Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
319331.134 in reply to 319331.131
Date: 6/8/2023 1:56:27 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
How much faster do you want it to go? 30-40 pops a season? Capping HOFs at 24? Right now with youth trainer and gym you can even touch 20 pops - my 19 year old trainee had 19 pops last season. You can easily cap a HoF at 27 years old now. Sure, real life players might hit their peak way earlier, like Wade winning FMVP at 24, D Rose winning MVP at 22, Duncan winning FMVP at 22... But all of them had really high starting skills to begin with - they were NBA ready from the start. But if you want to compare it to real life - which NT in real life is made up of 12-15 HOFs in their prime? And how many do we have in BB? That's proof that training has become too fast - every where you turn in BB, you see a HOF.

The training of BB has come a long way since the era where everyone shares the same trainer and level 10 was the highest level (but it's effectiveness is equivalent to level 5 today). They boosted the training speed by adding 2 more levels to trainers, implemented elastic effects and cross training (which iirc did not exist earlier in the game) to speed up training further, brought in stuff like youth trainers and gym to give you even more pops, introduced training court so you don't need to waste time training and nutritionists so that you don't have to waste time training stamina if your level is high enough (level 6 can also give you stamina pops because of cross training).

Frankly speaking, the complaints aren't justified. Everyone just wants instant glorification - it's a result of today's fast paced life I guess. But has anyone who complained looked at the consequences? Player value has tanked so bad that it's not worth it to train - increasing the training speed will increase the supply of highly trained players on the market - and with a huge supply, their value will suffer. Good for the people who buy their way to victory (which, afaik is what the developers have always wanted to prevent), but for any trainer who don't eventually use their trainee, it is not worth the hassle.

That said, I do agree with you that training speed shouldn't be decreased - not because it's slow but it will make people leave the game coz they don't know it's already too fast. But then, the training speed today is by no means slow. It shouldn't have been so fast in the first place.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 6/8/2023 1:59:54 AM

This Post:
319331.135 in reply to 319331.134
Date: 6/8/2023 2:05:43 AM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
I guess we can agree to disagree lol, but I think the speed is at okay pace. Managers just want some variation in training I guess? To a certain extent we are saying the same thing but worded differently. To be honest I am okay with the current training system, although it does kinda suck you can train up to 3 of same players. Which isn’t a bad thing neither but it’d be cool you go in a different direction for the others

This Post:
319331.140 in reply to 319331.119
Date: 6/8/2023 11:26:37 PM
Rogues
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stardom Slammers
After reading through the responses, I lean towards no. However, some have suggested Plan B with the extra being exclusive to homegrown players. That idea sounds interesting.

Advertisement