BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
130835.136 in reply to 130835.135
Date: 2/10/2010 9:18:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I just don't agree that you cannot find what your are looking for without ads. Perhaps you aren't clear on how to use the TL search filters. My suggestion about ads was an attempt to solve a problem. Your reply to me was a nitpick, failing to suggest any improvement. Then I replied to you about why I added the price thing and the truth came out. You feel disadvantaged. Once again it comes not to you making a viable suggestion but just more banging your head against a wall about a return to a system that is not going to happen.

I observed a question about your suggestion,that you don't answer me.
I'll repeat again:Why I should nott see the players on transfer market,without losing a great amount of time,if I have immediatley that sum of money available?This is not an unexistent problem
A medium user of a great country in BB,doesn't have a great sum of money immediately available.He can program to sell a player for buying another stronger.But he can also see an occasion on the market,and decide in a moment to sell a own player to buy another.The observation I made on your proposal,was that,if realized as you think,we should not find these occasions on the market,because we should not see them,if we doesn't spend many hours on TL
And you answered only that I could spend my time on TL estabilishng the price that I want to spend for a player.But maybe you don't understand the point of my intervention.
With the system that you suggest,you gave great advantages to who has the possibility to accumulate great amount of money in short time.You will not compete with me on the market,and you don't need the transfer ads,because you have the strenght for your position to buy the best players,selling fastly and with profit your player.But your countrymates,and who is in the same structural situation of yor countrymates,needs the same players that could interest me.But they could see them on market,I could not do it.
I have nothnig against you,I noted a kind of injustice in your proposal and I wrote it on the forum.And I find again that the old system was better,and that the new system can be supplementary,but cannot substitute it

If you think that these thought are unproductive,sorry for that.But that's my thought

P.S. IF an user A has more money that a user B,also if he's asleep when the auction ends,he however will win the auction.Are you feel disadvantaged about the market?

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/10/2010 9:38:07 AM

This Post:
130835.137 in reply to 130835.136
Date: 2/10/2010 11:18:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No- My response was that my price filter suggestion was not necessary, just something that is already done on the manage my team page transfer ads, and a possible way to shorten a list of one-line transfer ads.
Also, it takes less than one minute to use the transfer list filters, which will give you a player filtered to age, position, potential, salary, and 4 skills. If you can't program around that, I don't know what to tell you. This system is about 1000 times more efficient and time-saving than transfer ads, and it contains all players, not just those advertised by their owners.

By great country do you mean large? In English those words are not direct synonyms, although great can mean large for sure. I suppose if I was playing this game to make huge profits I could do what you say maybe. I am only playing it to have a good time and not to exploit any "advantage" you might think I have. I also have to sell players in order to improve my team. Ithink that is a common misconception- that teams like mine are sitting on tens of millions of dollars. In order to improve my team I can either sell one of my players or save for about 20 weeks. I would like to get my team salary up to where my balance is just barely in the black, but I don't have the money to do so. I could waste money on staff that I don't need or seats that I can't sell, but why would I do that?
Your ps makes very little sense to me. I tried to get what you were trying to say but I couldn't. The first sentence is not necessarily true and the second sentence baffled me.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
130835.138 in reply to 130835.127
Date: 2/10/2010 12:40:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry,but again you don't understand what I'm trying to say.
For using the TL filters I need to have an idea of what I'm searching;I need to have the idea to change my roster in a certain way.But not always I need to search players,I could have a project for developing my team that don't need to change any player of my roster immediately.But in this period of time,there could be some good occasions on the market to improve my roster,or to buying some new young players.I would like a system that allowed me to know these situations,without staying 24h/day on TL,to decide if changing my strategy.
And the old transfer threads worked better than the new Ads system,which is filted by price(and often a user hasn't,at that moment,the money to buy some player who can improve his team),and force me to see the page of the player,because doesn't show me all the skills,but only the skills with the higher level,that could be useless for what I'm searching
There are also some other problems that I said previously in other posts,and that you can read(for example you can see only two Ads in a page,and you have to refresh continuously the page for looking a good number of players)

Surely I know that with the various transfer threads I cannot wiev all the players on the market,but it was a fastly system,that allowed me to look at the market also if I don't have a specific need in that moment, also only for looking what is the general market dynamics for improving the mechanisms of the my future trades

I understand that you don't need these systems,but you are in a particular situation even compared to your countrymates,because you is the strongest team in your country.And every country has different situations from the other.There are many people who have different needs.Keep open two threads in a forum doesn't change the game or doesn't give some different rights from the other people,especially if these threads are open in some countries because it works well in,and are closed in some other countries because it works bad in(wasn't a request of some Mod and Gms to close it because of too much work to moderate it.Where all this work isn't requested,why it should be closed,in evry country which would and can have it?)

About the advantages of the countries of smaller country,I could write very much,but is another problem.I wrote about it here because however is related to the market,and this is reflected also in the advertisement systems of the market

I hope you undertsand now my point,you can or not agree with it,but what you answered me before,was not related to what I asked.I hope you understand why I prefer the old system,I'm not making a battle of principles,but I'm making a battle to improve the game,as the game should be in my mind

I don't know how to explains me better :D

This Post:
130835.139 in reply to 130835.138
Date: 2/10/2010 4:04:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Italian Mods and GMs who kept this thread up after they were asked to take it down have either been fined, banned, or stripped of their moderating/GMing powers, right?

