Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.135 in reply to 264414.134
Date: 11/9/2014 5:57:35 AM
Skytturnar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Autobid are interesting but it was tried in Hattrick and unfortunately it haven´t work very well. Daytrading plus buying a new team short for playoffs are big problem which is unreal and made this game not as fun to play as it should. So I think it´s important to come with as many ideas how to solve it as possible.

Sportssend.com
This Post:
264414.136 in reply to 264414.135
Date: 11/9/2014 12:32:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Autobid are interesting but it was tried in Hattrick and unfortunately it haven´t work very well. Daytrading plus buying a new team short for playoffs are big problem which is unreal and made this game not as fun to play as it should. So I think it´s important to come with as many ideas how to solve it as possible.

I guess the question here is whether autobids are to be viewed as a tool used as a solution to daytrading or as something simply used to bring more time zone agnosticism (for lack of better term) to the transfer market. It certainly wouldn't have any real utility in preventing the late season team buying, and as long as managers have complete freedom to set the initial bid price for their player swaps, it wouldn't address some of the more egregious daytrading.

I do recollect that I enjoyed the autobid process in Hattrick immensely, though, because it allowed bids to reach a player's true worth faster, rather than having the price sit very low until a few hours before the transfer closed. If you're selling a player in the hopes of using the money to find a replacement (as one might in a training situation), that may be of some real benefit.

This Post:
264414.137 in reply to 264414.136
Date: 11/9/2014 1:55:43 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
I still look at the market all the time even if it is difficult to work with in season now
One thing is for sure judging from some sales I've seen lately
Teams making stupid purchases on players that are far overpriced has not abated
Sadly it is against the rules to show those examples
the day players worth $150,000 don't sell for $800,000 is the day the transfer market is turned off completely
However,finding and buying bargains...Or buying, training a little and reselling a few weeks later should not be punished but admired.
So it goes.
A problem seeking a solution has met with an over-reaction

This Post:
264414.140 in reply to 264414.139
Date: 11/9/2014 2:38:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
higher fees = fewer options = less strategy

This Post:
264414.141 in reply to 264414.140
Date: 11/9/2014 2:46:47 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
higher fees = fewer options = less strategy

= less time viewing the transfer market = less time playing the game = ??

This Post:
264414.142 in reply to 264414.141
Date: 11/9/2014 3:34:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Rather than up the taxes on selling players I would have instead put a tax on listing players that dont sell.

How many times have we seen a player repeatedly listed at ridiculous prices until some one buys them.

Currently there is nothing stopping a manager from listing players at over the top prices.

I suggest that a 1% "auction fee" be incurred on the asking price of any unsold player.

This would stop the transfer list being full of over the top priced players and perhaps hit the day traders.

This Post:
264414.143 in reply to 264414.136
Date: 11/9/2014 6:03:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess the question here is whether autobids are to be viewed as a tool used as a solution to daytrading or as something simply used to bring more time zone agnosticism (for lack of better term) to the transfer market. It certainly wouldn't have any real utility in preventing the late season team buying, and as long as managers have complete freedom to set the initial bid price for their player swaps, it wouldn't address some of the more egregious daytrading.
Totally agree.

I do recollect that I enjoyed the autobid process in Hattrick immensely, though, because it allowed bids to reach a player's true worth faster, rather than having the price sit very low until a few hours before the transfer closed. If you're selling a player in the hopes of using the money to find a replacement (as one might in a training situation), that may be of some real benefit.
Again, totally agree.

Autobids don't really take away from anybody. If they are easy to implement (and honestly I have no idea) I don't see why they shouldn't be introduced. If they take too much time, it would be nice if it's something the BBs will be looking to introduce when more pressing matters have been settled.

This Post:
264414.144 in reply to 264414.142
Date: 11/9/2014 6:11:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Rather than up the taxes on selling players I would have instead put a tax on listing players that dont sell.
Here's a great idea that has never been suggested as far as I know.

I suggest that a 1% "auction fee" be incurred on the asking price of any unsold player.
I'd even say charge the (former) 20% to 3% fee no matter if the player is sold or not.

It doesn't solve the day trading problem, but surely discourages charging very high amounts in the hope someone makes a mistake and bids on the players.

This Post:
264414.145 in reply to 264414.141
Date: 11/9/2014 6:26:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
= less time viewing the transfer market = less time playing the game = ??

That's not what i meant at all.

Information is a very important part of this world we live in.

It changes on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.

Information is going to dictate my goals.

So if information changes so do my goals.(what i want today might not be what i want to tomorrow)

This game has alot of variables (information) to it, and they are always changing.

The more options i have, the easier it is going to be to change my strategy as variables (information) change.

Last edited by vdog at 11/9/2014 8:35:40 PM

Advertisement