BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Deadline for buying players for the Cup.

Deadline for buying players for the Cup.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
231617.15 in reply to 231617.14
Date: 12/2/2012 8:25:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Right now most teams are running 7 or 8 guys...this is total unrealism.
YOu need 12 guys because of injuries, to fill holes etc. I don7t see it as a downside that you can't just rent a player on a whim to fill holes in your lineup.

i completely agree with you on that but the present financial scenario of BB does not make it logical to have 12 25k+ players in your squad(unless you have an ultra balanced side) cuz you will be playing about 10 players in a game(most teams play lesser number of players) so you will be wasting about 50k of salaries so most managers increase their team's 'effectiveness' by keeping a roster of 7-9 players.and if that team faces a couple of quick injuries to these 7-9 players then they will definitely fall short of players and that will lead them to buy a replacement.and the system proposed by you will not let that happen.
what can be done is a transfer window should be implemented,lets say twice or thrice a season, in which a team can do as mant transfers as possible.no transfer should be allowed beyond these windows.these windows would decrease the renting method to quite an extent and it wont do any bad to those teams who have a requirement to improve their teams

This Post:
231617.16 in reply to 231617.15
Date: 12/4/2012 5:17:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we shout stick to topic - even though team chemistry is somehow related - it's a different subject with pros and cons.
In regards to the topic - I must agree. It's as simple as that. Allowing teams to simply "buy" is not ok.

BB always had a time deadline for the playoff. We even implemented something similar in B3 competition as we saw some finals with two over the hill teams in term of salary competing.

In terms of such deadline removing the surprise effect of the cup we can maybe have different rules for 3rd div / 2nd div and first div teams...

For example: 3rd div teams will be able to buy 2 players after the deadline passed. 2nd div teams will be able to buy 1 player and 1st div team won't be able to buy any player... (Just a thought don't judge the numbers...:) )

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy