Participation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
284102.15 in reply to 284102.13
Date: 1/22/2017 3:31:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Agreed.

Also make the news page the default landing page and put messages from the NT or U21 coach in the news feed by default (can be turned off), so that the staff can keep people engaged through that if they want. Not everyone reads forums, but you'll see this if it's right in your face.

Great suggestion (y)

It will help the NT coaches to have a better contact with the players owners.Each NT press announcement need to appear to each user of that country on his news page and more than that to all of that owners who have players in a NT.It will help more to small countries and will be better.

don't get me wrong. i'm all about U21/NT advertising!

However, let's assume that i've got a U21 player from England, one from the netherlands, a NT player from Italy and a NT player from spain.

then my news feed will be flooded by: news from the italian and Spanish NT (probably in their native language, which i don't understand) aswell as the U21 from England and the Netherlands. AND i'll have the U21/NT messages from my own country aswell?

If you can put it off, then everyone will put off their own country, cause they don't deem it interesting. If you don't give the option to put it off, my news feed will be spammed by 6 different managers per week, meaning that it will be ignored (and they'll potentially ignore the news announcements for the new season as well).

So putting this up in your face won't work if it's so much information. And if you provide a button to hide it, then most managers will decide to hide it since they aren't interested with the U21/NT.

I like the idea, but it needs some adjusting. maybe provide a direct link to the U21/NT topics (and make those mandatory in the forum) that will light up each time the U21/NT coach makes a new post? That way, you'll get one of those red notifications in your menu, yet you can ignore them if you really aren't interested. Futhermore, by providing the link to the U21/NT topics, you'll get a chance to a lure them to the forum where they can discover the other goodies.

Last edited by AthrunZala at 1/22/2017 3:32:31 PM

This Post:
284102.17 in reply to 284102.15
Date: 1/23/2017 5:35:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So putting this up in your face won't work if it's so much information. And if you provide a button to hide it, then most managers will decide to hide it since they aren't interested with the U21/NT.
But seriously Athrunzala, how hard can this be to code? The news page is already spammed with people listing players expanding arenas and whatnot.

If I don't turn off the option for leaguemates the news page looks like this:
23/01/2017 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
20/01/2017 - Skokani Kozly has decided to add Edmondo Mannino to the transfer list. His initial price tag is $ 1 000 000.
20/01/2017 - Skokani Kozly has decided to add Martin Pištěk to the transfer list. His initial price tag is $ 3 000 000.
20/01/2017 - Anthoni Maxlean reports that this week's training, which focused on Outside Shooting, is complete.
20/01/2017 - Koorpo.pl has decided to add Dario Rondina to the transfer list. His initial price tag is $ 390 000.
18/01/2017 - Sisiotti II announces the completion of their recent expansion of Sisiotti II Center.
17/01/2017 - Koorpo.pl has decided to add Dario Rondina to the transfer list. His initial price tag is $ 350 000.
16/01/2017 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
16/01/2017 - Varies Tigers superstar Alexander Oblogin will be returning to the court this week after recovering from his injury.
14/01/2017 - Asseco75 II announces the completion of their recent expansion of Asseco75 II Center.

If I do turn it off it looks like this and what remains CANNOT be turned off:
23/01/2017 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
20/01/2017 - Anthoni Maxlean reports that this week's training, which focused on Outside Shooting, is complete.
16/01/2017 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
13/01/2017 - Billy Welter reports that this week's training, which focused on Outside Shooting, is complete.
09/01/2017 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
06/01/2017 - Adolf Zelnik reports that this week's training, which focused on Inside Defense, is complete.
02/01/2017 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
30/12/2016 - Semih Süyek reports that this week's training, which focused on Inside Defense, is complete.
26/12/2016 - Your club has paid its weekly expenses and collected merchandise and TV revenue.
23/12/2016 - Kevin Hague reports that this week's training, which focused on Inside Defense, is complete.

What's the downside then? If you think mixing in U21/NT news in there risks spamming someone and everyone will turn things off then how about we fix what's already there for the same reasons? The way this is implemented right now is unhelpful to say the least. This is useful if you have a list of friends and you communicate with others through press releases. Since nobody does that, it does not make sense given the current state of the game.

My guess is that most NT managers would not bother with press releases and at most they'd do one per week. All BBs would need to do is: provide a default page for the NT teams and show NT press releases in the news feed.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 1/23/2017 5:44:02 AM