NBA trade deadline

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
132007.14 in reply to 132007.13
Date: 2/26/2010 1:21:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
basing it on duhon performance.

its already like its his last chance to show what his got, but the former duke pg really squandered his opportunity which could be his last.

if you look at the news closely youll see there have been problems and issues of which covers duhon excessive partying that saw his not so up par performance even gone down the dip. it affected him in a way that there were instances that he was late for a team flight going to a game.

also this matters were given a blind eye by their coach ( so i read ) because it was coach K who recommended to him about duhon for the pg spot, i think he dare not make this a big thing since they plan to really build up next season and probably duhon is not in their plans.

aside from this, i think its also a plan in keeping a good relationship among the team usa staff and players. i think its bad enough already that new york is struggling but to give issues of matters especially free agents next year are part of USA Team.

This Post:
132007.15 in reply to 132007.14
Date: 2/26/2010 1:26:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you point me to a link? I live in New York, and I haven't been seeing stories about Duhon's excessive partying. Every article recently has been about Nate Robinson, Tracy McGrady, and the hope of getting Lebron.

This Post:
132007.16 in reply to 132007.15
Date: 2/26/2010 3:39:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, my google news didn't point me to any Duhon party stuff either.

Anyway, Duhon seemed promising in the first half of last season, but the second half of last season and this current season have been absolutely atrocious. D'Antoni really tried to stick with him for as long as possible, but Duhon showed no improvement whatsoever so it was time to pull the plug, and I'm glad they did. We should give a chance to young guys like Sergio and Toney.

I wish we could get someone like Clyde again one day. Man, I wasn't alive in 1970 but I have the dvds and Clyde was amazing. That game 7 against the Lakers was epic.

This Post:
132007.17 in reply to 132007.16
Date: 2/26/2010 8:18:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the story escalated in www.hoopshype.com, i also saw it sbnation. around later second half of last years nba season. if you watch some games on tv i also heard it from the commentators and how disappointing duhon is.

it was at the height of duhon's drop in performance. because of this that lead to news and rumors of NY wanting another PG even before the start of this season, names like agustin, hinrich ( rumors started but never really get to pick up unlike agustin ).

ill try to look for it and maybe post it here but the rumor never really caught a wave unlike the tmac story in houston and all.