Global Leagues

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
282324.14 in reply to 282324.13
Date: 12/6/2016 5:21:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about supraleagues?

if you see the situation in Africa (a place which have a great potential of BB players, for me the place where BB could attract lets say 5000 new users ...very far from the 48 BB users from Africa right now anyway) and in micronations you can wonder how the lack of competition prevents development. The newcomer arrives play against bots and face very different oppositions very quickly, if he didn't resign before being promoted in div 1.

The National Cup could be shortened to the necessary, after that could be a cup or championship between micro nations, in Africa, Carribeas, and so on...

This would mix the will of keeping a national champ logic and bring extra competition for who's missing

Last edited by Tom2vals at 12/6/2016 5:28:42 PM

This Post:
282324.16 in reply to 282324.15
Date: 12/8/2016 2:25:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Happy to see you try some slight changes in the game...

Maybe you could try create a Panafrican League representing countries without a league (this is the case a lot in Africa, and Oceania especially). Lets imagine you put an effort to ad the game to basketball followers in Africa (like sending messages/presentation of the game in social network from basketball federations, major clubs and so on). It doesn't seem crazy to catch the attention of 20 people in Ivory Coast, 15 in Congo, 10 in Angola, 10 in Cameroon...these managers could add their team in this league. You could try if people are ok about it (it could act as a beta test for other continents) to add one extra division in each champ, a superleague with all african countries, with current national division 1 becoming in fact a div II, so as you keep the national logic, and add extra competitivity with the superleague

This Post:
282324.17 in reply to 282324.15
Date: 12/9/2016 5:47:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have been a proponent of an African Cup instead of national cups for a long time. Things might be tested here and there as announced in the mid-season news.

Sooner than later, you should change your stance form "might be" to "will be", shoulda coulda woulda, is not acceptable anymore.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282324.19 in reply to 282324.18
Date: 12/9/2016 9:46:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Considering to long streak of not so good decisions the owner should try to listen to the users.

I adressed you, as you sure have more influence than me to get changes on track

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282324.21 in reply to 282324.20
Date: 12/9/2016 1:48:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Looking forward to season 150 then.

Don't expect to see a single dollar from me again though.