BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.144 in reply to 129389.141
Date: 1/28/2010 5:45:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
By they way theres another important point with the small countrys. If a small country(one of them, no need to say all time Japan etc etc) alll of his managers are getting really high incomes, my question is: How the BB's pretend that this small community becomes a bigger one?

I mean now maybe we cannot apreciate it but, maybe in lets say 4-5 seasons a Bomerang effect could happen there. The inbalance between the old managers of that country and the new ones, could be such a huge difference that there wont be any way to try to balance it. I dont know, but anyone have thought about that?, About how this small communities will be in 4-5 seasons? Maybe having more users? At the end ist the BB's aim to try to have more users, but i dont see how this kind of little communities can offer a new manager the opportunity to improve season after season, there wont be that way with the actual economic model.

PD: If the bb's doesnt agree with the economic imbalance, we could create a new country: Cayman islands? xDD. Take for sure i would agree to have one team there ¡

Message deleted
This Post:
129389.147 in reply to 129389.140
Date: 1/28/2010 8:17:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think that its really accurate to say that you arent ever competing against them (teams from other countries) unless in B3, because you compete daily on the TL for players and staff.

I could reply to this but Tutori said it perfectly.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.148 in reply to 129389.143
Date: 1/28/2010 8:24:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, I'd actually want it the way I originally suggested, though the winners tournament wasn't really my main point, I would prefer to see the mini tournaments expand to 512 teams or 1024 (but no more) rather than make more tourneys that Division 5 teams in America would actually have a chance to win something. I just realized that the only reason why I even won my NT was because I'm one of the only active teams left.

I still don't get it, but at least we agree that there should be international competitions!

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager

This Post:
129389.150 in reply to 129389.149
Date: 1/29/2010 2:58:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well,
I think that an advantage on the TL means something. If we speak about staff members for example if I have a 18 years old MVP potencial player and a team of a less populated country has another high potencial player. If both of us play in the same division in our countries and he is in a better economical situacion because of the economical inbalance he can hire a level 6 trainer maybe and I will be able to hire only a level 4 trainer.
This affects negatively the spanish sub-21 team that is in clear desadvantages. Or if a spanish sub 21 player is being trained in one of this cointries teams he has an advantages over me to getting his player named for the sub-21 team because of his economical advantage and his possibility of hiring better trainers. And if his player is named an mine no I am losing money.
Since the staff members is the same for all of us the system is punishing some countries teams. Its evident.I really think that we are playing a diferent game depending on the country we play. I am still waiting the premium version that others countries have. maybe someday?

Last edited by algope17 at 1/29/2010 3:02:23 AM

This Post:
129389.151 in reply to 129389.150
Date: 1/29/2010 4:29:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What is the last time that a small country made any noise on the NT's? Never.The interest on my country after hard tries from me and Steve Makis is around 15-20% but from them only 10-12 know what they are doing. They are is around 40 countries with around 100 users or less. That means less than 2500 users. Taking the max interest we are talking for 500 more users that you compete against. Is that 500 users (or 2500 assuming that everyone is active witch is not) really a problem in the market?? we are talking here about the 1% of the game.

So if you are on V division and you want to hire 6lvl trainer then mens that either you want to be a farm team, either they are making bad team planing. Our best NT player barely can get the 16 spot on Spains NT. 80+% of the current NT players have been developed from foreigners. The funny part here is that your U21 is stronger than our NT!!.

I really dont understand why you are complaining.

This Post:
129389.152 in reply to 129389.146
Date: 1/29/2010 4:32:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Have you got what it takes to be the best?
BuzzerBeater is an online basketball simulation game that pits you against other managers across the planet.
56021 other teams couldn't beat us this season. Who's got next?

I would like to answer to those who posted the following:
- Small countries have an advantage on the Transfer List.
- This means nothing because they are not your direct opponents in your local league.

The first part is in agreement with the existence of an advantage for small countries, which allow them to grow faster and easier than in bigger countries. The ratio effort/reward is much lower in small countries, and I don´t think this arguable. If we have to accept this, then the BBs should redefine the introduction to BB, that we can read everytime we log in, where you are often challenged to be the best. But the global competition is not based on equality, so who's the best? I don´t think we can currently answer this question on the basis of international rankings or the B3 tournament.

The second part states that this makes no effect to the local competition, and this is also true because all of the team in a country play in the same conditions. This sad argument can be compared with a town with a rich and a poor district:
In the rich part of the city, people get money with little effort so they can waste money without consequences. All of them have at least a Ferrari (or whatever car you think is cool and expensive).
In the poor part of the city, people don´t have money for cars, so they just have bikes and old cars.
Of course, people in the rich district very few times come to the poor part, and viceversa... So what? A poor person have a bike, his neighbours have also bikes, so he didn´t really need a Ferrari. However the rich people, yes, they need Ferraris because other way their lives would have no sense.

In the rich part, they have fast cars, but they don´t know very well how to drive because they don´t make real competitions between them. In the poor part, in order to survive, you really need to be the fastest pedaling with your bike, so you can buy a motorbike, then you have to be the best motorbike driver so you can buy a car and so on. But the 90% of the poor citizens will never have a Ferrari.

With this unfair competition,
how can anyone of the rich part call himself the fastest driver?
how can anyone call himself the Buzzer Beater best?

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
Message deleted
This Post:
129389.154 in reply to 129389.152
Date: 1/29/2010 5:22:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the problem is that smaller countries exist, BB should try to solve this by making them accessible to all players in the game to fill those leagues. Players from overcrowded countries could then relocate to a smaller country, or players new to the game could chose a country they would like to play in.

Advertisement