BB Global (English) > Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
282669.145 in reply to 282669.144
Date: 12/11/2016 5:39:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are seriously advertising a case where 3 real life years to make 1 ingame million as the most profitable way to make money!

Get outta here!

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282669.146 in reply to 282669.144
Date: 12/11/2016 6:15:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do think we need more players, in the sense that we need to find some balance between keeping training profitable and having decent talent available.

To me the key problem is that even if someone wanted to, you can't create your own team from scratch for D2 and above because training is too slow. This means that you must buy players to fill the roster, or that everyone's roster needs to be worse than it is today. How many players you need to buy depends on how fast you can train. How many players are available for you to buy depends both on how fast training is and what free agents are available after other teams go bot. The FA number is a function of the average number of teams going bot and the FA policy.

I think the BBs should rethink the ways they explored to incentivise training. First they removed other options (trading) then they reduced the stock of players. Reducing the stock of trained players or the average level of players does make training more profitable for sure, but also destroyed the economy of the game for a lot of managers (basically any manager not sitting in a bot league).

I'm not sure why in the current environment training cannot be made more profitable by increasing the training speed. What do they think would happen if training gets faster by 10-15% across the board?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 12/11/2016 6:20:26 AM

This Post:
282669.148 in reply to 282669.147
Date: 12/11/2016 8:19:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Advertising training as a way to make money is beyond stupid, as you have to sacrifice competitiveness - thus you lose money and you have to pay salary and signing fee for the trainer.

What do you use the money for? 3 millions to invest in other players? Rookies go for more than that, für 2 mil you get less than 100 TSP.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
282669.150 in reply to 282669.149
Date: 12/11/2016 10:03:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Manon i have some respect for you,but to be honest you are the person that went into troll mode,now lets discuss that godlike training mode that you are saying,to train you need to switch from "natural" positions,to train you need to pay for trainer,to train properly you need to pay for high level trainer,and when you put the time invested,and how many defeats that trainee gave you...you see the point...now there a lot of cons that you dont see here and that you never mention...

now manon you still didnt anwser my question,why does it hurt so bad if somebody can manage finances better than others!?
and how do you ACTUALLY make money now?

This Post:
282669.151 in reply to 282669.149
Date: 12/11/2016 10:04:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Look Manon, I bought my Utopia trainee for 550k. I deliberately put him for sale at 4am so that a person I knew would complete his training would have an advantage because of it. I also listed him above 2.5 million so that he would attract less interest. I had to repurchase him for 5.7 million, losing GS, money and several games. That would have been 5.1 million profit and I have other 2 trainees who are slightly worse but younger.

I've trained them for 8 seasons already. This is the problem for me...

This Post:
282669.152 in reply to 282669.150
Date: 12/11/2016 10:25:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll speak in the name of the Manon.
You all forget that every manager may train during a scrimmage/cup games/league games forfeited due to cup and the minutes. That's 1 (or 2, if you're training 1v1 or JS, that's the very popular option) training spots achieveable without a lot of sacrifices. Everyone may use them to make some money on training.

I would also like to notice that GM-Manon used quite low potential players. I believe that the net gain from training increases with a potential of trained player - potential works here like a multiplier of player value. I've observed some HoFs last season, and I'm convinced that you may easily achieve 700-800k$ increase of value every season. My PAS, bought by 1k as 18yo, could be sold right now for 1,75kk-2kk after 4 seasons of training with level 4 trainer. With another PAS drafted at the same time, I can say that I've gained on both of them approximately 3kk$ of value. And trust me, they haven't given me many defeats. They didn't need high level training. I managed to train them and fight for promotion to 2nd division at the same time.

You can argue that Knecht may make a much more money by tanking in DI. That's true, but we should remember - 80% of BB-managers are DIII/DIV players from macronations - 750k$ gain per season may strongly increase their overall gain and let their teams develop much quicker. I've seen many teams in my previous league, which managed to promote mainly because they've trained and saved a lot of money through this way. Therefore I believe, that training is much more important than you say it is.

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.

To: Siwy
This Post:
282669.153 in reply to 282669.152
Date: 12/11/2016 11:08:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
training 1 player is super efficient way to make money now ain it?
and or your math suck or its mine,but after 4 seasons you can sell a player for 2M while you may easily achive 800k increse of value every season? shouldnt that be 3,2M?
and heeeeeey youve just spent 4 seasons to earn 2M?
you are aware that proper DI roster is worth 30M+ in these days market values? :) sooo it would take you 30M/2M=15 seasons of training to get there :)
epic tactic,just epic...

This Post:
282669.154 in reply to 282669.153
Date: 12/11/2016 11:42:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, if you think about it as additional amount of money. The gains made from positive balance are the main source of money of course, but smart training of 1 player will let me make this 30M+ in 10 seasons rather than 15-20... (I also found your value a bit exaggerated - DLR Basketball Club, this year B3 semifinalist, paid only 18M for all of players from rotation thorugh last 2 years - mainly because his strongest player was a homegrown.)
It's better to gain 6 millions than 4 millions through this time, if it's possible to do it without any sufferings. Training 1-2 players at the time and being competitive is better choice than both a) not training and being competitive or b) training 3 players and being uncompetitive (however, in this case we can argue, because it depends on league, where you play right now) - I guess that was the GM-Manon point.

but after 4 seasons you can sell a player for 2M while you may easily achive 800k increse of value every season? shouldnt that be 3,2M?

It's 3,2M, if we count that player value with the one of homegrown player trained through this time, which has 1,2kk of value. I could focus on that fact more.

Last edited by Siwy at 12/11/2016 11:45:25 AM

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.
Advertisement