BB Global (English) > The BB Training Crowd-Sourcing Project

The BB Training Crowd-Sourcing Project

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
203921.135 in reply to 203921.132
Date: 1/28/2012 4:59:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would love to see the averages as presented in the training speed table, but separated for all combinations of age/height/coach level, in one big table. Like the raw data you give in the age table. If you ever have the time.

I'm having trouble visualizing this. You mean, instead of filtering (which I need to add trainer level to), show the data for every combination of: training type, skill, trainer level, height, age? I don't think there's going to be a good way to display that, especially since height is going to have a LOT of entries, many of which have a small amount of data.

If you just want the numbers, i think you can already get those by using the "Single pop data" link on the analysis page, which will show you every instance in which a certain training has been run, along with level, age, height, minutes and whether or not the specified skill popped. It's not averaged, but maybe you're just looking for the data?

Also, you might want to consider running new regressions for the skill weights and othe coefficients in the salary formula with the data you get in the week after the salary change. I'm afraid our current coefficients need an update (they were derived in the time before computers were invented).

Good call, i'll do this. Any reason to suspect the coefs themselves have changed and not just the scaling factors?

This Post:
203921.136 in reply to 203921.133
Date: 1/28/2012 5:02:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know several people have been having trouble, and i don't have a great answer. For whatever reason, the host we use sometimes just times out. The perils of using a free hosting service, I think.

The best thing to do is make sure you're using the current script (it's not really much better at preventing errors, but it is much better at letting you know if there was a problem), and then if (when) you get one that fails, just wait a few minutes and send it again. I've had times where i've had to do this 4-5 times before it'll go through. Trust me I'm trying to improve it, but for now, just need some patience.

I don't think it has anything to do with the skill drops... there are plenty of those properly recorded in the database, and eventually I'll try to do something with them, but for now they're just silently being recorded.

This Post:
203921.138 in reply to 203921.137
Date: 1/29/2012 4:33:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The speeds you calculated are just the ratio of pops among all observations for this training type (and restrictions for age and height), right?

Yes. I've looked at the data a few other ways as well:
- the "get multi-pop data" place holder will be to display all training entries where we know the exact training history between consecutive--or several--pops in a given skill. i've tried using this to estimate how much each of those trainings contributed to the pop, but it was producing some funky data last time i looked. we have a lot more data now, so i should try this again.
- ultimately the best approach, i think, will be to assume a model and then fit all the single pop data to it. but, need to have a good sense of what the model should look like first.

unfortunately, both of these involve curve fitting, and not even necessarily linear curve fits. i really want to have this site as an ongoing resource, where the data just gets better and better over time, but that means being able to do the analyses on the fly. so if anyone has done any least squares fitting in php, i'd love to hear from you

Hm, I have a feeling it might pay off to look at this with fresh data. There may have been some small mistakes in the skill coefficients all along, for example highly skilled guards seem to be off their salary prediction a bit too often for my taste.

sounds good, i'll check after the update.

This Post:
203921.139 in reply to 203921.138
Date: 1/29/2012 5:04:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
wozz: (http://www.drque.net/Projects/LeastSquareRegression/) Haven't looked much past the basic googlefu, but...

This Post:
203921.140 in reply to 203921.139
Date: 1/29/2012 5:28:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
wozz: (http://www.drque.net/Projects/LeastSquareRegression/) Haven't looked much past the basic googlefu, but...

yeah, i think i saw that one before and it looked like just a glorified linear regression analysis. really need to be able to fit non-linear functions (if nothing else, the effect of minutes is highly non-linear). i think i found an implementation of levenberg-marquardt at one point, which would do it, but it was non-trivial to implement (including needing be able to differentiate your model with respect to each variable). anyway, enough math for now! i'll take another look at that one too.

This Post:
203921.141 in reply to 203921.134
Date: 1/30/2012 10:19:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's a new version of the GreaseMonkey on the site, install and restart your browser.

Is that working on your side, mate?

This Post:
203921.142 in reply to 203921.141
Date: 1/30/2012 11:13:18 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Greese Monkey sucks....Just download chrome and do it from there...I just use Chrome when I am downloading my trainings and then back to firefox to look at all the goodies.

This Post:
203921.143 in reply to 203921.142
Date: 1/31/2012 8:11:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Err you need GM addon on Chrome too.
I use Chrome btw, I like it better than FF.

This Post:
203921.144 in reply to 203921.136
Date: 1/31/2012 9:54:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know several people have been having trouble, and i don't have a great answer. For whatever reason, the host we use sometimes just times out. The perils of using a free hosting service, I think.

The best thing to do is make sure you're using the current script (it's not really much better at preventing errors, but it is much better at letting you know if there was a problem), and then if (when) you get one that fails, just wait a few minutes and send it again. I've had times where i've had to do this 4-5 times before it'll go through. Trust me I'm trying to improve it, but for now, just need some patience.

I don't think it has anything to do with the skill drops... there are plenty of those properly recorded in the database, and eventually I'll try to do something with them, but for now they're just silently being recorded.

I've noticed a few times that I get the error that it didn't update but when I look at the site, it has the training record updated already. I wonder if there might be something somewhere that's creating a false positive error message or some such?

This Post:
203921.145 in reply to 203921.144
Date: 1/31/2012 10:06:34 AM
Phoenix_Suns
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I´m sending every training week, and no error message occurs, but on the history page it shows no training since the year 2012.
I have greasemonkey 0.9.15 installed.

Advertisement