Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
144194.14 in reply to 144194.13
Date: 5/24/2010 6:09:40 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
For the record, I don't think Bosh would be a third offensive option on a (dream) team with Rose and LeBron since both of the those players spread the ball around a whole lot. Plus, with LeBron on the perimeter, an opposing SF (and other help, too!) would be forced away from the paint giving Bosh the sort of room in and around the box that he's not used to getting in Toronto, so I don't think he'd be worried about his offense. And who says Bosh is weak defensively? Furthermore, Bosh has missed fewer games due to injury than any of the other PF free agents this summer (in spite of the end of this season's injury issues), which makes adds to his desirability.

The Bulls' real first need is at SG (unless Hinrich refinds his shooting touch and can stay healthy, though he'll never have the quickness a big-time scorer needs and he's really a PG at heart), but most folks don't really think Wade is going to leave Miami. The thinking on why the Bulls could end up with Bosh is that, while Taj Gibson has shown he will likley have a solid NBA career, he's also not likely going to be a all-star caliber player. So Bosh would be a serious upgrade at PF, not to mention the money they'd make selling his jerseys. The problem is, though, the Bulls would be without an outside scoring threat, so Bosh might not be able to score so well without a big-time shooter in the lineup. Deng is a very good shooter, but only from 20 feet and in. And shooting from the outside may be Rose's biggest deficiency as a PG. So Bosh alone probably doesn't transform the Bulls into champs. But I don't believe for a second he'd pass up the chance to play with LeBron on the Bulls.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
144194.15 in reply to 144194.14
Date: 5/25/2010 3:55:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Between this year free agents,I see JJ fit very well with the actual Bulls situation
The lineup could be
Rose-JJ-Deng-Gibson-Noah

Lebron is dangerous mainly attacking the paint,I see that he,Bosh and Noah could be damaged because there will be not adequate space under the basket

This Post:
144194.16 in reply to 144194.15
Date: 5/25/2010 4:11:56 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Between this year free agents,I see JJ fit very well with the actual Bulls situation
The lineup could be
Rose-JJ-Deng-Gibson-Noah

I see JJ as another Jalen Rose at exactly the same point in Jalen's career. Signing Jalen didn't work out so well for the Bulls then...

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
144194.17 in reply to 144194.16
Date: 5/25/2010 6:12:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The lineup could be
Rose-JJ-Deng-Gibson-Noah

I see JJ as another Jalen Rose at exactly the same point in Jalen's career. Signing Jalen didn't work out so well for the Bulls then...

JJ need to see his role scaled in the team,but without hurting his personal ambitions.This Chicago lineup would be perfect for him,because he could share the stage with Rose till the clutch moments of the games,when Rose will be the only leader of the Bulls
JJ is a level above Jalen about talent,but he isn't a superstar that could lead a contender,that's why he failde in the playoffs with the Hawks

This Post:
144194.18 in reply to 144194.17
Date: 5/26/2010 2:18:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand why people keep talking about the knicks team as a bad team. It was a very bad team. But now there is no team. There are 4 players (actually 3 players and a large expiring contract). It's as close to a clean slate as you are going to get. They can fill the rosters spots in whatever way they want. There are no bad contracts eating up the cap space (like in every other team). If Lebron and another big time FA come to the Knicks, it won't be difficult to put together the pieces and have a contending team. Tons of veterans will want to come join in for a title run (like it has happened in other teams), plus there are already three young talented prospects in place (Gallo, Chandler, and Douglas). Not to mention that Curry's huge expiring contract can turn into a good player very soon (perhaps a good PG).
Maybe the knicks won't get anyone and will resign Avid Lee (which will piss me off more than missing out on Lebron), but I think there is at least a better case to be made for the knicks than most people are saying.

This Post:
144194.19 in reply to 144194.18
Date: 5/26/2010 5:57:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If they believe in Gallo,they should not pick up Lebron,a lineup with Gallo as PF and maybe Lee as C would be too thin to contend for the tilte.And Gallo as sixth man would be ridicoulous,as he is clearly the best young propsect of the knicks
Before any other move,they had to resign Lee and T-Mac,any superstar will move in a team with only Gallo,Chandler,Rodriguez,Doulgas,Walker,Giddens and Curry...

