This Post:
315010.141 in reply to 315010.140
Date: 8/9/2022 3:09:15 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
We had some discussion about the BB economy in Finland's BB Discord and I would like to share our thoughts. In general, we think that all these suggestions should not be implemented at the same time, because it wouldn't be clever to add billions of dollars to the game every season with massive changes to current revenue and cost structures. We should all understand that every 1k that we give to all teams, is about 180 million per season to BB overall so therefore we would make only minor changes at once and then go to the next one if still needed.

As a background, we think that there are couple important issues that could be solved:
- Top players with high salaries and high TSP are valued too low at the moment
- Training is too expensive, especially for the MVP, HoF and ATG prospects
- It takes too much time for newbiees to catch up with more experienced teams

Therefore, we have made a list of possible improvements:

- Lower the salaries at the highest salary group. This would basically mean that the main skills effect for the salaries should be reduced (e.g. JR and PA for guards and IS and RB for bigs). It would be also good to avoid "free skills" so that every skill points counts to the salary, but the best players would get their salaries still reduced overall. It would of course have some effect for lower salary players that are one dimensional, but that's not our main goal with this suggestion.

-More merchandise revenue. I think that the current suggestion in this thread is quite good, but I would reduce the percentage that was suggested (maybe 5-10% of the top player's salary?) and implement one or two other changes in addition.

-Increase spectators for lower divisions. This would support mainly the newbiees and lower level teams that are trying to get to the top league. Also, if the economical cap between divisions would decrease, this would mean that the top league team that got relegated wouldn't have to sell all their big salary players to be compliant economically.

-Increase staff supply to the marker. If there would be more staff to choose from, this would decrease the current costs of high quality staff and allow more money to be spend on buying players and paying player salaries. This suggestion is also to reduce training costs.

-Increase TV-Revenue. This would have two effects as it would give more revenue but also increase salary floor. So in general the benefit would go to the new teams and teams that are over the salary floor anyway. It might also help with the tanking as it would decrease the revenues for team that are under the floor.

These are neither in any order nor should be implemented at the same time. We think however that it's more advisable to make small changes to many areas than one big change to e.g. merchandise, as the added income would go to one particular area and encourage one particular action.

Please give your thoughts about our suggestions from Finland's BB Discord!

This Post:
315010.142 in reply to 315010.141
Date: 8/9/2022 4:14:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Please give your thoughts about our suggestions from Finland's BB Discord!

Top players with high salaries and high TSP are valued too low at the moment -> True. But more of an economy problem, I think.

Training is too expensive, especially for the MVP, HoF and ATG prospects -> Training sounds messy with all the different minutes, depending on age. Although training shouldn't be "easy" as I read somewhere, it should be "natural" (I mean allowing space for error with the minutes, since we have "low" control over them) and "wanted" (having players constantly playing 48 min for better training doesn't seem realistic, fun or even fair in terms of a player career and such but it's how it works).

It takes too much time for newbiees to catch up with more experienced teams -> Tell me about it. The gap is HUGE. Especially on salary floors and financial resources (I've been waiting 3 months+ to change my coach and I can't, since it would kill my season budget, since I'm a semi-newbie. New players can't compete against long term players in open market).

Lower the salaries at the highest salary group -> Not sure. Maybe a higher hard cap would work too? I think the goal is for teams to have (somehow) cap space to have 2/3 top players and a well rounded support cast. Maybe training is coming too fast, maybe not. If there's only a few teams that can afford those players but twice or three times as much are developing them, there will always be too many of them, which will make them overexpensive, not to mention unfitting to budgets. Doesn't seem easy to solve without other changes?

More merchandise revenue -> If salaries are going to be lower and caps bigger (but closer), this shouldn't be really needed, I suppose. But it depends on how things would be adjusted. The problem is really those great players becoming untradable and unfitting to team's budgets.

Increase spectators for lower divisions -> Seems to have potential. Though there's the need to increase the arena first. Maybe the attendance % shouldn't go down as much, to keep attendance figures higher in the lower divisions?

Increase staff supply to the marker -> Yes, please! Millions spent constantly on staff is a huge economy drain. That's money you won't have for players, training and the rest. Maybe SOME staff should be "earmarked" for lower divisions only, in an attempt to "free" them from the richer teams. Maybe not fair but gotta look for improvements somewhere.

Increase TV-Revenue -> Might help but mostly get closer gaps between divisions. I just got a jump from around 110k to 250k from III to II Division, which is something of a slow death, if I demote again not to mention, I'm somehow/very ill prepared for my new division.

Also agree that some changes should be gradual and, eventually, according to the needs that arise.
Thanks for your (group) post and feel free to reply, if you feel the need.

Last edited by Moresbi at 8/9/2022 4:16:02 AM

This Post:
315010.143 in reply to 315010.142
Date: 8/9/2022 4:43:19 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
Thank you for your comments! I have no topics to argue, but maybe one clarification of our suggestion:

Increase spectators for lower divisions -> Seems to have potential. Though there's the need to increase the arena first. Maybe the attendance % shouldn't go down as much, to keep attendance figures higher in the lower divisions?

I think teams have two options to accomplish this: increase amount of spectators or use higher ticket prices. So I suppose that if there's change to increase spectators, it would mean that team with completed arena would get more spectators or have same amount of spectators than currently with higher tickets prices. Same applies with teams that don't have completed arena.

This Post:
315010.144 in reply to 315010.143
Date: 8/9/2022 5:04:28 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
And maybe one addition to my previous post, our goal would be to give small increase to revenues for some type of teams and decrease of costs to other type of teams. But not benefit only particular teams and give less benefits for any other team, as might happen if the Merchandise boost is the only new feature.

So as a example, if a Team A plays in Div3, they get +5k to revenue, but Team B only 2.5k in Div2. Then Team B with 200k salary player gets 5k decrease to salary costs and 5k more profits to merchandise and Team A with 100k salary player only 2.5k decrease to salary costs and 2.5k more profits to merchandise. But because Team A trains his current player, they get trainer for 50k less money and 5k less salary than previously. Team B doesn't train, so there's no improvements for him with trainers, but they can also buy a better doctor with 10k less money and 5k less salary than previously.

These were of course just examples, luckily I don't have to mess with the formulas.

This Post:
315010.146 in reply to 315010.145
Date: 8/10/2022 2:52:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you suggest?

This Post:
315010.147 in reply to 315010.145
Date: 8/10/2022 3:25:57 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
That's true. However, I'm not sure if it's good idea to start slowing training or lowering the soft cap to player potentials, which would be the other solution. I think it's easier to justify giving more money or reduce costs to managers than making players worse, especially when all major changes to player training would mean that MVP, HoF and ATG players that are 25-27 yo and already capped (or almost capped) would get a huge advantage for the next 10 seasons. But to be fair, I think that the current economy system is only a bit broken, but not completely, so small changes might be the best way to go.

This Post:
315010.151 in reply to 315010.150
Date: 9/1/2022 10:02:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not sure if it's the right title but can someone check my merchandise income? why i earn so less?

My fan survey is;

i have 2M$ stadium

Normally i earn 35k in a week. However I built a stadium last season. Now i only earning 46k in a week. Is this a bug? Please help

Last edited by volkanegeu at 9/1/2022 10:06:26 AM

Advertisement