BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.127 in reply to 277748.126
Date: 4/17/2016 1:31:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe you can ask The GM's to start treating your posts with 100 acceptance though if you like and you'll very fast see the difference from now and then.

Oh come on now. Seriously? If we're going to have an honest conversation you can do better than that. Throwing sarcasm into a thread does nothing to elevate the conversation.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 4/17/2016 1:34:30 PM

This Post:
277748.129 in reply to 277748.124
Date: 4/17/2016 1:41:23 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
So what is it that makes the majority clearly see that invisible line and stay under it and some few repeatedly keep going over it?

Who says the majority clearly see the invisible line? Apart from the fact that the vast majority of people don't even see the forum I could just as easily say most people are more tolerant of unfairness than others, or they probably don't see the possibility of saying anything making any difference whatsoever.

I know I have seen Perpete say that GM"s are not perfect and make mistakes just like any other user will. And that will never change.

I can't really say anything about Perpete here and how he relates to something that happened with me, because of course I'm not allowed to. However, what I will say is, when a GM does make a mistake, not only is he capable of not admitting his own mistake, but other GMs who enter the same thread also don't admit his mistake (probably because they don't read the conversation and just assume the GM is right), and then add to it by "teaming up" against the user who is being wronged.

That would have been so much easier to say if I was allowed to comment on GM's decisions don't you think?

By the way, I think its a fairly common problem that GMs tend to team up to beat down a particular user. I believe it would be much fairer if once a GM has involved himself as a GM in a thread, then other GMs should stay out it. (Barring an appeal of course.) Ending up in conversations with three people at once tends to become confusing and certainly to making you feel outnumbered.

This Post:
277748.131 in reply to 277748.130
Date: 4/17/2016 2:02:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There was not a single ounce of sarcasm in that. If your having trouble seeing the line I'm sure they gladly will help you finding it.
A veiled threat is unbecoming of you. Too much of the business of the bosses is already done that way.

But honestly I think your smart enough to see it your self
Of course, I'm smart enough to know it is purely imaginary. It is whatever a boss feels like on that day. If he had a fight with his wife, look out everybody! If he got laid, anything goes.

This Post:
277748.133 in reply to 277748.132
Date: 4/17/2016 2:19:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There was no threat either. Sure I got the MOD powers but it's absolutely not up to me on where to set the line. And I'm sure you'll see I have a lot higher line then 100 in the majority of cases.
Seems I may have been wrong on the smart part though, oh well at least I tried.

Doubling down on the sarcasm, ad hominem attack ... you have completely derailed a constructive conversation.

I still hope that the bosses review this process. Having imaginary, ever-changing standards of conduct is no way to run a website.

This Post:
277748.136 in reply to 277748.135
Date: 4/17/2016 3:35:55 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I think your putting all the GM's over the edge at once without even knowing more then a small portion of them. Seems pretty unfair to me.

I respectfully disagree. I believe they're all capable of making mistakes and I think they consistently read single posts out of context and act accordingly. (Probably through lack of time admittedly.) I don't think they're all over the edge as you put it, nor do I think I've said that.

The majority of posters in the forums sees rhe line and stays under it then. Is that better? Or they just know how to behave and don't see the line. I don't know which one is right in most cases. But still the majority never gets into trouble at all.

I know how to behave thanks, and I don't think I really need lessons in it from you, or anyone else here for that matter.

I edited this into rhe wrong post before and was supposed to be in my last reply to you:
" You also talked about the part where first time breaking the rule is treated differently. But doesn't that make perfect sense?
If a new user does something wrong he will get a warning instead of a possible forum ban. If he repeats that though that ban will come flying his way. And it will be larger until the GM's see that he either can play by the rules or can't play by the rules. Then he gets a real long ban.

I wasn't talking about a new user as such, but yes, I should think its logical that if two people insult each other, the one who says the worse thing deserves a longer ban, no matter what they've done before.

If you haven't learned by the time you get a 1000 day ban or something like that I don't think you ever will. Do you?"

I've never been banned, nor do I expect to be. That doesn't alter the fact that if I was, and I felt it was wrong, I should be able to post about it.

Advertisement