BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.136 in reply to 277748.135
Date: 4/17/2016 3:35:55 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I think your putting all the GM's over the edge at once without even knowing more then a small portion of them. Seems pretty unfair to me.

I respectfully disagree. I believe they're all capable of making mistakes and I think they consistently read single posts out of context and act accordingly. (Probably through lack of time admittedly.) I don't think they're all over the edge as you put it, nor do I think I've said that.

The majority of posters in the forums sees rhe line and stays under it then. Is that better? Or they just know how to behave and don't see the line. I don't know which one is right in most cases. But still the majority never gets into trouble at all.

I know how to behave thanks, and I don't think I really need lessons in it from you, or anyone else here for that matter.

I edited this into rhe wrong post before and was supposed to be in my last reply to you:
" You also talked about the part where first time breaking the rule is treated differently. But doesn't that make perfect sense?
If a new user does something wrong he will get a warning instead of a possible forum ban. If he repeats that though that ban will come flying his way. And it will be larger until the GM's see that he either can play by the rules or can't play by the rules. Then he gets a real long ban.

I wasn't talking about a new user as such, but yes, I should think its logical that if two people insult each other, the one who says the worse thing deserves a longer ban, no matter what they've done before.

If you haven't learned by the time you get a 1000 day ban or something like that I don't think you ever will. Do you?"

I've never been banned, nor do I expect to be. That doesn't alter the fact that if I was, and I felt it was wrong, I should be able to post about it.

This Post:
277748.139 in reply to 277748.138
Date: 4/17/2016 7:15:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
...as it clearly goes against the rules in the forums.
Heh heh, it would be interesting to try to find such a "rule." Then everyone could see how vague and subjective it is.

But just so you know, even if you just discuss the process and not any decision, they may delete your post. No talking about specifics allowed in the open forums.

This Post:
277748.142 in reply to 277748.141
Date: 4/18/2016 4:30:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the past when I had issue with the GMs I said like this-

WHy do BBs not spend money for better staff.

To attack staff direclty is BS to me. They are volunteers.

I admire your new found love for the BB-staff, I would like to share it to a certain degree, as the involvement of Ryan has been really a huge win-win for both users and the owners.

If something is critique-worthy, I still will adress it though. To me there is no difference between paid staff and volunteers. I have elaborated on this in the past, so talking about it again is useless imo.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
277748.143 in reply to 277748.138
Date: 4/18/2016 7:30:13 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
If you do post about it you should be ready to see your post being deleted right away as it clearly goes against the rules in the forums.

My point is not that it isn't against the rules but that it should not be. As I said I should be allowed to talk about it, I did not say that I would talk about it.

This Post:
277748.144 in reply to 277748.137
Date: 4/18/2016 7:35:30 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
What a view you have of the moderation...

Nice of you to bold one part and leave pale the part where I say I don't think they're all over the edge. I could show you the threads I'm referring to, but you'd have to change the rules to allow me to do that.

Perhaps though you remember recently replying to me despite going on to say you hadn't bothered to read my post? I can discuss that one since it was not a matter of discipline. Since you bolded where I said "I think they consistently read single posts out of context and act accordingly" I'll rephrase it slightly.

I know for a fact GMs sometimes read single posts out of context and act accordingly because one, I have seen it, and two, I have been the victim of an onslaught from a bunch of GMs supporting their colleague. Or fellow volunteer if you prefer.

This Post:
277748.145 in reply to 277748.142
Date: 4/18/2016 7:36:34 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
In the past when I had issue with the GMs I said like this-

WHy do BBs not spend money for better staff.

To attack staff direclty is BS to me. They are volunteers.

I admire your new found love for the BB-staff, I would like to share it to a certain degree, as the involvement of Ryan has been really a huge win-win for both users and the owners.

If something is critique-worthy, I still will adress it though. To me there is no difference between paid staff and volunteers. I have elaborated on this in the past, so talking about it again is useless imo.

Completely agree.

Advertisement