Help - English > Hey new and have a dilemma

Hey new and have a dilemma

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
220421.14 in reply to 220421.11
Date: 6/19/2012 6:42:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok Mr. Blackhawks what you are saying is so puzzling to me. Are you seriously telling me that your U21 team in england was managed by a person who could not figure out how to get his own team out of division 4?

You guys all understand that teams in division IV and V are playing against bots and inactive. The entire point of playing this game is to get out of division 4 and 5. That is where you learn the basics of the game. Basics such as how to set your lineups, how to use the transfer list, and how to use enthusiasm to your advantage.

If you disagree with me, I have have no idea what else to say.

How can you disagree with the point that with the rarest of exceptions (teams who purposefully relegate to start over [please note that this is often a sign of mismanagement]) teams in divisions 4, 5, and 6 either do not know how to play the game OR have not been playing the game very long.

Why would any sane person value the advice of someone who does not know how to play the game or has not proved out their own advice?

This Post:
220421.15 in reply to 220421.14
Date: 6/19/2012 6:53:27 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
My mentor. That's where I get advice from. I know how to play the game easily. I got like 10 enth. Enthusiasm is key to steamrolling in D5. D4 it's all about players. D3 is about winning and managing GS
D2 and D1 are about becoming a king in BB. That's what I know. So fa but still learning.......

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
220421.16 in reply to 220421.14
Date: 6/19/2012 6:54:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also Mountain Eagles,

Lest you think that I am picking on you, I am not. I am merely calling you what you are. A noob.

You are a noob NOT beacuse you are young.
You are a noob NOT beacuse you have a self promoting newspaper
You are a noob NOT because you try to post advice

Rather You are a noob because you are a noob.
You have played less than 2 seasons.
You are still in division 5, meaning you have not won anything.

This does not make you a bad guy.

You may be this games next prodigy. You just need to wait until you are proven before other people should listen to your advice. You mentioned that you are learning from the Professor. That is good. Go back to school and learn from the Professor and other mentors and soon you will have an advanced degree in success.

I don't care if someone is 8 years old and wants to give advice. All I am saying is that 8 year old better have a history of success.

When I started this game I had a lot of crazy theories. Some of them have been dead on and have led to my quick rise through the ranks of the USA. Many of them led to failure and disgrace. But after proving them out I can say which things worked and which did not. And I can say that from a position of success. If someone in division 4 or 5 wants to know how to get to division 3 I can lay out a blue print of how I got here.

But people in division 5 giving advice is like Junior Varsity players giving advice on how to make it to the NBA. IF you want to know how to improve don't listen to your friends who play JV ask a Pro.

This Post:
220421.17 in reply to 220421.16
Date: 6/19/2012 7:58:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

But people in division 5 giving advice is like Junior Varsity players giving advice on how to make it to the NBA. IF you want to know how to improve don't listen to your friends who play JV ask a Pro.

Speaking as someone who never played on the freshmen, or JV team but straight to Varsity for Baseball. I'd like to comment on this...

1. Michael Jordan played on his high-school's JV team, he was not actually "cut" from the team
2. Buzzer Beater doesn't give you the option of taking over inactive teams higher up than D. V to see if you can succeed or demote.

This Post:
220421.22 in reply to 220421.20
Date: 6/20/2012 2:03:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guarantee you, 1 season 1 promotion...till DII, without a doubt.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/32664/history.aspx

The fact that Torooo took 3 seasons to get out of Brasil III, I would put money on you not accomplishing that in USA III.
Besides, the point is moot when you cannot get a USA team.

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
220421.23 in reply to 220421.19
Date: 6/20/2012 2:20:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a couple of questions, and as I'm only a little over a season old here I recognize that I don't have that much experience, but here is what comes to mind:

1. Why does everyone assume he won't be able to afford to keep him? Building a HOF player steadily and balanced won't drive the player into a triple digit weekly salary for quite some time, right? If a team is smart, wins games, builds up their arena, and trains a balanced Hall of Famer for the first 4-5 seasons, by that time they should be in Div III at least, and can be making the type of weekly income to afford him. Is this way off base?

2. A million dollars is nice. Two million dollars is nicer. However, having the luxury to train a signature player exactly how you want to with no concern for capping out in the next decade (in Buzzerbeater terms) is pretty darn nice, too. You can make money in other ways besides selling your best prospect. Most people talk about selling him like it's an obvious choice, but I don't think it is.

Advertisement