This Post:
144194.20 in reply to 144194.19
Date: 5/26/2010 9:50:16 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
The Knicks have a clean slate? What do you call Eddie Curry and his $11,276,863 salary? But other than that, I understand the point that they are clean slate and can add what they can fit under the cap. It’s the cap issue that’s that problem there for the Knicks, though. If the Knicks sign two huge salaries, with LeBron taking one and someone less, like Bosh or Stoudmire or whovever would be the other, those two salaries would almost max out the cap and there’d be room for only role players making more in the $2-3million range, maybe they could grab someone for $5-6 million. But it would be really tough to sign two big salaries and also keep T-Mac and/or Lee, and I have to think T-Mac is just about done and Lee is going to take his double-doubles to the highest off out there (it’s nice to have gaudy stats playing for a bad team in a contract year). So for LeBron to sign with the Knicks, it basically means that in a best case scenario he’ll have another all-star and another really solid player in the lineup with him, and the hope that Gallinari actually becomes a real player and that one day the Knicks will be able to develop a few players, too (assuming they don’t keep trading away all their lottery picks).

This is really why the Bulls are the fashionable favorite as the team most likely to draw LeBron away from Cleveland. In either Chicago or Cleveland (or Miami), LeBron already knows he’ll have a supporting cast. Those teams can sign him and go over the cap the next bunch of seasons just by resigning their own expiring contracts, which a team can’t do with free agents coming from other teams. So if LeBron decides not to give the Cavs one more chance (if he stays there, I see him signing something like a 2 or 3 year deal), and he wants to win a championship, he’ll probably go to a team that already has most of the pieces set for a championship run, and he especially won’t go to a team that is now famous for rolling out garbage teams and making really bad personnel judgments (like with almost every player the Knicks have signed or traded for in the last decade).

This Post:
144194.21 in reply to 144194.20
Date: 5/26/2010 2:59:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I meant was that the Knicks should NOT resign Avid Lee, and neither T-mac for that matter. And what I call eddy curry's salary? I call it one of the biggest expiring contracts in the league this season. Curry was a burden until the end of this season. Come July 1st, Curry's contract becomes a great asset. The Lakers traded Kwame Brown's expiring contract for Pau Gasol. That was kind of absurd, but it happens. The knicks may not get a 3rd superstar out of that (although there are rumors about Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas, and even CP3), but they can at least get another starter.

I think the Bulls have a good shot too, but I think they are more likely to get Bosh than Lebron. Miami also has a good chance of keeping Wade and adding someone else like Boozer.

But it's too hard to tell. There are several possibilities. The Knicks might put together a contending team this summer (such as Parker, Gallo, Lebron, Chandler, and Amare), but they also might not get anyone and have to start building a new plan. I guess we gotta wait and see.

Last edited by raonne at 5/26/2010 2:59:31 PM

This Post:
144194.22 in reply to 144194.21
Date: 5/27/2010 1:49:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Knicks deserve a nice team after decade of debacle...I sure hope all fall into place for once.

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
144194.23 in reply to 144194.22
Date: 5/27/2010 8:45:18 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Eh, New Yorkers are greedy pigs and don't deserve anything. It's nice to see a team counter-balancing the Yankees in the city. I say let LeBron go to Portland! or Milwaukee! or Seattle! (Bring a team back to Seattle!!! Call them the Seattle SuperLeBronics!)

This Post:
144194.24 in reply to 144194.23
Date: 5/27/2010 10:31:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nah, there are other horrible teams to balance out the Yankees. Wait until the Mets' annual end of season collapse. It's a close race between the Islanders and the Knicks for consistently worst team in New York. Though the Islanders get the edge since their "slump" has lasted years longer.

(Says the bitter Mets, Islanders, Knicks fan...)

What was up with Wade's comment about not liking the Bulls' lack of loyalty to former players?

Advertisement