potential skill soft caps as any other player and 2) It will spice up a slowly stagnating transfer market where you can all but predict the weekly free agents and not quite well enough trained dross that is trying to be sold off on the market.

This Post:
67212.131 in reply to 67212.129
Date: 1/8/2009 9:09:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's exactly the problem. See, everybody thinks so.

This Post:
67212.133 in reply to 67212.132
Date: 1/8/2009 10:32:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for being personal. I guess BB-Forrest (it is his theory) will appreciate it.

Advertisement