BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Small Forwards' ratings.

Small Forwards' ratings.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
110979.13 in reply to 110979.11
Date: 9/25/2009 6:12:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Broekman has had 16 games in a row with 10.0+ and the in the finals he scored a 9.5 and a 8.5. This makes the point that Arabian knight made stronger.

The same player can get higher ratings according to enthusiasm but also the opponents. A team with a very strong SF in a lower division can probably play TIE more often, thus higher ratings. Consequently, since that team will get higher scores (blowouts & such) , that player plays less minutes which again increases the rating.

However, if that same player is a starter in a very strong league, he will play against harder opponents, stay in the court more minutes and the team probably has less enthusiasm, so the SF rating go down.

Or am I entirely wrong about this reasoning?

This Post:
110979.14 in reply to 110979.13
Date: 9/25/2009 6:35:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Broekman has had 16 games in a row with 10.0+ and the in the finals he scored a 9.5 and a 8.5. This makes the point that Arabian knight made stronger.

The same player can get higher ratings according to enthusiasm but also the opponents. A team with a very strong SF in a lower division can probably play TIE more often, thus higher ratings. Consequently, since that team will get higher scores (blowouts & such) , that player plays less minutes which again increases the rating.

However, if that same player is a starter in a very strong league, he will play against harder opponents, stay in the court more minutes and the team probably has less enthusiasm, so the SF rating go down.

Or am I entirely wrong about this reasoning?

You are right,but there's nothing of something new in it :D

This Post:
110979.15 in reply to 110979.13
Date: 9/25/2009 9:28:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The same player can get higher ratings according to enthusiasm but also the opponents. A team with a very strong SF in a lower division can probably play TIE more often, thus higher ratings.

i think it is a think about mentality, many of the top teams take care of an high enthusiam, and very few team play ever tie(which is i think not good, ins ome rare leagues it could make sense if you spot only one rival). Also top team sometime have it easier to reach the high enthusiam because they are in average longer in the cup, and mostly play tie in them.

Consequently, since that team will get higher scores (blowouts & such) , that player plays less minutes which again increases the rating.

I don't see higher rating after blowouts(till fourth quarter the minutes are nearly the same, and i believe he get mcuh energie back in the quarter breaks), and till that the minutes are pretty the same so i don't beieve that will advance. Also this only counts for superior teams in their leagues, and having a good sf doesn't mean that this is true, because you field 5 players.
Maybe even the SF rest longer in a top team, because you have an better backup who will get more minutes.

overall i think with similiar gs and enthusiam the player will perform as good in league 3 then 1 only looking at the rating, for stats i believe league 3 will give him an advantage.

This Post:
110979.16 in reply to 110979.13
Date: 9/25/2009 11:30:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

This I can see, but the fact that it is a higher division is purely coincidental to the cause.
The lower enthusiasm and more minutes (depending on stamina) are the cause for lower rating. So while it is common for the scenarios you mention to happen in stronger leagues and higher divisions, a player with high enthusiasm and low minutes (depending on stamina) will have a higher rating than one with low stamina and copious minutes, given equal skills and game shapes no matter what league or division they play in. That's what I think anyway.

Last season my highest rated games (both team and player) game against the two best teams in the division.
(13510927)
(13510919)
(15106201)

All three of these games came in a row. You can see that I played the same team twice. He Crunch Timed in both games while I normaled the first game and CT'd the second. My players rated much better than his in the second game.

Right after those games my enthusiasm was much lower and I had a miserable game against a lower quality opponent.
(15079482)

From these games it seems to me that enthusiasm, game shape, stamina, and skills are what affect the player rating, not opponent.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 9/25/2009 11:33:02 AM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
110979.17 in reply to 110979.16
Date: 9/25/2009 3:11:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

This I can see, but the fact that it is a higher division is purely coincidental to the cause.

it'sno purely coincidental,because in higher league you will find better players,but generalkly you have the reason

This Post:
110979.18 in reply to 110979.16
Date: 9/25/2009 9:07:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

From these games it seems to me that enthusiasm, game shape, stamina, and skills are what affect the player rating, not opponent.

