Suggestions > [Official] Auto Bid System [Official]

[Official] Auto Bid System [Official]

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318174.140 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/16/2023 8:25:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Je pense que cela favorisera nettement les gros budgets.

Avec un peu de chance, les petits budgets pouvaient acquérir un joueur par chance avant la limite.

Translation:

I think this will be greatly in favor of rich team.

With a bit of luck nowadays, small budgets could snatch a player.

Last edited by GM-Perpete at 2/16/2023 12:56:57 PM

This Post:
318174.141 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/16/2023 10:04:15 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I vote for "No" because BB doesn't tell us the information of fairness.
For example, will the negative effect of cheaters increase or decrease? Will GM find cheaters more easily or difficultly? Will managers make it easier or harder to tell if their players are overbid? When we consider whether we should implement the auto-bid system or not, we must consider fairness.

If the auto-bid system is applied only on staff, then I will vote for “Yes”.
It seems that there is no fairness issue with staff. And I hope the auto-bid system is available for different types of staff, one doctor, one trainer, one PR-manager, one youth trainer, one psychologist and one nutritionist, at the same time. It will be more convenient.

This Post:
318174.143 in reply to 318174.11
Date: 2/16/2023 10:29:10 AM
Sierra Oaks Cougars
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it’s a bad idea. I do think giving the seller a “buy now” option to place on their player is a better idea. If I am willing to take $x for my player and willing to risk losing whatever might eventually be bid for him, that should be okay.

This Post:
318174.145 in reply to 318174.11
Date: 2/16/2023 11:23:10 AM
SiGN GlobeTrotters
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

You're enjoying long lasting bidwars? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue. It will rise the market prices though.

It's good for people selling and it's faster to establish the "winner" of the bid war

You're happy with X last second bids against you? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue.

As long as you haven't reach your bid limit, you'll have the last say.

You're enjoying waking up at 2 am to bid a player? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue. Remember, you're not playing alone. You might just get outbid anyway.

Yes but if someone outbid your price limite normally you wouldn't be interested in that player anyway, either because it was expensive or you didn't have enough money, and at least you didn't lose sleep time to frustration.

My 2cents.

Last edited by gnfpt at 2/16/2023 11:27:52 AM

This Post:
318174.146 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/16/2023 11:31:25 AM
SiGN GlobeTrotters
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

Voted yes but for that system to work properly you would have to remove the "Transfer Price Estimate" at least the way it is now.

This Post:
318174.147 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/16/2023 11:44:25 AM
Tartaglia Team Basketball
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with this on one condition.

The condition is the seller cannot bid his own player.

If the seller can bid his player I am against that.

This Post:
318174.148 in reply to 318174.147
Date: 2/16/2023 3:36:18 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I don't play this, or any other such game, to compete against a bot trying to bid for a player. Bot teams aren't allowed to acquire players, so human players shouldn't be allowed to use bots.

It appears like the BB's have already determined they will implement this idea and that this "poll" is window dressing to support that decision. I have my doubts that any of the concerns of those opposed will be taken into consideration, particularly since it appears like they will simply copy the version from Hattrick.

That said,

1) Since this is essentially a tool for user convenience, it should only be available to those who have purchased a supporter package or a Utopia team.

2) There should be a severe restriction on the number of times a team can use this feature every season. Once for a player. Once for a staff member. Being allowed to use it 100% of the time puts those who don't want to use it at an extreme disadvantage.

3) How will the development team compensate those who are opposed to this idea? Will their position simply be "tough shit, we don't care, deal with it?" Or will they truly listen and address those concerns

This Post:
318174.149 in reply to 318174.148
Date: 2/16/2023 7:30:47 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
1) Since this is essentially a tool for user convenience, it should only be available to those who have purchased a supporter package or a Utopia team.

I kinda agree to this. Not sure why it's not been brought up (tried looking for it at the main post but didn't see it there too). Iirc it was only available to supporters on HT as well right? (Sorry I haven't played HT for years so I'm not too sure if the situation now).

I voted no, but after following this thread for the last few days I feel that I'm more inclined to a yes.

Would it cause inflation? Technically no, because people will just place the maximum bid of how much they feel the player is worth, which shouldn't run too far from normal market prices unless their valuation is bad. Of course, there might be some who slightly higher, but I doubt it would be as bad as the situation where you go "I woke up at 3am for this so I wont lose this bid as long as it's still in an acceptable limit" then proceeds to push the limit by a few hundred thousand or something.

Would it cause the rich to be richer? Well since it's limited to only 1 bid per team, I doubt cash reserves would come into play more than normal bidding would, but it would certainly save people quite some money coz now they can just "overbid" then hope no one else does and then save themselves some money they would have otherwise lost if there was no autobid.

Would bidding against a bot make it harder than a player? Not necessarily. Especially if it's implemented like HTs where if 2 or more autobids come into play, it gets raised to the lower max. That said I'd rather have a bot raising my bid one second after I bid than having bid wars where some guy waits until the last 5 seconds before bidding in hopes that you give up. Been in the latter a few times, and on some occasions the time gets extended so far that a third bidder comes in.

I would probably not use it (since I don't buy players anymore) and people using it would probably not affect me (since I don't buy players anymore). But if we look at the bigger picture, maybe it's not so bad after all.

This Post:
318174.150 in reply to 318174.144
Date: 2/17/2023 3:06:45 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
If you are asking "Do you like auto-bid system?", then my answer is that I like it when it is applied on staff, but I don't like it when it is applied on players.
For me, it is very hard to decide the maximum bid amount of a player. Bidding staff and bidding players are different things. It is more difficult to find a "similar" player than a staff. Therefore, we are less willing to give up the bid for a player. If the max bid option is introduced, then I will have a headache. To be more specific, it is hard to find a price such that I can accept losing the bid for the player if the final price is only $1 or a little money higher than the price I offered. To decide the max bid price, I would be very anxious. It is not good for mental health.
It is not good for my mental health. Although we can bid as we normally do today, it is different for my mind. If I'm offline and lose the bid, then I will blame myself for not having time to participate the bid. Then, it ends. If we introduced the auto-bid system, then I will blame myself for not using the auto-bid system. It seems that it can't end. More choice is not always better. And if I use auto-bid, then I will be very anxious for max bid price. It's terrible for my mental health.

Last edited by little Guest at 2/17/2023 3:13:16 AM

Advertisement