BB USA > Forum Behavior

Forum Behavior

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
241350.13 in reply to 241350.12
Date: 5/6/2013 4:16:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your post is very interesting. I would like to see some examples of this "unprofessional" and "clique based" management. I would particularly like to see some of the decisions made to protect a certain team's interests first too. These are pretty serious accusations, and not something I myself have been witness to. I think those are some pretty serious accusations to make toward the developers of this game, and I'm certain you wouldn't have said something like that without having the information and examples to back it up. I'm just curious, since I've been around here for a while and haven't seen anything remotely close to what you describe.

Last edited by yeppers at 5/6/2013 4:17:28 PM

This Post:
241350.14 in reply to 241350.13
Date: 5/6/2013 7:07:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I second this. I personally have not seen any evidence of this either. The worst I could personally say is that the developers don't seem to have too much urgency(for lack of a better word) to fix/improve the game. I would agree that something is lacking and my interest in the game is also waning, but I haven't seen any evidence of some of the things you said.

Last edited by adchester at 5/6/2013 7:23:45 PM

This Post:
241350.15 in reply to 241350.14
Date: 5/7/2013 7:08:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I second this. I personally have not seen any evidence of this either. The worst I could personally say is that the developers don't seem to have too much urgency(for lack of a better word) to fix/improve the game. I would agree that something is lacking and my interest in the game is also waning, but I haven't seen any evidence of some of the things you said.

I think it's not the lack of urgency, but the lack of man-hours at this point. There just aren't enough BBs actively working on the game to both fix all the bugs that regularly arise AND actively develop new features.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
241350.16 in reply to 241350.15
Date: 5/7/2013 9:22:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are probably right with your man hour assessment but that is even more troubling than the option of them not caring. If this is a business, which I think we can safely say it is, then we the customers (supporter or not) have the opportunity to voice our complaints about the product. Our voice is becoming more and more unheeded based on the feedback (or lack thereof) seen in the "Ask the BBs" forum thread. This is leading to frustration from myself and I've only been here for 5 seasons. Im sure those that have been here longer and have invested more time and money into this product are much more frustrated than I am. When there are people that appear to be beating the system and no apparent action is being taken and no visible attention is being paid by the developers to the customer that is what leads to threads like this one and the one that preceded this one.

The GMs are the only leadership that can be "seen" by the customers. Therefore that are bearing the brunt of the frustration. I think that until there is more invested into this product by the BBs we are going to continue to see this frustration shown on the forums because the communication to the top is nonexistent.

This Post:
241350.17 in reply to 241350.16
Date: 5/7/2013 3:58:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Our voice is becoming more and more unheeded based on the feedback (or lack thereof) seen in the "Ask the BBs" forum thread.

I'm not sure our feedback was ever heavily "heeded". Looking back to the first beta season it seemed this game had potential to be amazing, mostly because it felt like our opinions were valued. Maybe they were, maybe not. Only the initial founders know.

Whether I agree with the actions that were taken, it does seem that they try to make data driven decisions. Where i would have taken the game and where it has gone are different directions, but that's what you get when you're the decider.

I'm not sure this game ever really had a great chance of taking off to a successfully level that met or surpassed the game it was modeled after, Hattrick. That game has also been in decline over the last few years. I still think BuzzerBeater had much more potential from a gameplay POV due to the game experience.

The problem is BB seems to be little more then a side project for a couple people and it is no longer the center of their focus. If the decisions were being made from the ground up, with success being a necessity for the owners than maybe it would be different, maybe not. Of course, all of this IMHO.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
241350.18 in reply to 241350.15
Date: 5/7/2013 4:45:11 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
I think it's not the lack of urgency, but the lack of man-hours at this point. There just aren't enough BBs actively working on the game to both fix all the bugs that regularly arise AND actively develop new features.

Then maybe they should put less time into actively developing new features? At least for the time being.
Also, once the integrity of the game is gone, nothing else they do really matters.

This Post:
241350.19 in reply to 241350.18
Date: 5/7/2013 4:47:49 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
Person 1: "Hey, the roof is caving in & the basement is filling with water."
Person 2: "Oh, don't worry about it. What do you think of the new curtains I just added to the sunroom?"
Person 1: "Radical! I don't even care about not having a roof anymore!"

NEW FEATURES RULE!

This Post:
241350.20 in reply to 241350.17
Date: 5/7/2013 5:18:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Our voice is becoming more and more unheeded based on the feedback (or lack thereof) seen in the "Ask the BBs" forum thread.

I'm not sure our feedback was ever heavily "heeded". Looking back to the first beta season it seemed this game had potential to be amazing, mostly because it felt like our opinions were valued. Maybe they were, maybe not. Only the initial founders know.

I guess I was just basing my statement on the fact that 2 seasons ago the "Ask the BBs" thread had many more questions that were answered within a few weeks of the thread being created and now last year's thread is a joke in this year's thread.

The problem is BB seems to be little more then a side project for a couple people and it is no longer the center of their focus. If the decisions were being made from the ground up, with success being a necessity for the owners than maybe it would be different, maybe not. Of course, all of this IMHO

I agree this is just a side project, but with all the advertising they have done and securing the deal with Draftstreet you would think BB has some value to someone. And the way the user base is wasting away it is becoming less valuable by the week.

This Post:
241350.21 in reply to 241350.1
Date: 5/7/2013 7:40:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I felt "attacked" because I was told that I was dancing around answering anyone's questions when I was already answering *more than I already was technically allowed* to say. Clearly there was nothing you people would deem acceptable, so to avoid any further nastiness from either side, I shut it down. I'm sorry you feel this way, but our hands are tied, we do not make the rules, merely enforce them. I hope you can understand this and we can all move on.

This Post:
241350.22 in reply to 241350.21
Date: 5/7/2013 8:15:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree. There's no point arguing over something that isn't under any of our control. I'm just a little frustrated over the way things are handled around here, but I realize that it's not really your fault. I'm ready to move on.

This Post:
241350.23 in reply to 241350.22
Date: 5/7/2013 8:38:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, now that we're over this, let's get back to Jason Collins.

I wish there were pigmen. You get a few of these pigmen walking around I'm looking a whole lot better. Then if somebody wants to fix me up at least they could say, Hey he's no pig-man!
Advertisement