This Post:
259891.13 in reply to 259891.11
Date: 7/4/2014 3:12:13 AM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
An app would be the best idea for Buzzerbeater right now.

I know it is incredibly hard to make one, with the game and all of that stuff but if thy could make an app, imagine how great it would be.

Let's say the app gets into top 150 on apple. Even if users don't get the app, they still may check out the website anyway. We also have to think of this. Mobile is taking over the world. People enjoy mobile and stuff rather than computers I believe. Right now, people on mobile may not go on the site because if they have a device that doesn't have flash, they cant watch games. They cant do lots of things. I go on mobile a ton, home or away to go on the site anyways. But I would love an app.

Make a user friendly application, if you're going to make one at all. People need to be convinced not just to use this with wifi, but use data if they have any.

I don't think there should be a price on the app. I think there should be a good amount of ads, and 5 in app purchases.

1. Supporter 1 Year
2. supporter 3 months.
3. Supporter w/ second team
4. Second team
5. Remove ads ($.99-$4.99, automatically no ads with supporter)

Another suggestion would be that once you login you stay logged in and don't have to on the app.

It's a stretch, but you have to make the app free. I would see 5000 downloads at least, and I would highly recommend something like write a review for a free 2 weeks of supporter!

Another idea, try to use tapjoy (Apple) to get people to get supporter points.

An app may save BB, and I honestly think if anything needs to happen it should be an app, I know its incredibly hard but it needs to be a focus. Hire some people that are capable, is a suggestion.

Think of it like this - create an app, many people happy.

One more idea I am having is make the way you watch the game cool on mobile, you could even do something like ESPNs game cast or something like that, where it shows the X shoot the ball, and has a nice game flow chart.

Keep in mind these are just suggestions.

This Post:
259891.14 in reply to 259891.13
Date: 7/4/2014 5:55:16 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Those ideas seem very well thought through to me ...I would definitely support an app, as in my opinion this is long overdue. I'm mainly using my mobile to set up lineups etc as the only time I have at hands is when I'm on a train or have a short break at work. And I almost never have my laptop with me..so the process of setting up a lineup etc is very annoying with a smartphone and I'd be glad to buy those suggested in app purchases...

And I think I wouldn't even need every function in the app but the most important ones (lineup, TL, training setup ... maybe make a poll to find out what people need the most ...)

I hope you'll start developing the app as soon as possible ... it would love to see BB grow again with a BB-App!

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
259891.15 in reply to 259891.10
Date: 7/4/2014 8:37:51 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Thanks all, we are aware of the importance of the app, that's why this discussion is happening.

We need help to make it though, and have limited resources. If you ask me, the best way to go is to setup a wiki or similar for the devs and start documenting the project there. As I said, there's a lot of people interested in helping us, which really makes me proud and happy, but for the same reason, I wouldn't limit the dev group to a student project or similar. I guess, we can make something similar to BBAPI that can actually receive data too, not just display it. I wonder if BBAPI would be a good platform for this or there's a better way, and that's what I'm asking.

@Wellington: I would gladly accept help with coordination. I agree with everything you wrote (incremental approach, unilateral development and spec building...), and seems to me like you know what you're talking about. If you like, propose how to start this (where to make a project site, what it should consist of, what are our obligations as BBs and what are the obligations of the community devs) and we'll then take steps and make an official post for it.

This Post:
259891.17 in reply to 259891.16
Date: 7/4/2014 4:23:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Joe is right, security is always a concern, especially as we probably won't have many(if any) experienced developers to do it. But I can see a couple options to work on that, first would be using facebook login, which is already in place and seems to be secure enough, second would be some kind of game center/google account link, but that gets harder with multiplatforming, then there's always hash and commonly used security protocols which can be found in public libraries. Facebook login is by far the most feasibly in my opinion, but it would be up to the BBs and the devs to look at the best option available.

@Marin: Sounds good, I'll think about that as soon as the world cup match is over (go Brazil!)
Then I guess we should find the people to work on it and set up a forum or wiki for the kickoff.

This Post:
259891.18 in reply to 259891.17
Date: 7/4/2014 4:53:54 PM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
So if this becomes a thing, Marin, are you going to hack the post and then let us suggest features for the app?

This Post:
259891.19 in reply to 259891.18
Date: 7/7/2014 10:31:50 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Hack the post? I don't think I understand what you mean.

Since you all know the offseason calculations are starting today, I will have to concentrate on the that for a couple of days. I am by no means abandoning the bb app idea, I will just have limited time to post here and organize things, so please be patient and we'll jump back on the idea as soon as we can. Thanks!

This Post:
259891.20 in reply to 259891.19
Date: 7/7/2014 2:03:34 PM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
I mean like take it over and start a discussion about it, like the 2nd team one.

This Post:
259891.21 in reply to 259891.20
Date: 7/8/2014 7:29:50 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
There will surely be a newspost and a dedicated thread in BB-Global, once I get around to do it. For now, we can only try and find as much information about this as possible before deciding on how to proceed.

This Post:
259891.22 in reply to 259891.1
Date: 7/8/2014 6:29:43 PM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Nice suggestion mate, it would be great.

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
259891.23 in reply to 259891.21
Date: 7/15/2014 6:30:18 AM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I think the best solution for making an app, is hiring a professional.

Advertisement