Because if I just went and repeatedly posted transfer add threads for months after being asked to take it down then I am pretty sure I would have had some punishment levied against me so I assume the same will happen to the folks responsible for this, too.

Message deleted
This Post:
130835.142 in reply to 130835.140
Date: 2/10/2010 4:48:15 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
No answers = ban for all

:D :p

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
130835.143 in reply to 130835.138
Date: 2/10/2010 9:49:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see your point, and it makes some sense to me now. You obviously know what sort of player will improve your team or what sorts of young players will fit your needs or whims. What if those players are on the TL but not in an ad? What would happen then? By making use of the TL search function, you can, at a moment's notice, have a wide range of players that fit either your need or your whim. I do it all the time. If I find someone who I like (whether I need him or not) I take a look at his page, notice that his auction ends at 9pm Italian time ( 3am my time ), sigh, and realize that I won't be able to get him because even if I have more money in my bank than you I don't have more money in the bank than a Spanish team or a Polish team or a German team or many other teams from many other nations that have lots or not so many users and money in their banks. Believe me when I tell you this. I don't even try anymore because any decent player will never be won by someone who is asleep when the auction ends.

And the crux is- and this is the crux- that although the old system worked better for you it did not work for the game.You said you are trying to improve the game. Then you should be on board with this, no?

The debate about advantages for small countries that you bring up is so one-sided in your eyes that it is ridiculous. I refuse to respect it anymore because people refuse to take into consideration the very thing that is being complained about being taken away in this thread. Community and competition. Period. No matter how much "easier" it is for my team, I am at a disadvantage playing this game because I am missing the two most important pieces- community and competition. Think about that for a moment.

This Post:
130835.144 in reply to 130835.143
Date: 2/11/2010 9:30:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If I find someone who I like (whether I need him or not) I take a look at his page, notice that his auction ends at 9pm Italian time ( 3am my time ), sigh, and realize that I won't be able to get him because even if I have more money in my bank than you I don't have more money in the bank than a Spanish team or a Polish team or a German team or many other teams from many other nations that have lots or not so many users and money in their banks.

I don't think you have less money than a team of the higher division of other big countries,because when the top teams reach the same level,have nearly the same level of incomes(you have less from the TV contract,but more from the palace because you can have always the palace sold-out) ,and nearly the same level of expenses.
You said that the old system doesn't work well for the game.I think it doesn't work well for the Gms and Mods,because you have an hard work to do to moderate the forums,but this is for the behaviour of the users,not for the system itself.I konw that we are saying always the same thing,but I would try to reconcile the advantages of the old system with a less amount of work for the Mods,the Gms and Bbs,because I don't see honestly proposals that could improve very much the new system.Your idea should be good,if there not will limitations about the player prizes in seeing players,and if it became much more easier to use the ads

I have a proposal,that is a comopromise from old and new system
For making easier to use the ads,we should insert a button in the players pages which could make an automatic announce,with the players name,link to his page,the skills in the language of the seller,or in a language set by the seller, the price and the date of the end of the auction.These ads should go automatically in some threads in the various forum(depending on the language of the announce),with the possibility to order the ads on the threads for prize,any kind of skill,and for time of end of auctions.In the various forum,there should be give by Gms and Mods(that so decide if moderate these thread or not,thinking to the possible workload giving by it),the possibility of beutify their own ads.Everyone will have the same possibility,and where the moderation work well,there should be something more,but that not give any special right to someone

The debate about advantages for small countries that you bring up is so one-sided in your eyes that it is ridiculous. I refuse to respect it anymore because people refuse to take into consideration the very thing that is being complained about being taken away in this thread. Community and competition. Period. No matter how much "easier" it is for my team, I am at a disadvantage playing this game because I am missing the two most important pieces- community and competition. Think about that for a moment.

I understand your point,but it isn't my fault if unfortunately you live in a community without activity and competition.I can understand that you feel yourself snatched by something.but from the strictly point of the game(not from the point of what makes the game enjobale to play),you have to admit thet small countries has an advantages.You cannot have advantages in game to cover someone that is what surrounding game.Probably the BBs made a bad choice when they doesn't decide to make continental leagues for the players who come from small countries.And for B3,there would not be rappresentative problems,however the best user from every country in continental leagues and tournaments,should go in B3

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/11/2010 10:10:46 AM

This Post:
130835.145 in reply to 130835.144
Date: 2/11/2010 10:01:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It was the developers who said it didn't work for the game.
I think that your suggestion is a a good one. I don't know about implementation ( not only is that not at all my responsibility but I have no clue about web design etc.) but I like the idea.

This Post:
130835.146 in reply to 130835.145
Date: 2/11/2010 10:07:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It was the developers who said it didn't work for the game.
I think that your suggestion is a a good one. I don't know about implementation ( not only is that not at all my responsibility but I have no clue about web design etc.) but I like the idea.

But they explain why it doesn't work,and wasn't a problem of algorithms ;D
However,do you think you can explain my idea to the developers?

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/11/2010 10:07:52 AM

Advertisement