BB Global (English) > Stop robbing managers

Stop robbing managers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
53381.14 in reply to 53381.13
Date: 10/11/2008 8:45:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, this is not the point...it's not anymore a question of good management , it's a fight to survival without the option of buy or to proper train the players.
If I get a +250k in a year (+250k because my team is going well) and then I had to spend the same to fire and rehire a level 5 coach I cannot play anymore. Only survive.
It is no good or bad management if I had no options.

And more, I'm also obliged to waste other money to free my team from doctors and pr that I surely cannot substain and that are the same draining my resources.

I'm curious to see the level of abandons after some weeks of this foolish thing...

This Post:
53381.15 in reply to 53381.14
Date: 10/11/2008 8:57:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, this is not the point...it's not anymore a question of good management , it's a fight to survival without the option of buy or to proper train the players.

You know what? It's exactly the same for everyone else. And it's _always_ a question of good management -- the guys who usually survive are the ones who manage best.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.16 in reply to 53381.15
Date: 10/11/2008 9:09:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no in this type of games are 3 way to raise money:
buy and sell players continously
train and sell
win games and enlarge the palace.
The third it's an option that open when you have done the first or the second.

So if you take away from me the possibility to train and sell it remains only an option: the industrial trading. Ok, it's the developers choice, no reason to complain.
For me this is not management, but only a question of how many times you remain connected. Your choice, ok.

Just prepare yourself to count the corpses of abandoned teams.

This Post:
53381.17 in reply to 53381.16
Date: 10/11/2008 9:26:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Hardly.

I don't see any legitimate reason why the user base will not continue to expand.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
53381.18 in reply to 53381.17
Date: 10/11/2008 9:32:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It was, and it is, also my hope...but I think that this implementation need some urgent adjustements or it would kill the amusement of many players.
I hope to be wrong, naturally...really.

This Post:
53381.19 in reply to 53381.16
Date: 10/11/2008 9:34:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no in this type of games are 3 way to raise money:
buy and sell players continously
train and sell
win games and enlarge the palace.
The third it's an option that open when you have done the first or the second.

So if you take away from me the possibility to train and sell it remains only an option: the industrial trading. Ok, it's the developers choice, no reason to complain.
For me this is not management, but only a question of how many times you remain connected. Your choice, ok.

That's not exactly how the economic fundamentals work.

In the long run, you can't make money from winning game and enlarging the arena. First, there is a limit on the crowd that you'll get. Second, if you're making more than you're spending per week, that means that the next guy can have a stronger team than yours by simply spending exactly as much as they're making per week. So that's not exactly an option, unless you want to voluntarily run a weaker team.

As a consequence, the only way for teams to make money at this stage is to train and sell players. How long do you train them is entirely up to you. Either way, one thing doesn't change: the folks who manage their teams better will end up on top. It's really as simple as that. All rumours of the apocalypse coming are likely strongly exaggerated.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 10/11/2008 9:38:56 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.20 in reply to 53381.19
Date: 10/11/2008 9:45:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perfect, you agree that the correct way to manage is to train and sell.
So, why are you taking away from me my first class coach?

This Post:
53381.21 in reply to 53381.20
Date: 10/11/2008 9:49:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, why are you taking away from me my first class coach?

I don't see anyone that has done so.

The BBs have always strived to ensure that there are difference between the divisions, so that D.I is clearly stronger than D.II, and so on.

Where in real life do you see D.V teams with the top backroom staff in the country?

Last edited by Edju at 10/11/2008 9:51:13 PM

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
53381.22 in reply to 53381.13
Date: 10/11/2008 10:39:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Just the same way you have to figure out the optimal player skills, wages and tactics. That's what the game is all about, really.

True enough. My opinion is with the 3 things you mentioned, there was already enough. Sure, some people will want to be here all day and night. I, on the other hand, thought there was already enough to this game.

My point was there are other ways to implement their vision of the staff system that could have been less time intensive. You can give users a variety of choices without bogging them down in transactions.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
Advertisement