BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Buzzing when a requested auction is gonna end

Buzzing when a requested auction is gonna end (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
199417.15 in reply to 199417.11
Date: 10/26/2011 10:13:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You just keep mixing between User-Friendly and between making a game easy and not challenging.

User-friendly is to make things easier to use but w/o affecting the game.
It is not that the user main task is to be focused at auctions.
There are also outer options for signaling when needs to take a look - alarm-clock for example.
Hence, this suggestion does not make it less challenging and will only make the game friendlier to the user.

If one would follow you're way of thinking he would also block the skills of your own team and you will need to analyze it from the statistics or will hide current economic status and you will need to guess how much things cost.
It will make it more challenging, but it will not make it more relevant to BB managing and will just make it less user-friendly and mainly just ridiculous.

Just in case you've forgot - this game is about BB managing.

This Post:
199417.16 in reply to 199417.15
Date: 10/26/2011 10:41:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You speak in very contradictory terms.

yet

The transfer market enables teams to buy/sell players which form a big part of their team. How can you say that it is not a manger's task to be aware of the BB market?

Its like saying you want to be playing BB but just don't want to do any of the managing side of things...

Using a soccer/football analogy, it seems like you want to be playing FIFA 12!! But this game is not FIFA 12 but more like FIFA Manager!! There is more to the game then just what happens on the pitch/court. The game clearly is not what you imagine it to be.

This Post:
199417.17 in reply to 199417.16
Date: 10/26/2011 5:24:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You speak in very contradictory terms.

yet

There is no contradiction here.
A game (product) needs to be user-friendly regardless what it is about.
The focus of the game needs to be upon what it is designed to.

I know that you may think that, for example, NBA-live is about choosing the outfit of your team and making the best design for their clothes, but it is about - NBA game...

The transfer market enables teams to buy/sell players which form a big part of their team. How can you say that it is not a manger's task to be aware of the BB market?

Using a clock, or using the I/F of the game doesn't change his awareness.
The main goal in the TL is to find a player and bid well...
It is not a consentration game who test who can put his life on a hold better.

Its like saying you want to be playing BB but just don't want to do any of the managing side of things...

Bulshit...
Being focused where the auction ends it not what BB mangaging his about.
Being able to set a timer at your IPhone instead of part of the game itself does not make one a better BB manager.

Using a soccer/football analogy, it seems like you want to be playing FIFA 12!! But this game is not FIFA 12 but more like FIFA Manager!! There is more to the game then just what happens on the pitch/court. The game clearly is not what you imagine it to be.

The other way around...
It is not about the outfit of the team, the IPhone managing or the ability of being dedicated to the screen with no cause.
It (the transfer market) is about choosing a player, knowing what you would like to pay him at most, and bidding him.

I don't understand if you realy believe that it is a great ability to just stair at a screen and push the refresh icon (or F5), Is it that you have hidden reason for why it should stay like it currently is, or is it that you are just afraid changes or something...
I just don't get it.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 10/26/2011 5:38:22 PM

This Post:
199417.18 in reply to 199417.1
Date: 10/27/2011 4:59:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Another poor idea, if you want the player get the bid in on time. If you forget the player then too bad, go on to the next one.

Check the Suggestions they are important
This Post:
199417.19 in reply to 199417.11
Date: 10/27/2011 8:50:02 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
How about a big fist that shoots out of your screen and punches you in the face? Like GM Perpete said...you want the player wait the 180 seconds...very simple...

This Post:
199417.20 in reply to 199417.19
Date: 10/27/2011 1:57:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The thing is that it never ends in 180 seconds!!!

This game is not about being able to be so bored to just watch an auction.
This is not about seeing who can concentrate at the auction time, it is about BB managing!

And again, all can do this by their IPhone or whatever buzzer-clock they have.
It doesn't affect the game, it just make it more user-friendly.

This Post:
199417.22 in reply to 199417.21
Date: 10/27/2011 3:01:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In this case nobody spoke about not being at the auction when it takes place.
It speaks about being able to do other things while waiting to your turn to bid.

This Post:
199417.24 in reply to 199417.22
Date: 10/29/2011 11:11:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to admit, i kinda like this idea.

In the past, ive had to open a new window and work in two Firefox windows, (as opposed to two tabs) split down the middle of my screen, keeping an eye on the clock.

But maybe Pini is onto something here?

When im bidding on a player to buy him, i do one of two things, i sit on the 'Bids' page, and refresh it every 20 seconds. Or i sit on the player's profile page, and refresh that every 20 seconds, these will tell me if my bid has been outbidded.

So instead of an alarm like Pini suggested, perhaps what could be changed which i believe would be more practical, would be that the Bids page, or the player profile page, gets automatically refreshed, if you get outbidded.(assuming you are on this page) - (You would have to implement it on the Finances page as well. )
The Bids page would automatically change to show your bid in the 'Previous bids' section...... and the player page will not have your team name against the previous bid auto refreshed.

keep up the good work Pini - most of your suggestions are a bit left field and need refining, but they do make us think outside of the box, so keep it up.

This Post:
199417.25 in reply to 199417.24
Date: 10/30/2011 12:29:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the past, ive had to open a new window and work in two Firefox windows, (as opposed to two tabs) split down the middle of my screen, keeping an eye on the clock.

We all have to do that. It is called time management. Knowing when your player is going to end so you can go back to his page and make a bid if required

But maybe Pini is onto something here?

He wants to take the management out of BB and make this a pure basketball game.

When im bidding on a player to buy him, i do one of two things, i sit on the 'Bids' page, and refresh it every 20 seconds. Or i sit on the player's profile page, and refresh that every 20 seconds, these will tell me if my bid has been outbidded.

Pini's idea isn't about this. If you know your player is about to go in the next 2-3 minutes obviously refreshing every 20 sec is the right thing to do. Pini's idea is to have an "alarm" so you won't forget to check the player. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is more like the player is going in an hours time and so you are not refreshing the player's page crazy but an "alarm" should be implemented to tell you your player is about to expire in about 5 minutes so you don't have to look at the clock while you wait that hour.

So instead of an alarm like Pini suggested, perhaps what could be changed which i believe would be more practical, would be that the Bids page, or the player profile page, gets automatically refreshed, if you get outbidded

Easier said then done as the bids page does not know when a new bid has come in. The only way to find out is to refresh the page. Perhaps have the page automatically refresh every 60 seconds like what you see on the News websites.

keep up the good work Pini - most of your suggestions are a bit left field and need refining, but they do make us think outside of the box, so keep it up.

Don't encourage him.

Advertisement