Bugs, bugs, bugs > Two games in one day

Two games in one day

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
26790.13 in reply to 26790.10
Date: 4/28/2008 12:14:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Really? Were you specifically told that it was a bug that was resolved? By a BB or GM staff?

My impression is that last season scrimmages were scheduled no matter what, and at the subsequent scheduling update the obsolete games were cleaned up.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
26790.14 in reply to 26790.10
Date: 4/28/2008 12:14:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The bug forum is really working badly. Someone posting here should have a proper and careful answer from BB or GM staff, and it should be forbidden other users to give answers. Other way, people will stop reporting bugs, as too many messages finally dilute the topic of the post, and make much harder the work of BB to find out what is exactly being discussed.

The reality is that BBs don't always have the time to answer as quickly as a user would like. They're busy, and they prioritize. As well, GMs almost never have any more information on issues than regular users have.

I've made an effort to reduce the traffic here (through the sticky) so that there is a better signal-to-noise ratio, to make real, new bugs stand out more.

Disallowing regular users from posting responses to bugs is a terrible, terrible idea. I'd like to think that in my pre-GM days, I contributed a lot of useful responses (and even solutions) to bug reports. And there are a handful of productive non-staff posters in here now.

This Post:
26790.15 in reply to 26790.7
Date: 4/28/2008 12:18:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The tiebreaker is unnecessary and will disappear at the next scheduling update. Nothing abnormal.

I respect that people want answers. Given that there is no answer to give, I will speculate based on my experience...

I believe kozlodoev is mostly correct here. In the case where two games are scheduled simultaneously right now, I think (based on my recollection of this issue last season) that one of the games will be removed at the next update (before the games are to be played).

The fact that two games are scheduled at once to begin with is unquestionably a bug (whether it naturally sorts itself out or not), and I'll make sure it's reported up the chain.

This Post:
26790.16 in reply to 26790.15
Date: 4/28/2008 12:24:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am pretty sure that the scrimmage is always scheduled, and all obsolete games are cleaned up next update. It's a redundant feature, but a feature nonetheless.

Coincidentally, the 'next update' has passed already, and all double-booking situations seem to be resolved

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
26790.17 in reply to 26790.14
Date: 4/28/2008 12:56:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the spanish forums, for some time we have worked like this:
- Users reports problems at the local forum.
- We try to help them. We explain it when they are known issues. We ask for patient.
- Only when we don´t know what it is, then we suggest to take a look at the bug forum.

Very often they can´t speak english so we try to help them. In a few cases we open a new thread. Today, I just waited because there already was one thread about this topic.

In my opinion, regular users who want to help can do it pretty well at their national and general forum, and leave the bug forum free for BB and GM. I think this is the way it should work and not everybody telling whatever and starting endless discussions not in the right place.

When I want to discuss I write in the national, general forums.
When I want to report a bug, I write in the bug forum, and I don´t want the opinion of any other user like me. I just want a BB-GM answer or nothing.

I don´t find so terrible my idea, so at least take it into consideration.

Last edited by Emilio at 4/28/2008 12:58:32 PM

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
26790.18 in reply to 26790.17
Date: 4/28/2008 1:00:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I want to discuss I write in the national, general forums.
When I want to report a bug, I write in the bug forum, and I don´t want the opinion of any other user like me. I just want a BB-GM answer or nothing.

The Bug forum will not be restricted to BBs and GMs for the forseeable future, for reasons Oueftete outlined, including the fact that many non BB/GM users do have insights to why something is happening, and can also report additional info about a bug that the OP may not have noticed/included.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
26790.19 in reply to 26790.15
Date: 4/28/2008 1:09:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I will not speculate, I will just tell you what I saw this morning (spanish time):

- I had two SC matches for this week (tuesday and thursday).
- I saw that some people had one SC and one PO match at the same time for tomorrow and the tiebreak was necessary.

In my case I thought this was an extra match to keep the 48 minutes for my player, so I reordered my line-ups with this in mind.

Fortunately I connect very often to BuzzerBeater, and now I have seen that the tuesday match has been delayed to saturday, so I could fix my line-ups again.

You can imagine that if I don´t log in so often and discover this, all my plans would have been destroyed by this BUG.

I cannot find a better place to report it than here. But I don´t understand why should I have to write several times the same thing just because people don´t read carefully... it is really frustrating and of course it makes the bug forum useless.

This Post:
26790.20 in reply to 26790.19
Date: 4/28/2008 1:12:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But I don´t understand why should I have to write several times the same thing just because people don´t read carefully... it is really frustrating and of course it makes the bug forum useless.

People make mistakes.

If you want to find a place where people make mistakes, then go, uh, actually, I have no idea where to send you, since no one is perfect.

I made a mistake, and said so. If you can't accept an apology, then there's not much I can do.

Also, the bug forum is hardly useless.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
26790.22 in reply to 26790.19
Date: 4/28/2008 1:26:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can imagine that if I don´t log in so often and discover this, all my plans would have been destroyed by this BUG.

I'll repeat that again -- this is a clumsy feature, but a feature. It worked the same way last season, and it will probably work the same way next season. Though, if you want to mislead your community, by all means go ahead and do it. I'm not going to stop you.

But I don´t understand why should I have to write several times the same thing just because people don´t read carefully... it is really frustrating and of course it makes the bug forum useless

And I find you need to hammer a ridiculous point about as frustrating. You are an LA and you likely have access to several staff forums. Many GMs probably know as much or less than you regarding several situations. Neither knows as much as any game developer. Many simple users who pay attention to what's going in the game can probably give you the same answers. You're not going to get a BB comment on every simple request that's posted in the forums, be it the Bugs or some place else. They have to spend some time on actually developing the game, you know

This Post:
26790.23 in reply to 26790.20
Date: 4/28/2008 1:28:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My last posts were not directed to you. I´m sorry if you understood this.

Again, if you read them carefully, you will discover that I was talking about regular users which take the place of GM and BB. Before your post, there were also two other users. I accept that you or anyone can make a mistake, and I´m not attacking anyone personally, I´m just trying to help to improve the forum by giving my opinion.

Take it as you want.

Advertisement