This Post:
319331.125 in reply to 319331.1
Date: 6/4/2023 10:08:15 PM
Ann Arbor Wolverines
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Clayton Bears
I am late to this topic so I’m not sure if anyone will still monitor the replies, but some mentioned earlier on that they would like to hear from homegrown managers so I figured that I’d provide a basketball perspective (not just Buzzerbeater). As someone that is attempting to compete through the homegrown route, I find this conversation thoroughly intriguing. I still haven't reached the peak of a mature homegrown team as I have one player that I transferred in 5+ seasons ago (they will be transferring out in the next couple of seasons) and the majority of my team’s “core” is between the ages of 20-25. I think Plan A would be a welcome sight but I understand why some users are concerned with change. Let me explain my stance below.

I have read through many forums in my time playing BB and there is often an argument that the game ought to be more realistic. I believe that implementing either of these plans would be a large step towards doing so. In real life professional leagues, we do not see teams load up on 3 young players at one position because there are simply not enough resources and, more importantly, playing time to go between these players for them to develop and reach their potential. Instead, we see teams try to pair young players together that will ultimately hit their prime ages around the same time. For instance, in this year’s NBA Finals we are seeing Nikola Jokic (28, C) and Jamal Murray (26, G). The Nuggets did what many teams do, try to find pieces that fit together and are in the same age range. The way that the game is currently set up, it would be nearly impossible to replicate what teams do in real life if they attempted to draft and develop guards, forwards, and centers at the same time while allowing them to train what is necessary for their particular positions.

My main concern is that users that are quick to shut down these ideas are casting the homegrown route aside and it will never be viable in terms of trying to win championships at the highest level of this game. If everyone is truly in favor of diversity in this game, then there should be more acceptance of a variety of paths that can followed to reach that goal. Even with the implementation of either of these plans, there will be teams that want to "win-now" and do not want to exercise the patience required to train players for 10-15 seasons in order to go the homegrown route. I do not believe that the transfer list will dry up at all for this exact reason. Most teams would continue to operate as they have been until training and following a homegrown model prove to have success on a bigger stage. It would be great to see a Buzzerbeater environment where we have teams winning while using the draft, the transfer list, or a combination of both as we see the different philosophies implemented in real life. At the moment the first option hasn’t produced profound results.

I am not even certain that either of these plans are the best options available. I am certainly not the type of person that would be able to devise a better plan. However, I believe that introducing different ways to win in this game would make it better and more competitive. We are all trying to grow the game of Buzzerbeater and that should be in every player’s best interest. Additionally, I believe that any new system could be picked up by all users and it wouldn’t be too complicated as long as it is explained correctly and players are properly educated on whichever system is in effect. This game is already not the “easiest” simulation game out there and players have been able to adapt to new features and changes to the game.

Message deleted
This Post:
319331.129 in reply to 319331.127
Date: 6/7/2023 11:41:28 AM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
Training is already slow anyways, I don’t see a point decreasing training speed

This Post:
319331.130 in reply to 319331.129
Date: 6/7/2023 8:43:38 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope this is not bait but training is so fast these days that player values are grossly deflated.

This Post:
319331.131 in reply to 319331.130
Date: 6/7/2023 9:16:19 PM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
I would have to disagree, training speed is definitely slow in this game. By game standards it maybe fast, but real life it take so much time. That’s where complaints and training suggestions come from imo… it’s not bait at all nor trolling

This Post:
319331.133 in reply to 319331.132
Date: 6/8/2023 1:49:59 AM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
Agreed, I don’t see any problems with the current speed. But decreasing training speed is a bad idea all together imo. Just an observation from others that supports changes in the training methods

Last edited by Managed by a computerized player at 6/8/2023 1:51:21 AM

This Post:
319331.134 in reply to 319331.131
Date: 6/8/2023 1:56:27 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
How much faster do you want it to go? 30-40 pops a season? Capping HOFs at 24? Right now with youth trainer and gym you can even touch 20 pops - my 19 year old trainee had 19 pops last season. You can easily cap a HoF at 27 years old now. Sure, real life players might hit their peak way earlier, like Wade winning FMVP at 24, D Rose winning MVP at 22, Duncan winning FMVP at 22... But all of them had really high starting skills to begin with - they were NBA ready from the start. But if you want to compare it to real life - which NT in real life is made up of 12-15 HOFs in their prime? And how many do we have in BB? That's proof that training has become too fast - every where you turn in BB, you see a HOF.

The training of BB has come a long way since the era where everyone shares the same trainer and level 10 was the highest level (but it's effectiveness is equivalent to level 5 today). They boosted the training speed by adding 2 more levels to trainers, implemented elastic effects and cross training (which iirc did not exist earlier in the game) to speed up training further, brought in stuff like youth trainers and gym to give you even more pops, introduced training court so you don't need to waste time training and nutritionists so that you don't have to waste time training stamina if your level is high enough (level 6 can also give you stamina pops because of cross training).

Frankly speaking, the complaints aren't justified. Everyone just wants instant glorification - it's a result of today's fast paced life I guess. But has anyone who complained looked at the consequences? Player value has tanked so bad that it's not worth it to train - increasing the training speed will increase the supply of highly trained players on the market - and with a huge supply, their value will suffer. Good for the people who buy their way to victory (which, afaik is what the developers have always wanted to prevent), but for any trainer who don't eventually use their trainee, it is not worth the hassle.

That said, I do agree with you that training speed shouldn't be decreased - not because it's slow but it will make people leave the game coz they don't know it's already too fast. But then, the training speed today is by no means slow. It shouldn't have been so fast in the first place.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 6/8/2023 1:59:54 AM

This Post:
319331.135 in reply to 319331.134
Date: 6/8/2023 2:05:43 AM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
I guess we can agree to disagree lol, but I think the speed is at okay pace. Managers just want some variation in training I guess? To a certain extent we are saying the same thing but worded differently. To be honest I am okay with the current training system, although it does kinda suck you can train up to 3 of same players. Which isn’t a bad thing neither but it’d be cool you go in a different direction for the others

Advertisement