I do not think that is true and the evidence you provide does not prove it at all.

I do think the opponent has an important effect on player ratings as well as tactics.

Same player with same stamina and GS facing a much more better opponent with a defense tactic that undermines him and an offensive rival tactic focused to explote this will definetively have an impact on his contribution to the team performance.

This Post:
110979.19 in reply to 110979.18
Date: 9/25/2009 9:34:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not saying that it won't affect his contribution. I have seen guys score 9 points and grab 3 rebounds in 35 minutes yet still get a 12.0 rating. I don't actually see a big correlation between rating and statistics, and while I understand in real life that statistics are an inadequate measure of a player's peformance, I don't think this GE rates screens, hustle plays, help defense, or other intangible plays.

Most of my games are played against poor competition.My players rate higher when they play more minutes against better players. How does this fit in with the opponent-driven ratings belief?

This Post:
110979.20 in reply to 110979.19
Date: 9/25/2009 9:57:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not saying that it won't affect his contribution. I have seen guys score 9 points and grab 3 rebounds in 35 minutes yet still get a 12.0 rating. I don't actually see a big correlation between rating and statistics, and while I understand in real life that statistics are an inadequate measure of a player's peformance, I don't think this GE rates screens, hustle plays, help defense, or other intangible plays.

Most of my games are played against poor competition.My players rate higher when they play more minutes against better players. How does this fit in with the opponent-driven ratings belief?

I would need to look at GS of your players and rivals and have an idea of the enthusiasm, also considering player skills.

Does anybody else have the feeling that their players have better Ratings when facing good rivals than poor ones?

This Post:
110979.21 in reply to 110979.20
Date: 9/25/2009 10:58:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not that I think better rivals make better ratings. It's that I think that skills, enthusiasm, and GS are far more important than opponent in determining the player rating. Because I have generally poor competition I can plan ahead for tough games and get optimal enthusiasm and GS for those games, which is what the Dutch guy was saying. In those games I showed I played TIE, N, CT and then arcade mode. My player ratings went up, up, up, then down. the competition went from good to very good then very good again then okay. My worst player ratings were in the last game against the worst competition with the lowest enthusiasm. I understand that this example represents a very small sample size but it does seem to point out that the opponent's effect is minimal compared to the other factors.

This Post:
110979.22 in reply to 110979.19
Date: 9/26/2009 7:51:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

In fact there isn't a big correlation between the statistics of a game and the ratings,but in the range of 1-2 points the performance in a single game influences rating

And the Ge rates "intangible" plays because it rates the defence which causes these intangible plays.If you see the rating of a great shooters there are poor defenders,you can see that's it's almost the same of the rating of medium level players which are equilibrated in skills

(656282)

He is a legendary shooter with high distance an phenomenal or legendari driving and handling,but his rating it's not so high because of his poor defence

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 9/26/2009 7:53:37 AM

This Post:
110979.23 in reply to 110979.21
Date: 9/26/2009 12:53:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not that I think better rivals make better ratings. It's that I think that skills, enthusiasm, and GS are far more important than opponent in determining the player rating. Because I have generally poor competition I can plan ahead for tough games and get optimal enthusiasm and GS for those games, which is what the Dutch guy was saying. In those games I showed I played TIE, N, CT and then arcade mode. My player ratings went up, up, up, then down. the competition went from good to very good then very good again then okay. My worst player ratings were in the last game against the worst competition with the lowest enthusiasm. I understand that this example represents a very small sample size but it does seem to point out that the opponent's effect is minimal compared to the other factors.

I don't think that are far more important. I have some experience in NTs and even if I haven't measured this, I have the feeling that the Ratings obtained in NTs are consistently lower that the Ratings obtained in their teams. Usually because NT opponents tend to be tougher than the league ones.

Last edited by Zero, the Magi. at 9/27/2009 9:24:51 PM

Advertisement